OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs

[song: You Shook Me All Night Long]
Most of their best stuff was produced in the 70s, but AC DC's best album - Back in Black - was released in 1980

[song: master of puppets]
This is what today needs.

GET UP AND GET MAD PEOPLE. Rak, looking at you, kid. ;)
Do your job and intimidate the paint. I know you can do it.

Mountain? Skiing? Or riding?

Riding, and I went again today and had another great day. At least until I watched the DVR of the game. Damn did the Cuse look awful.

Riding, and I went again today and had another great day. At least until I watched the DVR of the game. Damn did the Cuse look awful.
Good choice, riding over this game. Bad choice was dvr-ing it, lol.
Not sure if you rode in VT, but I have been to Okemo, Mt. Snow (always rains when I go there), Stratton and Killington.
Have to say favorite is Killingon, then Okemo, Killington just because of the choices of terrain, never get bored there.

Ever been out west? Been to Mammoth (favorite), Big Bear, Snowbird, Canyons, Park City, Copper. I miss living in Cali just because of the near 7 feet of snow in 2 days at Mammoth (not a typo, El Nino 1998, one of the highest 48 hour snowfall totals aside from AK) and the other Mammoth trip (merely 4 to 5 feet in three days). Not even exaggerating.

Good choice, riding over this game. Bad choice was dvr-ing it, lol.
Not sure if you rode in VT, but I have been to Okemo, Mt. Snow (always rains when I go there), Stratton and Killington.
Have to say favorite is Killingon, then Okemo, Killington just because of the choices of terrain, never get bored there.

Ever been out west? Been to Mammoth (favorite), Big Bear, Snowbird, Canyons, Park City, Copper. I miss living in Cali just because of the near 7 feet of snow in 2 days at Mammoth (not a typo, El Nino 1998, one of the highest 48 hour snowfall totals aside from AK) and the other Mammoth trip (merely 4 to 5 feet in three days). Not even exaggerating.

We have a season's pass to Bolton Valley Resort - it's a small mountain but it's only about 30 minutes from the house so it works great for us. I have a 9-year old who rides like me and the wife skis.

I've been to Stratton and Killington - have never done Okemo or Mt. Snow but I want to very badly.

Ridden at Breckenridge two different times. Hoping to take my brood on a western trip at some point in the near future. Especially now that he can ride nearly everything. Hard to get the wife to take a winter trip though when she's right in the middle of her winter blahs and wants to get some beach time. But maybe someday - I keep telling her how sunny it is when you hit the slopes in CO.

[song: Brass in Pocket]
I'm gonna count it because it was released in November, 79 and therefore got virtually of it's extensive airplay in the 80s

We have a season's pass to Bolton Valley Resort - it's a small mountain but it's only about 30 minutes from the house so it works great for us. I have a 9-year old who rides like me and the wife skis.

I've been to Stratton and Killington - have never done Okemo or Mt. Snow but I want to very badly.

Ridden at Breckenridge two different times. Hoping to take my brood on a western trip at some point in the near future. Especially now that he can ride nearly everything. Hard to get the wife to take a winter trip though when she's right in the middle of her winter blahs and wants to get some beach time. But maybe someday - I keep telling her how sunny it is when you hit the slopes in CO.
Of the two you want to go to, I would suggest Okemo.
Although both are considered "big mountains" for east coast, Okemo to me has more of a friendly family vibe.

Awesome that your kid rides! My son has one day under his belt (on skis) but still, not yet into it but he's still very young. He did pretty well with the pee wee lessons. Got a good vid of him straighlining it down for a short while.

Of the two you want to go to, I would suggest Okemo.
Although both are considered "big mountains" for east coast, Okemo to me has more of a friendly family vibe.

Awesome that your kid rides! My son has one day under his belt (on skis) but still, not yet into it but he's still very young. He did pretty well with the pee wee lessons. Got a good vid of him straighlining it down for a short while.

Nice. Best thing I ever did is pay someone else to teach him to ski and then to ride. He chose riding when his friends were doing it, but it's amazing that something I say is stupid but if it comes out of the mouth a 16 year old goofball that is instructing him, it's the voice of God himself.

Nice. Best thing I ever did is pay someone else to teach him to ski and then to ride. He chose riding when his friends were doing it, but it's amazing that something I say is stupid but if it comes out of the mouth a 16 year old goofball that is instructing him, it's the voice of God himself.
You got that right! I'm almost thinking of going back to skiing for this reason. By the time he's 12, he will be completely embarrassed of me (if he isn't already) and naturally choose to ride.

Still, F Skis

You got that right! I'm almost thinking of going back to skiing for this reason. By the time he's 12, he will be completely embarrassed of me (if he isn't already) and naturally choose to ride.

Still, F Skis

Did it one time and it was a disaster. I started later in life and wasn't a great skier anyway, but I can't ski backwards and we didn't do the leash thing. That was a bad day.

Thank god your back bro. And thanks to this thread, VT, Moqui.
Serious, from all the several thousand we suck blowup threads lol, even one guy says we haven't had any big moments where we got up in the face of adversity. I wanted to retort with Louisville (how quickly they forget), Cincy!
Jeez, were those both not battles til the end?
Ah, ain't even worth trying. Their minds are made up no matter what I say.

Anyway, Moqui/cusetown/VT...
DJs, spin that !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom