OT: Help from NYC folks | Syracusefan.com

OT: Help from NYC folks

bnoro

Lurker
As NFL Sunday is approaching, I was wondering if any NYC people know a site where I can find a bar to watch the Pats game with other Patriot fans, or know a Patriot bar in general.

I know we got a lot of G-Men and Jets fans here but I'm hoping someone can get me an answer... A google search doesn't really help much.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know of a Patriot bar specifically but Nice Guy Eddie's in the East Village has a couple games on and a lot of different fans watching. Might want to call them and see if they're showing it.

dont they play monday night? shouldnt be hard to find the game anyplace.

As NFL Sunday is approaching, I was wondering if any NYC people know a site where I can find a bar to watch the Pats game with other Patriot fans, or know a Patriot bar in general.

I know we got a lot of G-Men and Jets fans here but I'm hoping someone can get me an answer... A google search doesn't really help much.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what neighborhood you will be in and I haven't been to this bar in forever, but this at least was a full tilt Boston bar:

Pat O'Brien's
1701 Second Ave (@ 88th St.)

Also, I just did a quick Google of New England Patriots Bars NYC and there was a lot of good info, including this list. No matter what, I would call.

The Riviera Cafe & Sports Bar
225 West 4th Street @ 7th Avenue
212-929-3250
A sports bar in Greenwich Village which has gained a reputation as a haven for Red Sox fans.

Hairy Monk
337 3rd Ave. (@ 25th St)
212-532-2929
An Irish pub with Red Sox memorabilia displayed in the bar, the Hairy Monk shows all Red Sox games on their plasma screens and 8 foot projection screen. Best of all, the bar staff of Leanne, Pete & Ivan are not Yankees fans.

Harrison's Tavern
355 Amsterdam Ave. (@ 77th St)
212-724-3600
They have good pub food, Harpoon on draft, a pool table and neighborhood Sox fans. The owner is from Boston, and Red Sox games are always on the flat screen behind the bar.
Harrison's is temporarily closed. They are moving to a new location at 143 Chambers Street but aren't reopening until October 1st.

Lion's Head Tavern
995 Amsterdam Ave. (@ 109th St)
212-866-1030
Located in the Morningside Heights area near Columbia University. Some people are calling this place Riviera Cafe north, but with cheaper beer.

Pat O'Brien's
1701 Second Ave (@ 88th St.)
212-410-2013
Located in the upper east side of Manhattan, this bar is owned by a Boston College grad and has Boston bartenders working the bar. All Red Sox games are shown, and there are bar specials for all of the games. In case you're wondering, there's no connection to the New Orleans bar of the same name.

Phebe's
359 Bowery (@ 4th St.)
212-358-1902
It's not the biggest Sox hangout in New York, but the place is clean, the food is very good and there is lots of room to watch the game and get food. More Sox fans hang out at this East Village bar than Yankees fans, and the atmosphere is classier than any of the other Red Sox hangouts.

Professor Thom's
219 2nd Avenue (between 13th & 14th Street)
212-260-9480
Jim McGuire, the bartender who started the Red Sox following at the Riviera Cafe, has opened his own bar in the East Village, which has become famous for "Play-by-Play Tuesdays." Pairs of Red Sox fans can sign up to do their own commentary, which is broadcast throughout the bar every Tuesday night that Boston has a road game.

Standings
43 East 7th St. (between 2nd & Cooper Square)
212-420-0671
This neighborhood pub opened in the summer of 2005 to the delight of local Red Sox fans. They have bartenders from Boston that are VERY passionate about the Sox and proudly show all available Red Sox games (with sound) that appear on NESN or the MLB Package. As an added bonus, Standings has free pizza every Friday night at 8 PM during the baseball season.

The Riviera is one of the best Sox bars in the city, so I'd imagine that'd be true for our Pats as well.

Thanks in advance!

bnoro---the big Boston sports bar in NYC is called Professor Thom's, on 2nd Avenue between 13th and 14th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom