OT - Do you agree with USC or Not (Kliff Kingsbury) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Do you agree with USC or Not (Kliff Kingsbury)

Clearly Kingsbury needs a new agent, why was he in such a hurry to take the USC job. Total train wreck.
Everybody is so hot for the guy and he pulls a totally unprofessional maneuver like this and they are all going to over look it.

Kraft with a man crush, I can see that.
Or maybe because Kingsbury started his NFL career as a Patriot and has a good relationship with Brady and Belichick and Brady being close friends with Danny Amendola and Amendola being close to Kingsbury.

Kingsbury’s looks have nothing to do with the interest NFL teams have.
Thanks to Sean McVay’s success with the Rams all NFL teams copycat that and want young offensive wizards.
So while Kingsbury’s tenure at Texas Tech was medicore because of his defenses his offenses we were always top notch.

Or maybe because Kingsbury started his NFL career as a Patriot and has a good relationship with Brady and Belichick and Brady being close friends with Danny Amendola and Amendola being close to Kingsbury.

Kingsbury’s looks have nothing to do with the interest NFL teams have.
Thanks to Sean McVay’s success with the Rams all NFL teams copycat that and want young offensive wizards.
So while Kingsbury’s tenure at Texas Tech was medicore because of his defenses his offenses we were always top notch.
If he's so tight with those guys why didn't he send out some feelers to gauge interest before he signed with USC and now makes Lynn Swann look like an incompetent idiot.

If he's so tight with those guys why didn't he send out some feelers to gauge interest before he signed with USC and now makes Lynn Swann look like an incompetent idiot.
Yeah because Bill Belichick is really going to communicate about an opening before it actually opens.
He is only worried about the current season.
Same for McDaniels who could be the. Next Green Bay HC.

Yeah because Bill Belichick is really going to communicate about an opening before it actually opens.
This could cost Swann his job and Helton with him. They have deep pockets over there and they are not going to tolerate looking like fools while their football program languishes.

Clearly Kingsbury needs a new agent, why was he in such a hurry to take the USC job. Total train wreck.

My only thought on that was they said listen our current HC is a lame duck, come in for a year learn the USC culture, suck up to the boosters and we will give you the keys to this football program next year. Why else would he take the job with a coach he knows will be gone next year

McDaniels will be staying in NE since Green Bay is hiring LaFleur.

USC has denied their new OC Kliff Kingsbury to interview for NFL jobs. Do you agree with this? What if this was a Syracuse coordinator (selfishly we know the answer) but would you consider this holding him back?

Sources: USC blocking Kingsbury from NFL talks

The latest is he may now resign, so should have been given the opportunity as you may lose him anyway and have hard feelings and a bad image for future coaching candidates there.

https://deadspin.com/report-kliff-kingsbury-could-resign-as-usc-offensive-c-1831519223

Kingsbury is confused and all over the place he will get a shot based on the rams' coach. he has a system and that's it.

with regard to Arizona, I think if you paired Kingsbury with a legit NFL DC who has proven to be competent at the NFL level and has some experience, say like a Todd Bowles, it's an experiment and risk possibly worth taking. Can't get any worse than the walking corpse they hired a year ago.

The problem is there are so few intriguing candidates and that is why you see Sean McVeigh's yoga instructor and landscaper getting interviews. Adam Gase is getting interviews and was just fired from Miami. It's crazy out there. NFL teams are thinking about taking big swings because of the trends towards more points which doesn't bode well for much of the NFL think tank and hiring Joe Blow coordinator. I still think Mike Leach may be a shot worth taking over Kingsbury, go to the source not the underlings

The funniest thing is, that I think Frank Reich seems to be the best first year HC and he got his job by default more or less. It's crazy
I think Leach's craziness goes over better in college than the Pros. The underlings can take the football knowledge and combine it with a normal personality (or at least as normal as football coaches can be).

How insane is it that a guy that:

1. Went 35-40 as a head coach.
2. Finished 4 out of 6 seasons below .500.
(Only 1 season below .500 in the previous 20 years prior to him taking over.)
3. Had a highest conference finish of 5th (once).
4. Got fired from said University due to performance or lack there of.

And now he’ll be an NFL Head Coach. Not an OC. A flippin’ Head coach. I clearly picked the wrong profession.

And now he’ll be an NFL Head Coach. Not an OC. A flippin’ Head coach. I clearly picked the wrong profession.
got fired from his alma mater no less.

but he's a QB whisperer....with that said Josh Rosen clearly needs him...

Are you as handsome as HeathKliff?

Have to imagine they will be hiring Todd Bowles back as their DC as well and FWIW who can argue with Kliff's body of work at USC, I think it speaks for itself

Bowles is headed to Tampa with Arians most likely

Are you as handsome as HeathKliff?
cats-pajamas-gif.gif

It's kind of weird - Kingsbury gets fired as HC by a middling P5 school, after a 3rd straight losing season, gets hired by USC as OC, buys out the contract, and then is hired as an NFL HC, all within about 45 days...

NFL teams reaching to try and get the next Sean McVay. The cool, young, hip, offensive genius. Not sure this is it for AZ.

I think its a better hire than what all the other crappy NFL franchises had to settle for.

Someone remind me where Patrick Mahomes went to college.

I mean Alsacs is right. NFL teams are all trying to find the next McVay, which IMO is smarter than trying to hire some meathead retread like Jeff Fisher.

Someone remind me where Patrick Mahomes went to college.

I mean Alsacs is right. NFL teams are all trying to find the next McVay, which IMO is smarter than trying to hire some meathead retread like Jeff Fisher.
Agreed. NFL is a parity league and awash in mediocrity, so you have to take an aggressive shot at being great, if you fail, you're just the bottom of the middle.