OT: Huge story breaking out of Italy | Syracusefan.com

OT: Huge story breaking out of Italy

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Altidore finally plays like the holding striker he should, Dempsey is Dempsey and USA beats Italy for the first time ever, in Italy's first loss ever in Genoa.

pretty tense closing minutes... couldn't wait for 4+ of added time to expire. Bradley is really stout. Love his composure. Wait - I think Italy just got whistled for another offsides...

The Deuce is loose, ladies and gentlemen.

Needless to say, this is the biggest win for Klinsmann so far, by a wide margin. And he did it without Landon, too.

Great result today. I have always liked Altidore's game. Pure striker. Just needs to bring it every time he steps on the pitch. Sometimes he seems disinterested, and when he is interested, he sometimes gets frustrated which totally takes him out of his game. I still have very high hopes for him!!

Great result today. I have always liked Altidore's game. Pure striker. Just needs to bring it every time he steps on the pitch. Sometimes he seems disinterested, and when he is interested, he sometimes gets frustrated which totally takes him out of his game. I still have very high hopes for him!!
This isn't about you specifically, but I love how when Americans talk about soccer they get a decidedly British tone in what they say. When would you ever use the word "pitch" outside of this context in regards to a playing surface?

I seriously love it. Soccer has its own language that transcends nationality.

This isn't about you specifically, but I love how when Americans talk about soccer they get a decidedly British tone in what they say. When would you ever use the word "pitch" outside of this context in regards to a playing surface?

Funny you posted that, my next post was going to be..."I love calling it a pitch instead of a field! Makes me sound like I know what I'm talking about and just not full of bullshit."
:)

Great win.. really hope this isnt just another "flash" from Altidore. Dempsey is going to end up being the best american to ever play the game IMO. Despite the significance Im holding my enthusiasm considering Italy was a disaster in the last World Cup.. and we have seen the US team do amazing things (Gold Cup, etc).

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but did all of Italy's stars play today?

Like half.

We didn't have our #1 team either which people seem to be ignoring. No Lando, Timmy Chandler, Bornstein (j/k)

Probably not, but I doubt all of ours played. We already know Donovan didn't. Did Agudelo play? Onyewu?

Pirlo, Buffon, Marchisio and some experiments. None of the first choice strikers were avaiable either through injury or coaches choice for disciplinarian reasons.

Altidore finally plays like the holding striker he should, Dempsey is Dempsey and USA beats Italy for the first time ever, in Italy's first loss ever in Genoa.
Great win! I hope Forza is okay...

I read the board of my EPL team and I can make out every third word most posts as the are all English folks typing.

But, yes soccer verbiage is good

aside from American pride I feel nothing. Soccer is a very chitty sport. Sorry to those I have offended... but after all this is America and am entitled to that opinion. USA USA USA

aside from American pride I feel nothing. Soccer is a very chitty sport. Sorry to those I have offended... but after all this is America and am entitled to that opinion. USA USA USA
I agree. Was this a tournament game? I dont get why beating Italy is cause to celebrate like the US beat the Russians in the gold medal game. Some guy at work acted like I did when we beat Kansas. I wanted to punch him and ask him if he realized he was cheering for soccer.

I agree. Was this a tournament game? I dont get why beating Italy is cause to celebrate like the US beat the Russians in the gold medal game. Some guy at work acted like I did when we beat Kansas. I wanted to punch him and ask him if he realized he was cheering for soccer.
not a tournament game, but to beat a giant in the sport, in a place they were unbeaten for the last 88 years, is pretty incredible

not a tournament game, but to beat a giant in the sport, in a place they were unbeaten for the last 88 years, is pretty incredible
so we beat a team in an exhibition game then? And people are celebrating like its 1999???

All I know is if they put soccer again on ESPN during the month of March I am going to lose it.

haha, what is this country coming to?... soccer? thats like our nations D list athletes.

USA beating Italy in soccer is like Puerto Rico beating the USA in basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom