OT: Don Bosco football star gets expelled over explicit posts on Twitter | Syracusefan.com

OT: Don Bosco football star gets expelled over explicit posts on Twitter

think he ends up at Rutgers now

bet Notre Dame backs off and doubt he was ever really going to Colorado

Brian Kelly is desperate for secondary help... I wonder if this type of personality fits in with the values of the FAMILY?

he was pretty high on colorado actually. My money now would be on rutgers as they'll be the only school that doesn't cut ties with him.

young adults can and will do stupid and impulsive things. maybe the kid learned his lesson and might be a better recruit than some who have not yet.

young adults can and will do stupid and impulsive things. maybe the kid learned his lesson and might be a better recruit than some who have not yet.
absolutely. his coach said he's a good kid and I don't doubt that. Increibly stupid and immature thing to do though and it likely is having the repercussions of limiting his formerly wide open array of options of schools to attend.

For all I know he may have gone there anyway given Schiano's sales skills - but now I think he definitely ends up signing with Rutgers.

absolutely. his coach said he's a good kid and I don't doubt that. Increibly stupid and immature thing to do though and it likely is having the repercussions of limiting his formerly wide open array of options of schools to attend.

For all I know he may have gone there anyway given Schiano's sales skills - but now I think he definitely ends up signing with Rutgers.

17 year old kids do stupid things and him quoting a rapper he likes and tweeting it was dumb. It was down to RU and ND for him before this anyway. Many feel that if Rutgers is able to reel in fellow Don Bosco 5 star Darius Hamilton(former Giant Keith Hamiltons son and #1 recruit in NJ) Yuri would be likely to follow...

ND will cut ties with him as well but I agree kids do stupid all the time, won't be the first or the last

17 year old kids do stupid things and him quoting a rapper he likes and tweeting it was dumb. It was down to RU and ND for him before this anyway. Many feel that if Rutgers is able to reel in fellow Don Bosco 5 star Darius Hamilton(former Giant Keith Hamiltons son and #1 recruit in NJ) Yuri would be likely to follow...
He wasn't quoting a rapper. He was given numerous warnings by both Bosco and the Michigan staff. He's no Will Hill but he's up there.

Mike Farrell is reporting two new teams reached out to Yuri to begin recruiting him last night due to other schools backing off. I hope that Syracuse was one of them. We need a corner like Yuri.

Mike Farrell is reporting two new teams reached out to Yuri to begin recruiting him last night due to other schools backing off. I hope that Syracuse was one of them. We need a corner like Yuri.
The kid was EXPELLED from school after being warned numerous times to stop... So clearly nothing about him changed, which really shows what his thoughts are on authority. This kid's got red flag written all over him. I'd much rather take Whigham and Morgan

The kid was EXPELLED from school after being warned numerous times to stop... So clearly nothing about him changed, which really shows what his thoughts are on authority. This kid's got red flag written all over him. I'd much rather take Whigham and Morgan

Have you seen the tweets of some of our recruits the past few years and even our players? That would include tweets on sex and drugs. Didn't see this kids tweets so they must have been much much worse, but we've recruited several kids that aren't twitter angels.

I thought he was going to end up at Rutgers regardless. No real reason just my gut feeling on him.

Would love every other school to back off and Syracuse to swoop in. Kid can play, and while he did something dumb, it wasn't something illegal and dumb.

As a Cuse fan I can't give Broyld and others the "young and dumb" pass and not extend it to other kids as well.

edit- perhaps him being repeatedly warned and ignoring that puts him in a bit different class but still

Warning Soap Box alert:

Maybe he was just exercising his right to say whatever the F&*^ he wants. And why is it that Don Bosco feels they have the right to censor something that is clearly not connected to the school, other than he's a student there. If he is tweeting, writing, rapping, blogging, painting, singing or whatever other way he wants to express himself, he has a right to do it...

How would you feel if Syracuse saw a tweet of yours and said no more tweeting that content or we will expel you? Would you stop? You shouldn't have to...

Off the soap box now...:)

I thought he was going to end up at Rutgers regardless. No real reason just my guy feeling on him.
Big UMich lean. would have been there if they didnt pull his ship.

Warning Soap Box alert:

Maybe he was just exercising his right to say whatever the F&*^ he wants. And why is it that Don Bosco feels they have the right to censor something that is clearly not connected to the school, other than he's a student there. If he is tweeting, writing, rapping, blogging, painting, singing or whatever other way he wants to express himself, he has a right to do it...

How would you feel if Syracuse saw a tweet of yours and said no more tweeting that content or we will expel you? Would you stop? You shouldn't have to...

I would absolutely stop. I keep my twitter clean because i know prospective employers may look at it. I keep swearing to a minimum, and i dont tweet about "wanting p*ssy". if I was an athlete and was told by a school offering a scholarship to stop or I lose the ship, I would stop.

I would absolutely stop. I keep my twitter clean because i know prospective employers may look at it. I keep swearing to a minimum, and i dont tweet about "wanting p*ssy". if I was an athlete and was told by a school offering a scholarship to stop or I lose the ship, I would stop.

You'd make a bad 1960's type radical...:)

Warning Soap Box alert:

You do realize Don Bosco is a private, Catholic school, right? I would be willing to bet that they have a code of conduct that governs behavior inside and outside of school. If it was a public school, I would agree that they don't have a right to censor.

You do realize Don Bosco is a private, Catholic school, right? I would be willing to bet that they have a code of conduct that governs behavior inside and outside of school. If it was a public school, I would agree that they don't have a right to censor.
(Insert ty 90's wrestling joke here)

01.jpg

Yes, I do realize that Don Bosco is a private catholic school, I also went to one of those private catholic schools...

BNoro's post was about it being a red flag that he was expelled and it reflects on his lack of respect for authority. IMHO that's not the only thing it reflects. Just pointing out that some people in this world actually value that right to free speech...

And don't get me started on how a school, whether public or private, can govern conduct OUTSIDE of school thats not illegal conduct...I'm feeling fiesty today must have had too much coffee :)

Just pointing out that some people in this world actually value that right to free speech...
Pertains only to governmental action. Has no bearing on this case. You can not reasonably infer anything about a person's attitude on Free Speech based on this situation.

Yes, I do realize that Don Bosco is a private catholic school, I also went to one of those private catholic schools...

BNoro's post was about it being a red flag that he was expelled and it reflects on his lack of respect for authority. IMHO that's not the only thing it reflects. Just pointing out that some people in this world actually value that right to free speech...

And don't get me started on how a school, whether public or private, can govern conduct OUTSIDE of school thats not illegal conduct...I'm feeling fiesty today must have had too much coffee :)

Given that it is not a right to attend a private school, rather a privilege granted by the school, they have every right to rescind that privilege based on the conduct of its students, whether inside or outside of school. Whether or not they choose to exercise that right is another story.

As for the value of the right to free speech, his right to freedom of speech has not been restricted. He's still free to say/post whatever he wants (so long as it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others, of course). I have the right to say whatever I want to my boss. He also has the right to fire me for what I may say if it is detrimental to the company.

Isn't Viscosity a private school? Buff said.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk