OT: Did you hear what Popovich did tonight? (very messed up) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Did you hear what Popovich did tonight? (very messed up)

good for stern. respect the game pop! you aint bigger than the game.

Also this gem: "The NBA announced Friday that the San Antonio Spurs organization has been fined $250,000 for its decision to send four players home prior to the Spurs' Nov. 29 game in Miami. The Spurs' actions were in violation of a league policy, reviewed with the NBA Board of Governors in April 2010, against resting players in a manner contrary to the best interests of the NBA."

Then I better not see ANY STAR PLAYER sit out a game..at all. Ever. Not at end of the season. It's in the NBA's best interests to have full arena on day 82. Period. So...there you go. New Rule.

I'm waiting for the fines for the teams who openly tank games at the end of seasons.

Also this gem: "The NBA announced Friday that the San Antonio Spurs organization has been fined $250,000 for its decision to send four players home prior to the Spurs' Nov. 29 game in Miami. The Spurs' actions were in violation of a league policy, reviewed with the NBA Board of Governors in April 2010, against resting players in a manner contrary to the best interests of the NBA."

Then I better not see ANY STAR PLAYER sit out a game..at all. Ever. Not at end of the season. It's in the NBA's best interests to have full arena on day 82. Period. So...there you go. New Rule.

i guarantee if they suited up and sat on the bench and didnt play this wouldnt have happened. you cant just be sending completely healthy players home for no reason. and no i dont consider a long road trip a reason to send 4 players home.

I'm waiting for the fines for the teams who openly tank games at the end of seasons.
Exactly. Where was Stern last year when the Warriors started all the rookies down the stretch to ensure that they would keep losing to gain a lottery pick and not have to give it to the Jazz. Stern didn't say a word.

What exactly are the best interests of the nba? I would say the current five or so super teams in the league followed by average ones are more against these "interests" of the nba. Unlike other pro sports, the odds of predicting the finals is significantly easier in the nba.

you cant just be sending completely healthy players home for no reason.

You have absolutely no clue who's completely healthy. None.

Tim Duncan is 38 years old.

Parker sat out a game eariler this month for the flu, maybe he's feeling fatigued.

Manu's had awful back issues for the past year. I'm guessing he's not 100% healthy.

All this fine will do is make Pop do a bs injury report like Belicheck does.

Yeah if they were all listed with a BS injury would that be ok?

i guarantee if they suited up and sat on the bench and didnt play this wouldnt have happened. you cant just be sending completely healthy players home for no reason. and no i dont consider a long road trip a reason to send 4 players home.

Again, what does it matter if the fans get to see Parker in a designer suit, Duncan in a Cosby sweater and Ginobili in a pirate shirt?

By all means, move the goalposts again.

This.

Pop has done this before. How come the Spurs weren't fined in the past? Stern is abusing his position of authority because in his mind Pop showed him up before a nationally-televised game.

And if we're supposed to care so much about Heat fans, maybe they can start showing up to games on time. Or maybe they can just show up when their team is in last place. They've seen the Heat win two titles in the last 10 years. Cry me a river.

Is the problem that they weren't there or that they didn't play?
To me it's not being there. You want them to sit, that's fine. Outright sending them on a plane so they aren't even there is different.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

you cant just be sending completely healthy players home for no reason.
I think that makes sense.

You shouldn't be able to put a DNP-coach decision in the box score before the game even tips off.

I think that makes sense.

You shouldn't be able to put a DNP-coach decision in the box score before the game even tips off.

You don't think coaches do that every night?

You don't think coaches do that every night?
Not exactly that, no.

Suppose a brawl breaks out and multiple players are removed from the game. Players foul out. Injuries happen.

If you don't even have the players show up you're saying that game conditions don't matter. That seems wrong to me. Coaches may not plan on playing a guy, but circumstances may dictate that the player sees the floor.

Not exactly that, no.

Suppose a brawl breaks out and multiple players are removed from the game. Players foul out. Injuries happen.

So let me get this straight...A coach should prepare for and anticipate a rare brawl, but he can't do the same thing with potential injuries for veteran players who have a history of getting injured?

The whole point was that Pop didn't want to play those four under any circumstances. And why? Because he felt they needed the rest and didn't want to risk any of them getting hurt. Parker would have been sitting there begging to get in and Pop didn't want to deal with that while trying to coach his role players against the defending champs.

This is such bullshit. Has any team been fined at the end of the season for, literally, putting half of their team on injured reserve, calling up a bunch of D-Leaguers and tanking for draft picks? No? Then ing go blow yourself Stern.

We're not going to see eye to eye on this, Otis.

I expect every team that tanks for lotto balls this year to get fined every night.

Do it up, Stern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom