OT- Favorite NES game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Favorite NES game

Was a big fan of the show growing up but never knew there was a Nintendo game for it until this post. Sounds like a great game, I may have to find out where my Nintendo is.
It had surprisingly good game play.

It had surprisingly good game play.

Unfortunately I think I missed out on some good games from that era, Nintendo came out with so many games that it was hard to keep track of them all, plus my brothers and I got our Nintendo toward the end of the craze and before the newer systems hit. Love that Sega though and I think I was the only kid to have a Sega Dreamcast

I still maintain this is the best baseball game ever made.

MLBKenGriffey.jpg

Nice choice but this is the GOAT as far baseball games go...
th

the fact that it lacked mlbpa liscencing and has awesome made up names for obviously real players of that era make it a bit more timeless.

Nice choice but this is the GOAT as far baseball games go...
th

the fact that it lacked mlbpa liscencing and has awesome made up names for obviously real players of that era make it a bit more timeless.
See but that was what pissed me off about baseball games in general my whole life was the made up names.

My second favorite baseball game is definitely MVP Baseball 05 and you always had to make Jon Dowd Barry Bonds and all that. I was all for the realism. Plus, you couldn't touch Pedro's heater in the N64 version...

See but that was what pissed me off about baseball games in general my whole life was the made up names.

My second favorite baseball game is definitely MVP Baseball 05 and you always had to make Jon Dowd Barry Bonds and all that. I was all for the realism. Plus, you couldn't touch Pedro's heater in the N64 version...

Generally I'd agree but the made up names in KG winning run are amazing. Barry Bonds = Muscles McFee, Sammy Sosa = Rebel Ruiz, Albert Belle = Frank Liberty, etc. It's just a d@mn fun game and was the precursor to the N64 game you selected.

Would guess youre maybe a couple years younger than me and we both just prefer what we played as kids vs something we never played. FWIW, the Ken Griffey SNES game before winning run had all the player names IIRC.

Tecmo Super Bowl - could play a whole season in a day. Was the beginning of fantasy football for me as well.

Ice Hockey - phenomenal game. My buddies and I acquired an NES in college, graduated in 2004, specifically to square off in this when we arrived back from a night out.

Excitebike - fun as hell game.

Bionic Commando - another great one.

For those saying Griffey was the best baseball game, you must not have played World Series Baseball for Sega.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom