OT- Best Job You've Ever Had | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Best Job You've Ever Had

I sell art on ebay. I hope to be a gallery artist someday. I'm lazy and take to many days off but its nice to be my own boss.

Worked as a paid intern with my school's SID for four years. Awesome job - paid an hourly wage to watch sports and travel around the country with the basketball team. Saw some memorable playoff football games in the snow (displayed as my avatar). Got an incredible basketball education. Also got drilled in the face while serving as line judge at a volleyball game and hit with a hockey puck in the press box. All fun experiences.

Im 44 years old and have only had 3 jobs in my life. 20 Years in the Army, 4 Years in "Corporate America" (until we got bought out) and currently a couple of years as a small buisness owner here in Syracuse.

Without a doubt the best time I ever had was being a Drill Sergeant back in 1998-2000. Just an awesome experience turning civilians into Soldiers. I worked with the "Best of the Best" Non-Commissioned officers in the Army and become lifelong friends with my DS Partners. Worked my tail off, (18 hour days, 7 days a week) but worth it. So many stories about that time of my Army career. Just a great time.

I also enjoyed my first 3 or 4 years in the Army. I was fresh out of high school and was stationed in Germany. Real easy job. Just do what you were told until 5:00 everyday and then hit the bars and chase girls. There really isnt a drinking age over there so that worked out for me as I was only 18. No responsibilies and money in pocket. I consider that time as my "College Experience".

back in the summer 2002 i worked briefly at a bike shop in the hamptons called CYCLOPEDIA'S. we had all sorts of celebrities dropping in occasionally to rent bicycles. one day the olsen sisters show up wanting to rent one of our tandems.
i told the twins that i'd have to get some dimensions in order to custom fit the seats for a more comfortable ride. when word got back to their manager about the thoroughness of my measurements i was promptly fired. fortunately for me another shop down the beach was hiring and i finished out the season at PEDALPHILES.

My best job is my current one. Retirement. You have to be good at it and I am.

I've had three real jobs in my life. Two grocery store jobs in school and 33+ years working as a claims represetnative at the Social Security Office. You deal with the public and the bureaucracy every day. Often aggrivating but never dull.

One day I talked to a mental patient who wanted to become his own payee for his checks instead of haivng a representative payee for his condition. I asked him what he would do with his money if we sent it directly to him.

"Feel my forehead!"
"What??"
"Feel my forehead"
"...Why...should I feel your forehead?"
"Because that's where the axe went in they let the Puerto Rican out!"

We kept the represetnative payee.

I don't think I've had my best job yet. Had some good ones over the years - Parks and Rec counselor, working at the Dome, etc.

I love my job now, but (to use HCDM's phrase) my dream job would be working for SU in the Office of Campus Planning, Design, and Construction.

I have worked in the entertainment business for thirty years, and when I was younger work on sizable tours (Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, queensryche, 38 Special). Went to over twenty different countries and enjoyed a very exciting fast paced life. Most of these jobs were a TON of work.

But the best one was working as the bass tech for the opening act (Suicidal Tendancies) on a summer Ozzy Osbourne tour. Picked the gig up just to fill space until Floyd started. As the opening act, we were the last to load in and the first to load out, with lots of time to enjoy the crazy Ozzy atmosphere. Never a dull moment!

Rob Trujillo is a hell of a bassist.

I was a caddy during summers in high school.

Loved it. Walked around a gorgeous private course a few times a week when the weather was nice. On Mondays, I was allowed to golf it.

I also learned a few things:

1) A country club membership shouldnt entitle anyone to be an obnoxious, arrogant ...especially when the company you work for pays your dues and you couldnt afford it otherwise.

2) When you slice/hook the hell out of your drive such that you can hear the ball hit 4 trees, dont turn to your caddy and ask, "Did you see where it landed" and then hold the caddy accountable for losing the ball and shafting him on a tip as a result.

3) The "coolest" guys at the club are the ones with "FU" money. Those are the guys you want to be friends with.

4) Entrepreneurs typically arent as smart as successful corporate guys but they have much bigger balls and are way more cool. They are the guys that will buy you a beer despite the fact that youre only 17.They tip better, too.

5) Dont ever caddy for a woman. Generally bad tippers. Bad golfers. "Hey lady. How bout some advice? The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. I'd like to get home before dark."

And that's a great learning experience for a high schooler. Best job.

Worked as a caddy. For ONE day. Lugged this lady's huge bag around for hours and she gave me $5. I was outta there, quick-like.

Worked as a caddy. For ONE day. Lugged this lady's huge bag around for hours and she gave me $5. I was outta there, quick-like.
That will be the next thread that someone starts: Worst job that you ever had.