OT: I would die if I was a hockey fan | Syracusefan.com

OT: I would die if I was a hockey fan

Eric15

Living Legend
How do all hockey fans not die of massive heart attacks during playoff games? I don't care about this Bruin/Capital series in the least, but I've been watching most of the game and it has me on edge.

With football and basketball (the sports that I follow), you have natural breaks that allow you to catch your breath, but with hockey, everything hangs in the balance at any given moment.

I'm not a hockey person, but I respect the hell out of it.

It's my favorite playoffs in sports. It's incredibly stressful and incredibly fun. Being able to work for the Rangers this semester and feeling the atmosphere in the Garden has been an amazing experience. As for my true rooting interest, if the Sabres ever win the Cup, I don't even know what I'll do.

Completely disagree. Playoff Basketball in the NBA is incredible. Best playoffs by a mile imo. Insanely talented and physical. People get the $#$% kicked out of them...with no pads on. I watched the Rangers/Senators game last night and it was pretty good but I just cant get into it.

Completely disagree. Playoff Basketball in the NBA is incredible. Best playoffs by a mile imo. Insanely talented and physical. People get the $#$% kicked out of them...with no pads on. I watched the Rangers/Senators game last night and it was pretty good but I just cant get into it.
To each his own. I can't watch NBA basketball at all - regular season or playoffs. Yawn. Take the ball down, pass it around for 15 seconds, take a shot without really being guarded.

Hockey playoffs are amazing. Fav two teams are Cuse and Sabres. But you get into OT in the playoff and its great and horrible knowing the game can, and will, end at any given moment. It could be 20 seconds, it could be 4 hours, you don't know when. Every rush each way is just "No no no no no NO... whew. Please please please please PLEASE... damn... no no..." etc. Until its either sheer joy or you have to restrain yourself from kicking the dog.

Hockey playoffs are amazing. Fav two teams are Cuse and Sabres. But you get into OT in the playoff and its great and horrible knowing the game can, and will, end at any given moment. It could be 20 seconds, it could be 4 hours, you don't know when. Every rush each way is just "No no no no no NO... whew. Please please please please PLEASE... damn... no no..." etc. Until its either sheer joy or you have to restrain yourself from kicking the dog.
Or it can end when it's not supposed to, as every Sabres fan knows all too well.

Kinda ironic that there's a thread bashing Artest right next to thread praising boxing on ice.

Hockey playoffs are just insane. I would rather watch NHL playoffs over anything the nba can offer. Just my opinion.

Kinda ironic that there's a thread bashing Artest right next to thread praising boxing on ice.
As ironic as you bashing peoples sources during the noel saga. You must think youre up on a pedestal.

Hockey playoffs (especially overtime games) put every sport to shame. Nba playoffs? Jesus...not even close.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's my favorite playoffs in sports. It's incredibly stressful and incredibly fun. Being able to work for the Rangers this semester and feeling the atmosphere in the Garden has been an amazing experience. As for my true rooting interest, if the Sabres ever win the Cup, I don't even know what I'll do.

Sure you do. You'll get drunk, tip over police cars, and set dumpsters on fire.

As a Bruins fan, there wasn't a better ride than last year's Stanley Cup win, but this series still feels like we haven't won in years and I'm on the edge of my seat every game.

At least the fans would be safe if Artest was a hockey player. Kinda hard to get at them through glass.

Plus, there is a protocol for fighting in hockey, and most of the players don't cross that line. The officials let them fight it out until they are tired. And also note that NONE of the other players get involved. Benches don't clear. Mayhem doesn't ensue. Fans aren't attacked. The NBA chumps could learn a thing or two about fighting from their hockey brethren. Don't bring that gangsta shite in here.

As ironic as you bashing peoples sources during the noel saga. You must think youre up on a pedestal.

Nope. I just think hockey is boxing on ice.

But your sources do suck, since you mentioned it.

Nope. I just think hockey is boxing on ice.

But your sources do suck, since you mentioned it.

Then you have never really watched a hockey game. You should do yourself a favor and go watch an NHL game in person . Get seats about 10 rows up near one of the goals. I guarantee you will walk out of there playing a new tune about the sport. And remember, most hockey players are younger, on average, than the NBA players.

Then you have never really watched a hockey game. You should do yourself a favor and go watch an NHL game in person . Get seats about 10 rows up near one of the goals. I guarantee you will walk out of there playing a new tune about the sport. And remember, most hockey players are younger, on average, than the NBA players.
Ive heard that hockey games are very good in person. Unfortunately aside from playoffs the game doesnt translate well to a mass audience on television, im not even sure anyone even watches the playoffs. I wish I could get into it, I just cant. One of these days ill check out a game live though.