OT: Chris Street | Syracusefan.com

OT: Chris Street

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
This may not interest a lot of you, but possibly some of the long time college basketball fans out there. But my dad went to the University of Iowa, so I follow them really closely along with Syracuse (but the Orange are always first in my heart). But anyway, this is the 20th anniversary of when one of their players, Chris Street, was killed in a car accident and here are some articles from the Iowa newspaper. Chris was one of those players who didn't have the most talent, but he hustled his butt off to get the most out of his talent. He would have been an NBA draft pick if he had lived and just seemed like an awesome kid overall. I don't think remember any of our players ever dying during their college career fortunately, but this is one of the times I had tears when someone I didn't even know passed away.

http://hawkcentral.com/

i remember him and when he died. he was a very good bull dog of a player. those were the days when the big ten was actually really good.

I live in Iowa, and remember that very well. In fact my kids were all born in Iowa City, and my son is a huge Hawkeye fan, although I have taught him to love Syracuse as well. We have tickets to see the Hawks play Penn State at the end of the month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom