OT: ESPN to air video of Mike Rice throwing basketballs at players’ heads | Syracusefan.com

OT: ESPN to air video of Mike Rice throwing basketballs at players’ heads

They just showed some of the clips that will be airing on Outside The Lines today in a few minutes. The clips include Rice literally kicking guys in the butt.

The OTL segment was crazy...the clips have Rice grabbing and pushing players, firing basketballs at their heads...calling players f@@gots and fairies, etc.

How does Rice still have a job?

Terrible stuff in that video. Mike Rice isn't even a good coach anyway. Don't get why they didn't just fire him.

I revel in Rutgers' misfortune, and think Mike Rice is a clown of the highest magnitude, but isn't this old news?

Not looking to defend that program in any way, but why release those tapes now? He already got suspended, had to take anger management, etc. He did the "time" already for this. Old news.

Pernetti said they penalized Rice for a first offense? First offense? Pernetti admitted he had seen all the footage. Hours of footage. What?

I revel in Rutgers' misfortune, and think Mike Rice is a clown of the highest magnitude, but isn't this old news?

Not looking to defend that program in any way, but why release those tapes now? He already got suspended, had to take anger management, etc. He did the "time" already for this. Old news.

I disagree. We did not know the extent of his antics. This was abusive behavior. Did you see the clips? They make Bobby Knight look like a choir boy and the clips are from two seasons.

rf, I just am glad that we are out of the line of fire for a change.

I disagree. We did not know the extent of his antics. This was abusive behavior. Did you see the clips? They make Bobby Knight look like a choir boy and the clips are from two seasons.
Keep in mind, he is calling these players f*** at a school that had a student kill himself because of being exposed as gay.

The taped material was brought to the attention of Rutgers and now ESPN by former Scarlet Knights director of player development, Eric Murdock — according to one of the individuals.

Murdock, whose contract was not renewed after the 2011-12 season, promised to release the tapes of Rice's treatment of players if the university did not compensate him.When reached in December, Murdock did not provide further details citing that "there are some legal things going on," in regards to himself and Rutgers. Murdock has reportedly threatened a lawsuit for unlawful termination, but a search of public records showed no such lawsuit has currently been filed.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2013/04/espn_rutgers_mike_rice_tape.html#incart_river

I know that rice received a vote of confidence but I don't see how he survives this.

Have you seen the tapes yet? He kind of makes Bobby Knight look like an altar boy. And ESPN reports that there are 100s of hours of evidence and repeated incidents.

Got to give Pernetti credit for going on the show and answering the questions that were thrown at him.

Thank God for E$PN in providing us the ethical references for which we can all strive! Without E$PN, how would we know right from wrong? Thank you E$PN!

He threw a few basketballs and has a potty mouth. Oh the humanity! What a mouth-watering scandal the mothership has in this one! Milk it, Disney! Witch hunt! Get him! Tune in! Cha-ching!

So now we know why Rutgers' team sucks. We're through the looking glass people.

if-you-can-dodge-a-wrench-you-can-dodge-a-ball_1297.gif

Thank God for E$PN in providing us the ethical references for which we can all strive! Without E$PN, how would we know right from wrong? Thank you E$PN!

He threw a few basketballs and has a potty mouth. Oh the humanity! What a mouth-watering scandal the mothership has in this one! Milk it, Disney! Witch hunt! Get him! Tune in! Cha-ching!

seriously dude?