OT: Game Stop | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Game Stop

I swear to god this is the last post I am making to you in this thread.
I made enough money the last week to send a kid to Syracuse for 4 years my wealth has nothing to do with my posts on the subject.

You don’t get it. Yesterday exposed the fact Wall Street is rigged and their is no true free market.

The common folks got screwed so billionaires could keep their yachts, mansions. It was class war fare.

I am not responding to you on this anymore. You don’t get the points being made.

Yikes. There seems to be some obvious hypocrisy here (assuming you made the money off the short squeeze). Aside from that, congratulations on your big week.

Total tally so far looks like $21B lost on Game Stop and I'm here for it.
It was close to $93B before RH pulled the plug is what I have read.
They saved the hedge funds. They were able to get out of their shorts.

1611949587142.png

There was no evidence of human trafficking in that situation and as such nobody was prosecuted.

I’ll give you an answer I wouldn’t give them because you aren’t a Mets fan.
Kraft is a scumbag.
What he did was pathetic and should keep him out of NFL HOF.
He should be charged with the misdemeanor crimes he committed.
However he didn’t commit human sex trafficking crimes and the prosecution was stupid for originally implying that.

I won’t defend Kraft from being called names. He just didn’t commit the felony human trafficking allegations.

With that said none of this matter as it relates to GameStop.

Kraft is a scumbag.
However he didn’t commit human s e x trafficking crimes and the prosecution was stupid for originally implying that.

I won’t defend Kraft from being called names. He just didn’t commit the felony human trafficking allegations.

I honestly have no real opinion towards Kraft either way, I just think it's important to differentiate between human trafficking (one of society's biggest evils) and consensual sex work (which should be taxed/regulated and the country needs to stop being so Maude Flanderish about).

Anyway, that's a topic for another thread.

Kraft is a scumbag.
However he didn’t commit human s e x trafficking crimes and the prosecution was stupid for originally implying that.

You could've said Bob Kraft isn't "your guy." That, and my point, aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, they pair together nicely.

I honestly have no real opinion towards Kraft either way, I just think it's important to differentiate between human trafficking (one of society's biggest evils) and consensual s e x work (which should be taxed/regulated and the country needs to stop being so Maude Flanderish about).

Anyway, that's a topic for another thread.

You're right Eric15, all these Chinese internationals are lining up to come to the US to give hand jobs and get their shot at the American dream. What I was referring to may not be the text book definition of human trafficking (at least in this instance), but maybe we can tie it back to "class warfare" as this seems to be the thread for it?

Last edited:
The bottom line is we can all agree the Patriots are bad and Patriots fans are bad.

You could've said Bob Kraft isn't "your guy." That, and my point, aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, they pair together nicely.
Bob Kraft is my team’s owner.
I just don’t give a chit to defend him when he is wrong.
If he sold the team tomorrow I am Patriots fan.

Plus I actually follow the news and like to know what I am talking about when I make comments.

Ok I am a newbie with stocks. I have a few like Apple, Microsoft, Coke, Disney that I just have had forever and don't really think about it too much. Was thinking would be nice to get in this last week, but figured it would be my luck to put in a few G's and have Gamestop tank like it did yesterday. Is it worth it to day trade and find the next reddit thread, or just ride out long haul stocks?

Ok I am a newbie with stocks. I have a few like Apple, Microsoft, Coke, Disney that I just have had forever and don't really think about it too much. Was thinking would be nice to get in this last week, but figured it would be my luck to put in a few G's and have Gamestop tank like it did yesterday. Is it worth it to day trade and find the next reddit thread, or just ride out long haul stocks?

Do not trade based on Reddit threads. What we’re seeing with Gamestop is the exception that proves the rule. If you go chasing Reddit stock tips, you’ll lose your money real quick.

Bob Kraft is my team’s owner.
I just don’t give a chit to defend him when he is wrong.
If he sold the team tomorrow I am Patriots fan.

Plus I actually follow the news and like to know what I am talking about when I make comments.

Hmmm. Wealthy. Virtuous. Well-informed. I've got to hand it to ya.

You have some serious winners in the list you just gave... If you bought $10k in each even ten years ago, you are well on your way to wealth. KO was the big loser of that group, "only" doubling your money. If that was blind luck, keep it going!*

Buying and holding is the way to create real wealth.

Nobody who knows what they are doing gives investment advice on a forum, unless they are expecting to get paid someway. Ad supported or teasers for a paid subscription seem to be popular.

*My tongue in cheek response was not investment advice.

It was close to $93B before RH pulled the plug is what I have read.
They saved the hedge funds. They were able to get out of their shorts.
Ive read and seen data that they're not out and may have doubled down on their short position. Trying to wait out retail investors. The reddit crowd thinks the game is still on. It's wild to watch. Love it

Do not trade based on Reddit threads. What we’re seeing with Gamestop is the exception that proves the rule. If you go chasing Reddit stock tips, you’ll lose your money real quick.
I have done cash secured puts on the stocks hyped in wallstreetbets for years with much success. I ended up with 146 options contracts of GameStop at $14.20 and just continually ran covered calls on them this past 6 months. About 9000 of the shares have been called away at various prices, but GME has been very, very kind to my portfolio. The same strategy can be applied to pretty much any high IV meme stock with great success if you know what you’re doing.

Ive read and seen data that they're not out and may have doubled down on their short position. Trying to wait out retail investors. The reddit crowd thinks the game is still on. It's wild to watch. Love it
I want blood if they did this I will come back with a vengeance. I will

1611968356910.gif

My stocks in RH instead of cashing them out.
I am trading on Fidelity though. No more RH.

I have done cash secured puts on the stocks hyped in wallstreetbets for years with much success. I ended up with 146 options contracts of GameStop at $14.20 and just continually ran covered calls on them this past 6 months. About 9000 of the shares have been called away at various prices, but GME has been very, very kind to my portfolio. The same strategy can be applied to pretty much any high IV meme stock with great success if you know what you’re doing.

Even if you know what you’re doing, playing the options game with wallstreetbets is considerably higher risk than traditional investing. Very easy for somebody to get in over their head and lose their shirt.

Anybody who doesn’t understand the words in your post would be best served to steer clear.

View attachment 195674

Etrade never locked me out of GME or AMC. Have had it since a teen long long ago, always been decent to me.

Even if you know what you’re doing, playing the options game with wallstreetbets is considerably higher risk than traditional investing. Very easy for somebody to get in over their head and lose their shirt.

Anybody who doesn’t understand the words in your post would be best served to steer clear.
Completely true. Options do require a clear plan amd a willingness to stick to it.

View attachment 195674

You can transfer the stocks to another broker without having to sell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom