OT: Fine Mess Strategery | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Fine Mess Strategery

Moving The Fine Mess from the Fine Lot (Where to if we have to leave)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't usually tailgate as I make day trips and have no time before the game. So my opinion should mean jack shite. I used to have a big tailgate every year on Skytop. Was always a blast. Best spot IMO. Love having grass around. Space to throw a FB. More open area. Easy to get on a bus and to the game. However getting back is a PIA because of the lines to get on the bus. And a few times I got the idea to walk. The walk to Manley is easy. The walk from Manley to Skytop sux. Thats what I get for drinking too much and not thinking straight.

Currently I have a spot in Waverly. There are spots available there because people can pay $25 day of game until it fills. So if you get 2-3 people into Waverly to set up a tailgate, you can have everyone else park in the garage across the street for $20. It wouldn't be hard to take supplies over. I have used that garage many times. Nice spot until after the game where it is a PIA to get out. Manley is likely the best place for you guys but the above might be something to think about.

Some great suggestions by all

I'll gather some info this weekend...hopefully we have a few more years at Fine.

ESF swapped the block directly east of Fine (with the ten or so apartment houses on it) with SU for the east half of the Standard lot earlier this year. I don't think the timeframe is set in stone, but last I heard:
1.) ESF is demolishing the houses on the block east of Fine when leases run out in summer 2012;
2.) ESF is starting construction on an academic building on the east half of the Standart lot, possibly in summer 2012, possibly the following summer;
3.) SU is building underground garages on the west half of the Standart lot and on the Fine lot, probably once the other neighborhood construction has wrapped up.

As I understand it, the block bounded by Henry, Raynor, Stadium, and Standart may be used for replacement parking on weekends in Fall 2012 after the houses are demolished. So it might be a wash, at least in the near-term.