OT- Best Job You've Ever Had | Syracusefan.com

OT- Best Job You've Ever Had

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Another boring work day in Alaska.

So whats the best job you guys have ever had? Not the job where you made the most money, but the coolest job you ever had. You catching what I'm throwing?

Mine was Seneca Harbor Station in Watkins Glen, NY, bartending on the Columbia. They did dinner cruises, and party cruises up and down Seneca Lake. It was a blast, make frozen drinks, and flirt with the waitresses. My best memory: 100 hasidic jews rented the boat for a party or something. They werent allowed to have anything but water, so for the 3 bartenders it was looking to be a pretty boring day. So we started pounding jack and cokes. Kinda got a little drunk. The party was on the 2nd floor of the boat, and all the dancing was making our manager worry about the floor crashing down. His idea? Send drunk Adam up to make them stop. Needless to say, my manager came upstairs about 20 minutes later to find out why I havent made them stop dancing, only to find me in the middle of some kind of dance circle doing some sort of dance they taught me. Almost lost my job lol.

Anyone else?

My job at Channel 3 in the sports department. I got paid to watch and write about sports, sit on the floor for basketball games and stand on the field for football games.

sit on the floor for basketball games

Marsh, is this you?

12055401-large.jpg

Grounds crew on a golf course was the most enjoyable job I've ever had. We walk mowed and would be out moving at dawn. Most of the time we would work 4-5 hours and then play golf.

Grounds crew on a golf course was the most enjoyable job I've ever had. We walk mowed and would be out moving at dawn. Most of the time we would work 4-5 hours and then play golf.

ahh I had a few buddys that did that during the summers. Always said it was a blast

For six summers as a teen I worked for the city of Albany running a playground. Basically I got paid to play wiffle ball and hoops all day long. Then in college at oswego I worked at laker hall handing out basketballs and racketball gear. The best was being assigned to the weight room and getting paid to work out

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Best job, in my late teens I was as a sweeper/janitor at the GE TV production factory in Liverpool.

Did practically nothing for 8 hours.

The perk was I was free to go anywhere in the factory production area. Lots of college girls worked there the summer that I was there. Most of the workers were tied to a production line. My ability to roam allowed me to meet many interesting females. Partied a lot with co-workers after work. Money isn't everything.

Edit- How could I forget this? Many Union walk outs while I was there. Basically John Stanley the head of the local union would have the first shift walk off the job after a half shift (4 hours). The incentive was free beer at the union hall on Old Liverpool Rd. Spent many afternoons at the union hall, drank a lot of free beer.

Worked as a masseuse at a private health club in an upscale apartment complex, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
It was right after SU and I spent days "servicing" willing MILFS and their daughters...and getting paid for it!
Was invited to ALOT of parties and "private" massage sessions by groups of these women- and though my friends got alot more action than I did, I usually stuck to girls my own age.
Good times. ;)

Worked as a masseuse at a private health club in an upscale apartment complex, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
It was right after SU and I spent days "servicing" willing MILFS and their daughters...and getting paid for it!
Was invited to ALOT of parties and "private" massage sessions by groups of these women- and though my friends got alot more action than I did, I usually stuck to girls my own age.
Good times. ;)
you were a prostitute?

Good times. ;)

And first prize for "best job ever" goes to DoctorBombay! Your prize is... ya know what, after a job like that you dont need a prize

interned at channel 5 sports years ago. worked under kevin mahar and craig thomas. got to work both su bball and fball media days. sent me to interview alex rios when he came back to the chiefs for a rehab stint. interviewed some crunch players in their offseason. and also met eric cole when he brought the cup here. never felt like work as all it was mostly was watching and talking about sports

Another boring work day in Alaska.

So whats the best job you guys have ever had? Not the job where you made the most money, but the coolest job you ever had. You catching what I'm throwing?

Mine was Seneca Harbor Station in Watkins Glen, NY, bartending on the Columbia. They did dinner cruises, and party cruises up and down Seneca Lake. It was a blast, make frozen drinks, and flirt with the waitresses. My best memory: 100 hasidic jews rented the boat for a party or something. They werent allowed to have anything but water, so for the 3 bartenders it was looking to be a pretty boring day. So we started pounding jack and cokes. Kinda got a little drunk. The party was on the 2nd floor of the boat, and all the dancing was making our manager worry about the floor crashing down. His idea? Send drunk Adam up to make them stop. Needless to say, my manager came upstairs about 20 minutes later to find out why I havent made them stop dancing, only to find me in the middle of some kind of dance circle doing some sort of dance they taught me. Almost lost my job lol.

Anyone else?
Ok where are you from?? What town?

Hoyts Cinemas 19 at Carousel in highschool. Just a perfect time of life for that kind of work. Free movies. Got nearly all of my good friends jobs there. For some reason working at the theater provided a higher social status than other jobs kids my age had so that was cool.

I've always wondered if there are any other members of the Red Vest Mafia on the board.

Pretty much my whole career--doing research on Great Lakes wetlands (as a federal employee (USGS) and now as a prof at Brockport). Doing what I like to do and now also helping to train the next generation. Life is good but not as colorful as DoctorBombay.

I was just in Penn Yan last week on business

Wish I knew, could have set you up with some good places to eat. Hope you found something

Wish I knew, could have set you up with some good places to eat. Hope you found something

I do a lot of business in the Penn Yan, Hammondsport and Bath area and have hit up some of the places along the way. I like Penn Yan a lot. Neat little town. I have like 5 clients right on he main street in town that I see a couple of times a year.

you were a prostitute?
Hahaha- Man, I wish!
It was late 80's- early 90's and the number one rule was- "Don't "fraternize" with the club members".
I had no prior massage experience, pretty much "trained" for a couple of days and they threw me into my (ahem) work.
The clients were mostly bored females who were VERY rich, and VERY spoiled. No one followed the rules and there was plenty of action to be had. Also, those were the days of plentiful drugs, Reagan Era money, you name it.
Looking back, I obviously wished I'd done more but the older women didn't turn me on at all...I know, what a jackass.
So, I stuck to their daughters and/or the yuppie female professionals from Wall Street who all lived in the complex.
Best. Job. Ever. :D