OT - Howard to Nets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Howard to Nets

"Luxury tax...where we're going, we don't care about no stinking luxury tax" -Russian billionaire

Knicks apparently have feelers out for Sprewell and Anthony Mason as well. Going for that 2002 title.

Humphries wants an extension. He only has 1 year left on his contract.

He's a free agent I think. It would have to be a sign and trade, and if I recall correctly, in order to be S&T'd, they have to sign at least a 3 year deal.

I'm not sure this is true; would they have any cap room? Joe Johnson is due $21.5 million next year, Wallace about $10 million, and I believe Deron Williams is like $17 million. That's around $49 million, give or take, for just 3 guys. The euro guy they are signing gets like $3 million. Plus you need to fill out the rest of the roster; there's no way they'd have the cap room for him. This is pretty much the only way the Nets can get Dwight.

I still have to think someone out there would be willing to give up more to rent the guy for a year.

Am I crazy or does filling your roster with 1 overpaid SG, 1 coach killing PG and 1 dominant center with a bad back on top of the Gerald Wallace party fund sound like a bad idea?

I know they would win games, but can they win a title with that team? Maybe it doesn't matter. It would fill the new arena and they would put on a good show.

Am I crazy or does filling your roster with 1 overpaid SG, 1 coach killing PG and 1 dominant center with a bad back on top of the Gerald Wallace party fund sound like a bad idea?

I know they would win games, but can they win a title with that team? Maybe it doesn't matter. It would fill the new arena and they would put on a good show.
What?

Williams got Sloan fired in Utah.

If you have Dwight Howard you can definitely win a title. If you have Dwight Howard and some other good players, you are a legit title contender.

I don't know how you would be able to defend Howard AND those two guards. Man, Brooklyn is gonna be a tough out. They will have absolutely NOTHING else, but...Miami proved you don't necessarily need much more than 3 all stars to make 2 straight Finals appearances.

Williams got Sloan fired in Utah.

If you have Dwight Howard you can definitely win a title. If you have Dwight Howard and some other good players, you are a legit title contender.

I just don't think that team is constructed to beat Miami. Maybe I'm too bullish on Miami. But JJ and Deron don't strike me as great perimeter defenders and who the heck is guarding Lebron? I mean, he would shoot 25 FTs a game, imo.

I believe thats why they signed Wallace. To guard the Lebron/Durants/Pierces of the world...

They dont need any offense from him. He can just follow the other teams best offensive wings around all game long.

I just don't think that team is constructed to beat Miami. Maybe I'm too bullish on Miami. But JJ and Deron don't strike me as great perimeter defenders and who the heck is guarding Lebron? I mean, he would shoot 25 FTs a game, imo.

I agree that Miami is better. But Miami is better than anyone. If the Nets pull this trade off they'll be one of the best teams in the East.

The Magic will be one of the worst teams in the NBA when this trade goes down. Theyre getting back about a nickel on the dollar in this trade.

I'd imagine that's what they want... (being one of the worst teams)

I think they'd certainly have a chance. Seriously look at that starting lineup:
PG: Deron Williams (arguably the best PG in the NBA)
SG: Joe Johnson (#3 SG in the league without a doubt)
SF: Gerald Wallace (great effort player and a good defender)
PF: European dude (great 3 point shooter, can spread the floor and open things up in the middle for Dwight)
C: Dwight (best C in the NBA, and a good pick and roll threat with Deron)

Off the bench:
Jason Richardson
Earl Clark
Chris Duhon
Tyshawn Taylor
whatever else they can add

That's a damn good team. I certainly think they could compete for a title.

What interests me most in the Nets would be... are Deron and JJ just good regular season players...or are these guys WINNERS who can grind out tough playoff series? They haven't really been battle tested. The East will be interesting this year.

MIA lands Rashard Lewis on the cheap. Guy has done nothing the past few years...but, on a team where half-assing it won't be accepted, he should be energized again. Another good shooter/stretch forward to back up Bosh.

MIA lands Rashard Lewis on the cheap. Guy has done nothing the past few years...but, on a team where half-assing it won't be accepted, he should be energized again. Another good shooter/stretch forward to back up Bosh.

"Hey, want to come to South Beach and shoot wide open threes?"

Not a bad gig.

I believe thats why they signed Wallace. To guard the Lebron/Durants/Pierces of the world...

They dont need any offense from him. He can just follow the other teams best offensive wings around all game long.

Party man Gerald Wallace, fresh off a HUGE contract, is going to guard LeBron when he is at the 4 like he was during the Finals?

Don't think so (IMO)

To be fair, it's a winning team that will put butts in the seats.

Will be entertaining nonetheless.

His baby momma nice looking:

alexa7-480x480.jpg

http://philly.barstoolsports.com/around-barstool/dwight-howards-baby-mama-is-the-winner/

Dwight is a good looking dude with fame and fortune that lives in Florida, he must have some great stories! I wouldn't doubt it if he had 2-3 girls who look like her at one time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom