OT: Did you hear what Popovich did tonight? (very messed up) | Syracusefan.com

OT: Did you hear what Popovich did tonight? (very messed up)

nycfan

2nd String
In a huge national (TNT) televised game against the Heat, Greg Popovich gave his four best players the night off to give them some rest---Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Danny Green. Are you kidding me? Looking forward to seeing what Stern does about this--this is very screwed up to say the least!

Spurs starting five:

Matt Bonner
Boris Diaw
Tiago Splitter
Nando De Colo
Patty Mills

What can he do? He justified it with saying they are tired and came of 6 game and 10 game road trip. All of those player other than green are old.

Stern has already said he's going to fine him bigtime for this.

The regular season is like a week and a half long and then the playoffs go from Christmas to the 4th of July, right?

Playing basketball into June is completely ridiculous. By then its golf mode central.

That's unfortunate for a few thousand people who paid money to see those guys play, but how can the NBA justify punishing a coach for doing what he thinks is best for his players?
What's really unfortunate is that a few thousand people would actually pay to watch NBA basketball

It does suck for the fans but the NBA schedule hurts fans as well. Tough for guys to play at their best each night with lack of proper rest - way too many back to backs. I love what the best coach in the NBA did today to bring attention to this situation.

I came down with nando de colo once when I was in South America.

Never eating bbq goat again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

In a huge national (TNT) televised game against the Heat, Greg Popovich gave his four best players the night off to give them some rest---Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Danny Green. Are you kidding me? Looking forward to seeing what Stern does about this--this is very screwed up to say the least!

Spurs starting five:

Matt Bonner
Boris Diaw
Tiago Splitter
Nando De Colo
Patty Mills

Do you play fantasy bball? Who cares and F Stern.

They should add a week and a half to the season. It would really improve the product on the court. NBA teams play 14 games a month the added time would lower that to 12 games a month and all but eliminate back to backs.

He should have made them start and then put them back on the bench 5 seconds in never to return. Can they fine that too? Where is the line? Is 5 mins OK?

What's really unfortunate is that a few thousand people would actually pay to watch NBA basketball

Gotta say, I've never seen the value in it.

Spurs starting five:

Matt Bonner
Boris Diaw
Tiago Splitter
Nando De Colo
Patty Mills

I support Popovich here, it's his team, he can play who he wants to play. He knows what's best for his team, and has no reason to care about the TV audience. Stern shouldn't do anything here.

I'm calling Stern's bluff here. He will be destroyed in the media if he does anything to Pop for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom