ot: fantasy football.. | Syracusefan.com

ot: fantasy football..

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
..drives me absolutely nuts. Seriously, this stuff gets under my skin so much it's crazy. ighjrgnbelgbehbfyuweqbufyov3qg

Just need a place to rant and vent.. carry on.

i'm 3-0 in my bar league, and pretty much messed on my other two.

Anything in particular driving you nuts? lol

Try having to play Sam Bradford because Rodgers was on bye and your in a two QB league, did I mention I had Tavon Austin as well. To top it off I have San Frans D in another league and forgot to start them.

It's driving me nuts as well. I loved my trade of Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore for Shady McCoy and Vincent Jackson at the time because I had Colin Kaepernick as my backup QB and I needed help at RB and WR.

But obviously Kaep has struggled a bit. It's been rough. Thankfully he bounced back a LITTLE this week. Of course watching the games, it's clearly not his fault. He has the crappiest receivers since McNabb was throwing to Thrash and Stinkston.

Try having to play Sam Bradford because Rodgers was on bye and your in a two QB league, did I mention I had Tavon Austin as well. To top it off I have San Frans D in another league and forgot to start them.

I got lucky with Rodgers, I'm able to put Luck in.

I wanna punch MJD in the nuts, and Amendola is killing me

My league is tough. One of the guys in it (our commish) writes fantasy stuff on ESPN.com. We are a keeper league and have individual defensive players. We play all 17 weeks and if you make the playoffs, you draft a whole new team made up of players in the NFL playoffs...and then highest cumulative score through the Super Bowl wins.

I'm 2-1 this year; lost in week two by one point. I'm going to get smashed this week. Cam's on a bye and I'm playing a juggernaut.

I also wanna punch MJD in the nuts but his line, QB and whole team blows. I've been playing Danny Woodhead over him (it's a PPR league).

LOL we have like the same team in one of my leagues, I have Amendola and MJD as well but based on there injury history's I drafted a lot of depth behind Amendola and took MJD as my third back.

I started 2-0 with the 2nd highest point total in the league. Then got crushed week 3 and will absolutely lose week 4 because four of my top guys are on their bye week.

Oh and traded frank gore for two scrubs because I panicked right when San Francisco decides to make him a bigger part of their offense.

F me.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I had Austin in one league, and D. Richardson in another last night. Decided at 8pm to put both of them in, mostly after hearing the news Pead was sitting. Just an awful decision. F the Rams offense. Schottenheimer is seriously trash.

2-1 in the league with D. Rich, 0-3 in the league with Austin.

The league I am 0-3 in I have a solid squad, both ten team leagues. My first four picks were Spiller, Charles, D. Thomas, and Roddy White. Spiller and Roddy have been killing me, and I also have Bowe and Ridley who have been subpar to say the least.

You cannot tell me that a team consisting of those players I just mentioned, with Rg3/Romo at Qb, Jordan Cameron/Jared Cook at TE, and Giovanni Bernard/Brian Hartline on the bench should be 0-3. Fantasy literally makes me go mad.

Seriously though, no way playing D.Rich wasn't the correct move- backup running back sidelined, 4 starters on the 49ers suspect defense out of the game, home game against a division rival in a must-win. Perfect example of the luck element of fantasy. Much more luck is involved than skill.

This is my first year doing it, and it is driving me a bit crazy. Just joined a random league on NFL.com. My team should be very solid, I'm 2-1. In the third week the NFL.com projections had me winning by 25, and I lost by 10 to a team that I'm pretty sure hasn't even looked at their lineup since the draft. My main disappointment is my starting backs are Arian Foster and Chris Johnson, who have done little, but I don't have anything reliably better. As long as they are getting carries I guess I just have to stick with them and ride my receivers which are pretty stout (Welker, Randall Cobb, Boldin, Reggie Wayne and Stevie Johnson).

I'm willing to part with a receiver or two for a running back, but really, it doesn't seem worth it. With that lineup, I should be able to get through byes or injuries with good production from my WR/Flex position all year. If I trade a couple away for a RB, I'm not going to get anyone that elite, and I'm an injury away from having mediocre WR production as well as RB production.

Honestly, in retrospect, I'm not sure it was worth going with the advice to take RBs first and pick up a good quarterback later. I got Ryan and Stafford late, and they're good for 20 pts a week, but I should have just grabbed Manning, Rodgers or Brees #1, guys that can put up 30+ pts. What the hells the difference whether number one picks like Arian Foster or CJ Spiller are putting up 6 pts, or Rashard Mendenhall is putting up 4 pts?

The week I lost, I literally had every player in NFL.com's "Start them or Sit Them" start of the week except for one, and that was still a "Start em". And I finished 35 pts under my projection.

It's just another form of gambling, lol.

Am I the only person who is a huge sports fan but hates fantasy sports? Like I never play them, never found them to be fun.

This is my first year doing it, and it is driving me a bit crazy. Just joined a random league on NFL.com. My team should be very solid, I'm 2-1. In the third week the NFL.com projections had me winning by 25, and I lost by 10 to a team that I'm pretty sure hasn't even looked at their lineup since the draft. My main disappointment is my starting backs are Arian Foster and Chris Johnson, who have done little, but I don't have anything reliably better. As long as they are getting carries I guess I just have to stick with them and ride my receivers which are pretty stout (Welker, Randall Cobb, Boldin, Reggie Wayne and Stevie Johnson).

I'm willing to part with a receiver or two for a running back, but really, it doesn't seem worth it. With that lineup, I should be able to get through byes or injuries with good production from my WR/Flex position all year. If I trade a couple away for a RB, I'm not going to get anyone that elite, and I'm an injury away from having mediocre WR production as well as RB production.

Honestly, in retrospect, I'm not sure it was worth going with the advice to take RBs first and pick up a good quarterback later. I got Ryan and Stafford late, and they're good for 20 pts a week, but I should have just grabbed Manning, Rodgers or Brees #1, guys that can put up 30+ pts. What the hells the difference whether number one picks like Arian Foster or CJ Spiller are putting up 6 pts, or Rashard Mendenhall is putting up 4 pts?

The difference is guys like Spiller and Foster can singlehanded win you weeks.

The week I lost, I literally had every player in NFL.com's "Start them or Sit Them" start of the week except for one, and that was still a "Start em". And I finished 35 pts under my projection.

It's just another form of gambling, lol.

There is actually more luck in fantasy football, IMO. In poker, at least you had the ability to bluff for a win. In fantasy, you put players out there, and it's a crapshoot who has big games.

It's driving me nuts as well. I loved my trade of Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore for Shady McCoy and Vincent Jackson at the time because I had Colin Kaepernick as my backup QB and I needed help at RB and WR.

But obviously Kaep has struggled a bit. It's been rough. Thankfully he bounced back a LITTLE this week. Of course watching the games, it's clearly not his fault. He has the crappiest receivers since McNabb was throwing to Thrash and Stinkston.

I have Kaep in one of my leagues and although he had a decent game last night, after watching him, I am just not sold on him, not too mention I'm struggling in that one. Fortunately, in my other league which I have Peyton, AJ Green, Shady and Desean as my top players, I am running through the league so far 3-0. Everyone jumped on me for taking McCoy over Foster with the 3rd pick. Things could change, but it seems I made a good decision so far as long as I don't get his with injuries.

I have Kaep in one of my leagues and although he had a decent game last night, after watching him, I am just not sold on him, not too mention I'm struggling in that one. Fortunately, in my other league which I have Peyton, AJ Green, Shady and Desean as my top players, I am running through the league so far 3-0. Everyone jumped on me for taking McCoy over Foster with the 3rd pick. Things could change, but it seems I made a good decision so far as long as I don't get his with injuries.
See, I'm in a similar boat but still, I really do blame Kaep's supporting cast more than him. He's clearly super talented. I probably should have looked more at his receivers before dealing Rodgers.

Am I the only person who is a huge sports fan but hates fantasy sports? Like I never play them, never found them to be fun.

I used to run multiple NFL fantasy teams but this is my first year not and i don't miss it. I also couldn't tell you much about what's going on in the nfl as result.

I'm all about the syracusefan.com EPL league though.

This is my second season playing. First season I had the third most points yet ended up with only 4 wins. It was maddening how every week I seemed to play against someone who had one or two players with record breaking games.

This season I am 3-0 and have over a 100 point differential over the in 2nd place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

How excited am I to watch Jimmy Graham go off tonight to take my team down? I'm currently up 13. Thank God I had Tavon Austin in there :eek:

0-4 here I come!!

How excited am I to watch Jimmy Graham go off tonight to take my team down? I'm currently up 13. Thank God I had Tavon Austin in there :eek:

0-4 here I come!!
I'm down 19 and have Sproles and Sturgis. Got a chance, don't feel great about it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm down 19 and have Sproles and Sturgis. Got a chance, don't feel great about it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'd be up more if I had Bowe in over Austin and Romo over Rg3. If I made those moves, I'd be up ~30 instead. Obviously, hindsight is 20-20 and that's what makes this game so frustrating.

Won my matchup in my main league on that last bomb to Julio Jones last night. Had no business winning, but I'll take it.

0-4 here I come!!
That's funny. I have Jimmy Graham and after opening my big yap about doing well this season I completely tanked this weekend. I need Jimmy Graham to get me 20 pts tonight.