OT: Did you hear what Popovich did tonight? (very messed up) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Did you hear what Popovich did tonight? (very messed up)

I just checked the box score. They are actually winning. Against the Heat none the less.

If SA wins this game and gets fined it might be the most unfortunate moment in NBA history.

I went to a Yankee game this past summer. Girardi chose to rest Jeter, Arod, and Granderson that day. I must've missed the fine handed down. Stern is a

He could also stagger his players for taking a game off instead of all 4 at once, so it's one "star" per game over a 4 game stretch... but, it doesn't mess with Stern and TNT

He could also stagger his players for taking a game off instead of all 4 at once, so it's one "star" per game over a 4 game stretch... but, it doesn't mess with Stern and TNT

Why not weaken your team for one game rather than four games? And if you can steal the one game playing your deep bench guys, as it appears they might, you're a genius.

And that also gives them a lower chance to win in 4 games, rather than just doing it all in one game...that they might win anyway.

This proves to me that pop is one of the top 3 coaches in history, IMO.

Terrific move by Pop. He realizes the Heat are so overrated with that small lineup, even the end of his bench could hang with them.

Miami is in trouble folks. Wade looks ancient...and Lebron isn't good enough to just put the whole team on his back again for a playoff run.

There may be another layer of strategy to this. Maybe Pop doesn't want the Heat to see his best lineup until the NBA finals.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Stern is way off by doing this! Pompous little @$$. I hope he get ripped for pulling this bs. I wish spurs would have won.

its bushleague. i think these guys make enough money that they can play 4 games in 5 nights or whatever the f it is. sending them home? give me a freaking break popovich, show a little respect for the game and the fans. ive worked 4 days in a row this week, can i stay home tomorrow? no, and my job doesnt involve playing a game. and wheres the competetive fire in these guys? if im tony parker im saying "no offense pop but this is my job and we're playing the defending champs, i wanna play and beat these guys."

western conference finals, spurs-thunder game 7, are we really supposed to believe giving those guys an extra day of rest on november 29 is gonna be the difference to put them over the top? please. i hope they miss out on best record in the west by 1 game and have to play game 7 on the road. i love what stern did.

its bushleague. i think these guys make enough money that they can play 4 games in 5 nights or whatever the f it is. sending them home? give me a freaking break popovich, show a little respect for the game and the fans. ive worked 4 days in a row this week, can i stay home tomorrow? no, and my job doesnt involve playing a game. and wheres the competetive fire in these guys? if im tony parker im saying "no offense pop but this is my job and we're playing the defending champs, i wanna play and beat these guys."

western conference finals, spurs-thunder game 7, are we really supposed to believe giving those guys an extra day of rest on november 29 is gonna be the difference to put them over the top? please. i hope they miss out on best record in the west by 1 game and have to play game 7 on the road. i love what stern did.
Stern is a grade A . Everything else about your post is awesome I gotta say

I agree your argument is valid but IMO the only way stern can do this, is if he owns the team. I don't much care for dictatorships. Do you? If this was happening often that's a different story.

BTW do you exert the same kind of energy in your job these guys do? If you overwork yourself do you put yourself at greater risk of injury? Does your boss get fined for letting you take an afternoon off? We are not talking about baseball here these guys actually do work.

Oh pop should have lied and said they had a stomach bug or a nagging injury...

Who's decision is it? The coach's... This would get ugly if they fought it.

In a huge national (TNT) televised game against the Heat, Greg Popovich gave his four best players the night off to give them some rest---Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Danny Green. Are you kidding me? Looking forward to seeing what Stern does about this--this is very screwed up to say the least!

Spurs starting five:

Matt Bonner
Boris Diaw
Tiago Splitter
Nando De Colo
Patty Mills

I like Popovich's honesty. Instead of having players show up but mail it in he is preparing his team for May and June and in the process telling Stern that the season is way too long.

Besides, the game was in Miami. I would like to hear what the seven knowledgable fans there thought about the move.

I went to a Sixers-Suns game a couple of years ago, Phoenix at the end of an eastern swing. Shaq and Nash played but went through the motions. What's the difference?

In a huge national (TNT) televised game against the Heat, Greg Popovich gave his four best players the night off to give them some rest---Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Danny Green. Are you kidding me? Looking forward to seeing what Stern does about this--this is very screwed up to say the least!

Spurs starting five:

Matt Bonner
Boris Diaw
Tiago Splitter
Nando De Colo
Patty Mills

F David Stern and the horse he road in on.

This is the same clown that suspended a team basically, because Charlie Ward dared to box out an opposing player who them dropped him on his head. And all the other crap the NBA has done in the last 25 years.

Stern is threatening "substantial sanctions" for the Spurs resting players.

Think about the stupidity in that statement, and that sums this situation up.

Pop did this last year like three times. Stern did nothing. The fact that he's mad now because the game was on TNT kinda bothers me.

Pop did this last year like three times. Stern did nothing. The fact that he's mad now because the game was on TNT kinda bothers me.

Yeah, but with that crazy schedule last year, you could understand why teams were resting guys all the time... I think San Antonio was playing double headers a few nights last year..
;-)

Everyone plays 4 games in 5 nights on roaders sometimes. The NBA tries to not give teams too many nights off on the road... this has always been the case.

The fact of the matter is whether you like what Pop did or not, it was completely within his right as a head coach. Stern doesn't have a leg to stand on. If Pop had sent Matt Bonner home for a day off, you wouldn't hear a thing. It's only because these are his stars. However, things have to be equal here. If you wouldn't fine Pop for sending bench players home, you can't fine him for sending starters home for a day of rest. Period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom