OT- Favorite NES game | Syracusefan.com

OT- Favorite NES game

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
In lieu of the discussion of tecmo superbowl on the football recruiting board, I got to thinking.. what is everyones favorite NES game? I was quite fond of Ice Hockey and The Legend of Zelda. Two solid entertaining games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_Master

The plot was story-boarded and adapted by Richard Robbins of Sunsoft USA for the Western release. (Blaster Master) is shown at the beginning in a cinematic slideshow as ominous music plays in the background.[2] The game starts with a person named Jason who has a pet frog named Fred who, one day, decides to leap out of his fish bowl and out the door. Fred then touches a radioactive chest, and he grows to an emormous size; Fred and the chest then fall into a hole in the earth.[3] Jason chases Fred down the hole, which leads to a large underground cavern.[3][4] While most sources say that Jason chased Fred down the hole, the game's instruction manual says that Jason fell into the hole while trying to reach for Fred.[3] There, he finds an armored tank named SOPHIA THE 3RD – a vehicle designed to battle radioactive mutants that live inside the earth.[3][4] Jason mounts SOPHIA to find the whereabouts of Fred and to destroy the mutants and their leader – the Plutonium Boss. The opening sequence has been described as "one of the great scenes in all of video games".[2][5]

In lieu of the discussion of tecmo superbowl on the football recruiting board, I got to thinking.. what is everyones favorite NES game? I was quite fond of Ice Hockey and The Legend of Zelda. Two solid entertaining games

Duck hunt was the crack of NES games, could play that for hours. So many games but I am struggling to recall them all. John Elways QB, The NBA game that had the famous Knicks announcer (drawing a blank on his name) FROM DOWNTOWN, YESSS. God theres no many Ninja Turtles had an epic Nintendo game and many others I just cant recall.

I still have my Duck Hunt gun ;). Some of my favs were Contra, Double Dribble, and the greatest of all time Tecmo Bowl aka Bo Jackson's greatest hits lol.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Legend of Zelda
Blades of Steel- used to have sleepover tournaments playing this game all night
Super Mario 3
River City Ransom
Castlevania III

Blades of Steel - Loved that game more than I can begin to describe.
Baseball Simulator 1.000
and obviously Tecmo Bowl

Baseball Stars

baseball_stars.gif

Both very good.

Also liked

Metroid
RC Pro Am
Tyson's Punch Out
Original Super Mario
Contra
Pro Wrestling
Kid Icarus
and of course, Super Tecmo Bowl

Go to this website to play them. Although it's hard using the keyboard vs the old controller.

http://nintendo8.com/toplist/more/

Both very good.

Also liked

Metroid
RC Pro Am
Tyson's Punch Out
Original Super Mario
Contra
Pro Wrestling
Kid Icarus
and of course, Super Tecmo Bowl

Go to this website to play them. Although it's hard using the keyboard vs the old controller.

http://nintendo8.com/toplist/more/

Holy cow, RC Pro Am. I played the heck out of that game.

I really dont remember alot of the NES games... Duck hunt and Mario were always a favorite. I think I had pro wrestling. Guerrilla War, Excite bike!

My top 5 games on NES.
1. Legend of Zelda.
2. Tecmo Superbowl
3. Any Megaman 1-6 (though Megaman 2 and 3 were the best in the series on NES IMO)
4. Super Mario 2 or 3
5. Contra

Honorable mention: Ducktales, Tetris, Mike Tyson's Punchout,

Such a shame to not have corresponding Sega Genesis and SNES threads.

1. Megaman
2. TechmoBowl
3. Contra
4. Blades of Steel
5. Baseball Stars.

So many late nights and good times.

Honourable mention is the Tetris on Gameboy, my roommates and I played it on the crapper, usually a marathon session followed by a faceplant due to both legs falling asleep.

Oh man!,...I liked so many titles from the NES.

Tecmo Bowl
Super Mario Bros. (all of them)
Ninja Gaiden >>personal favorite
Castlevania (I actually like part 2)
Bases Loaded
Kid Icarus
Battletoads
Metal Storm
Blades of Steel
Super Contra
Contra
Double Dragon
Excitebike
Galaga
Metroid
Gauntlet
Silkworm
Gradius
Heavy Barrel
Track & Field (based on the 1983 arcade game)
Joe & Mac
Karate Champ >>>personal favorite from my arcade playing days
The Legend of Zelda
Major League Baseball
Mega Man >>>>Another all time favorite
Pro Wrestling
Q*bert
Section Z
Strider >>>another personal favorite
TMNT >>yes i even got into this game
Twin Cobra
WWF Wrestlemania

Non-lisenced Games
-------------------------------------
Afterburner
RBI Baseball
Shinobi

Yes I remember all of the above, and then some.

golden eye and mario cart the only two games on n64 that were ever played in my college house

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom