OT: ESPN to air video of Mike Rice throwing basketballs at players’ heads | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: ESPN to air video of Mike Rice throwing basketballs at players’ heads

ESPoliceN should cover sports. Not be sports' version of TMZ.

If this guy should be fired, then that should be the decision of Rutgers. Not ESPN.

you dont think a coach's actions towards players is sports news?

Listen, I know you're upset about the BF thing, we all are.. but this is different. this is sports news. I have no problem with ESPN running with this.

ESPoliceN should cover sports. Not be sports' version of TMZ.

If this guy should be fired, then that should be the decision of Rutgers. Not ESPN.

I don't follow you - the decision of whether or not to fire Mike Rice is completely up to Rutgers.

Thank God for E$PN in providing us the ethical references for which we can all strive! Without E$PN, how would we know right from wrong? Thank you E$PN!

He threw a few basketballs and has a potty mouth. Oh the humanity! What a mouth-watering scandal the mothership has in this one! Milk it, Disney! Witch hunt! Get him! Tune in! Cha-ching!

She's a witch! She's a witch! See if she weighs more than a duck!

I'm not sure people realize how big a deal this will be.

Mike Rice should clean out his office tonight.
But it's entirely likely Rutgers will need a new coach AND a new AD.
And this could even hit the school president.
The worst thing here may wind up being the gay slur...given the incident at Rutgers last year in which a gay student committed suicide by jumping off the GW Bridge.

Great work by ESPN getting the video.

you dont think a coach's actions towards players is sports news?

Listen, I know you're upset about the BF thing, we all are.. but this is different. this is sports news. I have no problem with ESPN running with this.

It's not sports news.

Rice certainly toes the line of inappropriateness and I hate his style and wouldn't want him coaching Syracuse or my kids or me. But I don't think he did anything specifically in that video that is truly a fireable offense and worthy of a big $candalous $tory that you know ESPN is trying to push it to be.

It's not sports news.

Rice certainly toes the line of inappropriateness and I hate his style and wouldn't want him coaching Syracuse or my kids or me. But I don't think he did anything specifically in that video that is truly a fireable offense and worthy of a big $candalous $tory that you know ESPN is trying to push it to be.

We should prolly just agree to disagree lol

Jacey Zembal@JaceyZembal13m
Rutgers soph PG Jerome Seagears (@SEAGEARS_MADE) will be departing the program and have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

It's not sports news.

So it's OK to push your kids repeatedly, fire balls at their heads, and call them f***ots? That's OK? Seems to me he saw the line of inappropriateness and did a 5K past it. What year is it in your world? This behavior is not OK. Ever. If you need to coach your kids by bullying them, maybe you should find yourself another job. And hopefully, Rutgers will come to that same conclusion, especially after their brush-it-under-the-rug 'punishment'.

So it's OK to push your kids repeatedly, fire balls at their heads, and call them f***ots? That's OK? Seems to me he saw the line of inappropriateness and did a 5K past it. What year is it in your world? This behavior is not OK. Ever. If you need to coach your kids by bullying them, maybe you should find yourself another job. And hopefully, Rutgers will come to that same conclusion, especially after their brush-it-under-the-rug 'punishment'.

Which part of "I hate his style and wouldn't want him coaching Syracuse or my kids or me" and "Rice is a dope" do you not understand?

Wow, this guys picture is in the dictionary next to .

Mike Rice is a state employee. The Governor of said state, Chris Christie, has already issued a statement "deploring" the tape.
Defending this behavior, either overtly or implicitly, is absolutely mind-boggling. :crazy:
He was wrong and so was the AD. They should BOTH get canned, any rationalizations notwithstanding.

"But I don't think he did anything specifically in that video that is truly a fireable offense "

prolly that part

Right. If you isolate each one of those incidences in the video, does he get fired on one alone? I really doubt it.

Which part of "I hate his style and wouldn't want him coaching Syracuse or my kids or me" and "Rice is a dope" do you not understand?
Which part of "toes the line of inappropriateness ... But I don't think he did anything specifically in that video that is truly a fireable offense" do you not understand? Do you really think that someone working in an office would not be fired for that behavior?

Which part of "toes the line of inappropriateness ... But I don't think he did anything specifically in that video that is truly a fireable offense" do you not understand? Do you really think that someone working in an office would not be fired for that behavior?

He's not working in an office. He's a basketball coach with a bad style of coaching that has worked for him in the past.

Regardless, people are getting confused. I'm not defending Rice as much as I'm pointing out ESPN's stupidity. Stick to sports. Leave the holier-than-thou judgments and witch hunts to someone else.

Right. If you isolate each one of those incidences in the video, does he get fired on one alone? I really doubt it.

But, rationally you don't isolate them. He has shown a history of this abuse.

He's not working in an office. He's a basketball coach with a bad style of coaching that has worked for him in the past.

Regardless, people are getting confused. I'm not defending Rice as much as I'm pointing out ESPN's stupidity. Stick to sports. Leave the holier-than-thou judgments and witch hunts to someone else.
Just going by what you said. If you put it out there, you have to be willing to take some heat. Just to be clear, you think that it's not OK in an office, but it's OK in an environment where you are in charge of young men?

ON, I've never considered you an unreasonable poster before, but you're just not in the stratosphere of being level-headed on this particular topic.

It made the NBC Nightly news tonight.

If Rutgers ever makes the Final Four again, I doubt Mike Rice's former players will be in the stands, cheering them on

Disagree...calling a player faggot will get you fired.

Just going by what you said. If you put it out there, you have to be willing to take some heat. Just to be clear, you think that it's not OK in an office, but it's OK in an environment where you are in charge of young men?

I'm fine with taking heat as long as people are understanding my point.

When did I say it was 'ok'? Your office analogy is a really bad one. Not all environments are the same. You do realize even Boeheim yells at his players, right? Would that be appropriate in an office?