OT- Favorite NES game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Favorite NES game

Nothing beats original DOOM '95

I used to play then when I was verrrry young and my dad loved how good I was. Game was ahead of it's time.

An absurdly addictive game that hasn't been listed yet is Bubble Bobble. You wouldn't think a game that looks like this would deserve hours of game play but you would be wrong.

bubblebobble.png

golden eye and mario cart the only two games on n64 that were ever played in my college house

Drunken Odd Job knife fights at 4am with an exam at 9am were pretty commonplace.

An absurdly addictive game that hasn't been listed yet is Bubble Bobble. You wouldn't think a game that looks like this would deserve hours of game play but you would be wrong.

bubblebobble.png
great game! extremely addictive

did anyone have the power pad? world class track meet on that was way ahead of its time

Yup. It was great doing the long jump events where you jump off that pad and back on again but had to do so quick enough that the game didnt mark it as a foul. Also, racing Cheetah was a b*tch.

How about Duck Tales, anyone else play that game to death?

ducktales.png

1. Skate or Die
2. Tecmo Bowl
3. Contra
4. Mario Brothers original
5. Duck Hunt

Yup. It was great doing the long jump events where you jump off that pad and back on again but had to do so quick enough that the game didnt mark it as a foul. Also, racing Cheetah was a b*tch.

ducktales.png
Classic game and really was fun to play. Always had to beat the game 5 HP and getting the 2 bonus treasures.

The best game on N64 was Goldeneye, we had a rule nobody could use the Golden gun just because it became to easy to dominate. On SNES I would go with Mario Kart, Mario RPG, A Link to the Past.

ducktales.png
Awesome game.

By the way, do you guys know you can get the seasons of Duck Tales on DVD from Amazon for like $12 each or something? I bought season one for my son last week.

Awesome game.

By the way, do you guys know you can get the seasons of Duck Tales on DVD from Amazon for like $12 each or something? I bought season one for my son last week.

That was an awesome show come to think of it. I have zero time for TV now but perhaps when my youngest gets a bit older I should pick those up. My 12 year old son is well past cartoons and refuses to play Duck tales on NES with me because it's too hard. He can roll through PS3 games all day though.

The only NES game he'll play with me is blades of steel because he "beat" me one time at it 4-3. Afterwards he started talking smack (like father like son) so next time I talked him into playing we played Tecmo. After I dropped a 69-0 beat down on him where I allowed 0 yards of offense we fired up blades of steel and after a 17-0 drubbing he was done with NES for the day.

That was an awesome show come to think of it. I have zero time for TV now but perhaps when my youngest gets a bit older I should pick those up. My 12 year old son is well past cartoons and refuses to play Duck tales on NES with me because it's too hard. He can roll through PS3 games all day though.

The only NES game he'll play with me is blades of steel because he "beat" me one time at it 4-3. Afterwards he started talking smack (like father like son) so next time I talked him into playing we played Tecmo. After I dropped a 69-0 beat down on him where I allowed 0 yards of offense we fired up blades of steel and after a 17-0 drubbing he was done with NES for the day.
Yeah, my little guy turns 2 in a few months so he's not going to be ready for Duck Tales a long time, I just felt like blowing some credit card points.

Yeah, my little guy turns 2 in a few months so he's not going to be ready for Duck Tales a long time, I just felt like blowing some credit card points.

"Daddy, what does thickburger mean?"

My sons first birthday party is this Sunday so needless to say I've had 0 time for Nintendo the past couple months.

Was bomber man nes or snes? That's up there with the greats

No mention of this beauty? For shame.

One of the best intros ever.

I was such an early NES adopter, that I had the version that came with that ROB robot thing.

I played Zelda so much that I would dream about it. I dreamt about it so much, that I even figured out something I was stuck on in my dream.

I remember buying SO MANY GAMES. Ahhhh! Those were the days you had not only no web to look something up, but not even gaming mags. You just had to buy games and hope they didn't suck.

Worst/hardest game ever...Deadly Towers.

Baseball Stars

baseball_stars.gif

Baseball Stars league mode was awesome. Building players from scratch and watching them turn into beasts.

Funny thing, if you took out the cartridge all your saved players and games got wiped, so far us, the NES system was effectively a Baseball Stars game console.

We used to tape the game inside so it would never come loose and then the outside cover would be duct taped shut so the game could not be removed!

I still maintain this is the best baseball game ever made.

MLBKenGriffey.jpg
good pick. i was also a huge fan of his snes game. being able to run into the catcher and climb the wall was never seen prior to that

Awesome game.

Was a big fan of the show growing up but never knew there was a Nintendo game for it until this post. Sounds like a great game, I may have to find out where my Nintendo is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom