OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs

Didn't realize this hadn't been posted yet, but I'll correct that error.

[song: the spirit of radio]

I'm just posting songs I like,.
yeah, me too. Songs that I either like now, or that I remember liking then. But there are still lots of songs out there - we have barely scratched the surface of 80s metal, and other than some UB40 we haven't done any reggae. But I am not a big fan of either genre now, and I wasn't listening to much of them then, so they are not songs that I am going to touch. But there have to be another hundred, hundred and fifty quality songs in those two genres combined that someone could mine if they wanted to go there.

Here's a collection of pop songs that I'll call "hidden gems". Each one is either a forgotten song, a minor hit, underrated, unusual, corny, foreign, or some combination thereof. There's a chance you may have never heard any of them but I'm positive you've never heard all of them. Whenever and wherever they play 80s music, you never hear these.

Generally, the songs get better as you go down the page.....

[song: Headed For A Fall]

Grace Kelly's daughter, Princess Stephanie of Monaco, tried to have a career as a singer but it didn't work out. I didn't like this in the 80s but it's kind of grown on me.....

[song: Irresistible]

A hit in Australia and New Zealand, it never made it to the States. It's so 80s.....

[song: Maxine]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom