OT: Duke vs Pittsburgh @ the Pete predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Duke vs Pittsburgh @ the Pete predictions

Orangeyes said:
Not to give Duke an excuse but K wasn't himself during that bad stretch they had. For any one who has lost a loved one what K says is so true. Next Saturday's Duke-Syracuse game is going to be a dog fight. “We haven’t been at our best since the start of conference, and I haven’t been at my best since Christmas. That’s my responsibility,” he said, alluding to the Dec. 26 death of his older brother, Bill. “We were there tonight, and we were collectively together tonight for the first time in a couple of weeks. It was my responsibility that we weren’t as much as we should have. But today we were.” After every question he fielded, save a specific one about defending Joe Harris on Virginia’s final play, Krzyzewski laid blame on himself, even when none was implied. “I’m not saying we will platoon like that all the time, but we are going to play more guys. Again, I’ve had to get more observant with my team. I take responsibility, full responsibility, for those first three games,” he said, referring to the win against Georgia Tech and losses at Notre Dame and Clemson. “We’ve been playing hard,” he said. “I got knocked back right after Christmas. And I’ve been knocked back for a couple of weeks. It’s on me, not on my team. So what we have been doing, to me, doesn’t make a damn bit of difference. It’s on me. What we will be doing, that will be on all of us. Today is on all of us. Win or lose. We’re all in today. That’s the way it is. “Look, we’re human beings. And human beings have setbacks.' The News & Observer

Damn you almost have me cheering for him now.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd like to see pitt take this one but my gut says duke wins. either way an eastern 1 seed rival takes the L.

images
and this
how-a-jewish-inmate-survived-in-a-prison-filled-with-neo-nazis.jpg

But in the end
Inmate%20Visitation.jpg
escapes with the win.

I am really looking forward to this game.

On the one hand, a Pitt loss is probably better for us in the ACC standings at this point. On the other hand, a Duke loss may be better for us in the long term standings and seedings/bracket placement. On the third hand, Pitt winning would be a nice statement for the new ACC teams. On the fourth hand, I am actually one of the few around here who likes Duke.

I think I am just going to root for a great basketball game!

I have to take Pitt at The Pete. It will be a close game, let's say 67-63. I would love a Duke win though since we still have to go to The Pete. Duke is going to get manhandled on the glass.

Duke has trouble beating good teams on the road - - Pitt has a huge home court advantage at the Pete.

Duke has trouble rebounding - - Pitt is by far the best rebounding team in the ACC.

Duke's interior defense is bad - - Pitt has the best scoring center in the ACC, and is the best interior passing team in the ACC.

Duke's only chance in this game is to go crazy from 3, or get every single call.

This is one of those games where somebody is going to lose, and so long as Syracuse wins they benefit.

I just don't want to see the officials give Duke more calls than usual, because if Pitt gets that kind of treatment from the refs, Syracuse probably will too.

If this game gets to the 70s+ it favors Duke. Pitt wants this lower scoring.

I'll go Pitt 55 Duke 54.

I'll take Pitt in this one. That place is going to be even crazier than it normally is. Just like the dome will be nuts on Saturday. I think Duke goes 0-2 this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom