OT: ESPN+ Question | Syracusefan.com

OT: ESPN+ Question

rocfan44

All Conference
Will bars and restaurants be able to show this game since it is streaming? Just curious how this effects them.

Will bars and restaurants be able to show this game since it is streaming? Just curious how this effects them.
I've seen bars project it up on some of their screens. It doesn't always look the prettiest, but it does the job. If you're in Rochester, I'm sure you can find a dedicated Cuse bar with a good feed or maybe even on demand.

If you have a streaming device (AppleTV, Roku, FireStick, etc.) and don’t want to pay for ESPN+, just sign up for the free trial on Thursday/Friday before the game and cancel on the following Monday.

If you have a streaming device (AppleTV, Roku, FireStick, etc.) and don’t want to pay for ESPN+, just sign up for the free trial on Thursday/Friday before the game and cancel on the following Monday.

I've seen bars project it up on some of their screens. It doesn't always look the prettiest, but it does the job. If you're in Rochester, I'm sure you can find a dedicated Cuse bar with a good feed or maybe even on demand.
Thanks. I actually like to come to Syracuse from Rochester on game days. Just find it’s worth the time and better experience than Rochester.

Yeah I already subscribe and have Apple TV. Just would like to watch the opener somewhere other than home.

Yeah I already subscribe and have Apple TV. Just would like to watch the opener somewhere other than home.

rocfan, just so I understand - if I have Apple TV, will that automatically enable ESPN+? Or will I have to subscribe to the latter?

rocfan, just so I understand - if I have Apple TV, will that automatically enable ESPN+? Or will I have to subscribe to the latter?
No you have to subscribe to ESPN+. It’s 4.99/ month and it’s actually worth the money.

So I’ve googled espn + free trial with this idea in mind, but cannot seem to find the free trial offer? My only option appears to be to pay the $5 which obviously isn’t prohibitive but would be nice to get the trial considering I only want it for this Liberty game. Any guidance or a link would be much appreciated.

So I’ve googled espn + free trial with this idea in mind, but cannot seem to find the free trial offer? My only option appears to be to pay the $5 which obviously isn’t prohibitive but would be nice to get the trial considering I only want it for this Liberty game. Any guidance or a link would be much appreciated.
Try this

Thank you. I appreciate the link. Unfortunately the “start your 7 day trial” button doesn’t come up on the ‘splash page’ just the option to sign up. Oh well the $5 won’t kill me. Thanks again!

Thank you. I appreciate the link. Unfortunately the “start your 7 day trial” button doesn’t come up on the ‘splash page’ just the option to sign up. Oh well the $5 won’t kill me. Thanks again!
Google some more. That post was from last year. There must be a recent/active link out there somewhere...

Maybe they don't do free trials during football season? I know there was a 7 day free trial offer during the summer.

ESPNPlus.png

Bars have to pay a premium to show sports content.

If you enjoy the bar experience,(being waited on, etc,) you need to contact the bar. Big fan, myself.

They can pay a couple grand to broadcast that channel.(my limited understanding, from bar owning friends) By all means. Support your local bar. They're paying for the priviledge of waiting on you. It's more fun with more fans.

But yeah. They shakedown the bars, for sports content. Many years I've supported bars that shelled out that cash, to get my football fix.

I've had numerous bars switch to Cuse content because I knew they paid. Most pay through the nose for major networks, espn, etc... some pay more to get you there. I think espn+ costs each bar 1300 a year. Check. Little guys will broadcast til they're faced with a 50 grand lawsuit.

Get your stream game on. Support your favorite local bar, that offers it. You're not just paying for wings and beer. ³

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom