OT: Flippin Shaun Freaking White | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Flippin Shaun Freaking White

Do the construction workers compete against each other?
Is chess a sport? It's people competing against each other. How about video games? It's competition requiring hand eye coordination.

My definition of athletics involves a person using their body to move, including running, jumping, and lateral movement in competition. So, riding on top of an animal while it races another animal, regardless of skill or body weight, does not constitute athletics to me, at least not for the person. If the jockeys want to run a relay where they have to cover a given distance while being timed before they mount the horse, I'll change my mind.

Is chess a sport? It's people competing against each other. How about video games? It's competition requiring hand eye coordination.

My definition of athletics involves a person using their body to move, including running, jumping, and lateral movement in competition. So, riding on top of an animal while it races another animal, regardless of skill or body weight, does not constitute athletics to me, at least not for the person. If the jockeys want to run a relay where they have to cover a given distance while being timed before they mount the horse, I'll change my mind.
Are you a lawyer, or do yous just play one on the internet? ;)

I think the important thing to remember is that if you're in a competition and you're given the choice, the best option is to take the physical challenge.

I will never consider golf a sport, it's a game. Jockey's are not athletes, the horses are.
Would you consider the biathlon a sport? Golf is basically the summer version of that.

Would you consider the biathlon a sport? Golf is basically the summer version of that.
People are racing under their own power, so yes. It's cross country skiing with a twist.

If golfers had to run the course with time being a component of score, it would have an athletic component too. There actually is a version of golf like that. I'd like to see that televised. Speed golf - Wikipedia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom