OT - Howard to Nets | Syracusefan.com

OT - Howard to Nets

RandygoCuse

All Conference
OK, I know the Nets overpaid for Gerald Wallace, but if they get this deal done with Howard, and keep D Willaims, Joe Johnson and Wallace, I'm giving them an A for this offseason.

OK, I know the Nets overpaid for Gerald Wallace, but if they get this deal done with Howard, and keep D Willaims, Joe Johnson and Wallace, I'm giving them an A for this offseason.

I would give them an A only because there's nothing higher. A+ I guess.

I would give them an A only because there's nothing higher. A+ I guess.
I got an A+ once. Same in terms of GPA - It really made me feel like I was in kingergarten

I live in Brooklyn and could have gotten season tickets for a song after Howard signed that extension now. I scared to even check the prices!:bang:

The hold up seems to be getting someone to take Humphries...im sorry but Kris Humphries is actually pretty good. Owners are handing out monopoly money for 40 year olds, Landry Fields and Omer Asik but noone wants Humphries?

I ain't even mad
landry-fields-dating-elaine-alden.jpg

Forget the point guards, I am sold thats the one thing Carmelo could need is a guy like Howard back there to own the paint on the Defensive end. Offensive player needs a defensive stud.

The hold up seems to be getting someone to take Humphries...im sorry but Kris Humphries is actually pretty good. Owners are handing out monopoly money for 40 year olds, Landry Fields and Omer Asik but noone wants Humphries?

It really doesn't make sense. I was listening to WFAN earlier and they (Joe Beningo and Evan Roberts who is a big Nets fan) couldn't figure it out either. He's, by all accounts, a good locker room guy, he's a double double machine, and I doubt many NBA GM's are big Kim Kardashian fans. At worst, he's an Anderson Varajao type, and I can't see why there's not a market for him. If the Howard deal falls through, I'd love to keep Hump.

Marcus Camby to the Knicks! Ha! Suck it Nets fans!

But seriously, its actually a really solid move for NY.

Landry Fields is kind of a punchline to jokes in NBA circles...but, I guess he is the one laughing. Making buku bucks and hitting that... yowsa.

Forget the point guards, I am sold thats the one thing Carmelo could need is a guy like Howard back there to own the paint on the Defensive end. Offensive player needs a defensive stud.

what is tyson chandler?

The Magic dont even get Marshon Brooks? Brook Lopez and some garbage late 1st round picks...I guess they get to shed some bad contracts. Wow, that deal looks like garbage for Orlando.

The Magic dont even get Marshon Brooks? Brook Lopez and some garbage late 1st round picks...I guess they get to shed some bad contracts. Wow, that deal looks like garbage for Orlando.

The Magic don't want him for some reason.

Humphries wants an extension. He only has 1 year left on his contract.

Tyson Chandler was defensive player of the year.

Humphries wants an extension. He only has 1 year left on his contract.

Humphries is a FA.

When you deal a player like Dwight, you never win the trade, but this seems even bad accepting that.

Humphries is a FA.

When you deal a player like Dwight, you never win the trade, but this seems even bad accepting that.
The Magic will be one of the worst teams in the NBA when this trade goes down. Theyre getting back about a nickel on the dollar in this trade.

The Magic will be one of the worst teams in the NBA when this trade goes down. Theyre getting back about a nickel on the dollar in this trade.

Yeah, plus they lost Ryan Anderson as well. Who is their best player now? Jameer Nelson or Brook Lopez?

Maybe they'll have Noel at C for 2013.

D12 handcuffed the Magic on this thing, what choice did they have? Bynum refused to sign an extension in ORL, and Howard said he only wanted to go to Brooklyn. So I guess they could ahve called his bluff, then he would have ended up staying (and bitching) in Orlando for 1 more year, then walked and the Magic don't get anything.

Think about this if you're the Nets:
- He's said he only wants to go to your city
- The only possible team that he could be talked into wouldn't work because the player Orlando would be getting for him wouldn't sign an extension
- If he's not traded to you, you'll end up getting him in a year in FA anyway

I don't think the Magic did that bad with the deal honestly. The Nets are basically giving 3 1sts, Lopez, and Brooks for 1 extra year of Howard.

- If he's not traded to you, you'll end up getting him in a year in FA anyway

I'm not sure this is true; would they have any cap room? Joe Johnson is due $21.5 million next year, Wallace about $10 million, and I believe Deron Williams is like $17 million. That's around $49 million, give or take, for just 3 guys. The euro guy they are signing gets like $3 million. Plus you need to fill out the rest of the roster; there's no way they'd have the cap room for him. This is pretty much the only way the Nets can get Dwight.

I still have to think someone out there would be willing to give up more to rent the guy for a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom