Class of 2023 - OT/DT Naquil Betrand (PA / MD) Portal from Texas A&M to Bama | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OT/DT Naquil Betrand (PA / MD) Portal from Texas A&M to Bama

I know the rating is there but I honestly like the kid we got from Wisconsin last year more. Schuster?(sp)

I don’t expect him to pick Syracuse at all but him wearing the 0 is interesting if we offered as a DLineman.

Guess Texas doesn't have enough quality lineman for ATM

We’ll get him on the rebound.

Yup.

There’ll recruit over him, and he’ll realize that the NIL $ sounds great, but he’d rather be on the field making plays and making a difference.

Yup.

There’ll recruit over him, and he’ll realize that the NIL $ sounds great, but he’d rather be on the field making plays and making a difference.

kind of the way I expect it to go. And if our staff is still in tact I would expect us to be in a great spot. its just going to be damn tough to be a starter there in 2-3 years. Maybe he can but who knows. The $ is nothing for these type programs

kind of the way I expect it to go. And if our staff is still in tact I would expect us to be in a great spot. its just going to be damn tough to be a starter there in 2-3 years. Maybe he can but who knows. The $ is nothing for these type programs
Both ironic and sad to see the A&M lineman collective directly affect us now. Since it’s been specifically discussed pretty heavily in the NiL thread.

Yup.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the future with regards to earning money and playing time. I can definitely see kids getting paid and then not working hard, because why. Pretty common and easy to get lazy and kids are too short sighted.

I hate the idea of using money to entice recruits who've never had to work for it and earn it on the field. Wouldn't hurt to see an NIL stipulation the that you have to be in school a full year before you can earn any NIL money.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the future with regards to earning money and playing time. I can definitely see kids getting paid and then not working hard, because why. Pretty common and easy to get lazy and kids are too short sighted.

I hate the idea of using money to entice recruits who've never had to work for it and earn it on the field. Wouldn't hurt to see an NIL stipulation the that you have to be in school a full year before you can earn any NIL money.
I see a twist on this which is pretty dark. NIL money is given, player doesn’t develop as expected (reason is not relevant at this point) and seeks to transfer for opportunities elsewhere. Those who gave the money cry foul that they shouldn’t be allowed to do this after they were already “paid.” Now it’s a potential ownership/property issue (perception, at least for now) and this opens up a huge can of worms which the idea behind NIL was supposed to solve. This is a multi-layered issue as well and could get very ugly…
(If this was brought up elsewhere, I apologize)

I see a twist on this which is pretty dark. NIL money is given, player doesn’t develop as expected (reason is not relevant at this point) and seeks to transfer for opportunities elsewhere. Those who gave the money cry foul that they shouldn’t be allowed to do this after they were already “paid.” Now it’s a potential ownership/property issue (perception, at least for now) and this opens up a huge can of worms which the idea behind NIL was supposed to solve. This is a multi-layered issue as well and could get very ugly…

This already has kind of happened -- with that Ohio State QB who was the generational prospect who graduated early / reclassified to go to OSU, allegedly got $1M in NIL money, and then left after the fall semester to transfer back home to UT.

One of the boosters who gave the kid a lot of money bit<hed about wanting it back, but what recourse does he have? The booster is the dipshiz who gave the kid the money -- so too bad for him.

Love the idea about being in school for a year but no way it would fly legally. The supreme court cases indicate that it can't be regulated at all, even if the NCAA tried to make it a condition of membership in a private organization. It's strictly between players and the third-party bozos who want to pay them. (I approve of merchandising deals, that is textbook NIL, but the collectives thing is just grown men being losers.)

NIL does not constitute an employment contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom