OT: I would die if I was a hockey fan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: I would die if I was a hockey fan

Your only "point" is to over and over again make yourself appear clueless. Do I REALLY have to explain sarcasm? Pssst, I'll give ya a little hint, I don't really believe the Chinese were set to nuke us after the Town fight. I guess I can see how thats confusing to someone like you. So let me be more direct and maybe if someone draws you a map you can follow along. You're original and subsequent posts were so idiotic in nature and completely off the mark I used this neat trick called "sarcasm" to demonstrate equally asinine statements about other sports. Up to speed? Need a crayon?

Why don't you just admit that actions like Artest's are commonplace in hockey and move on? You're free to like whatever you want, but you should at least be honest with yourself about what you're watching. (Though Buffalo fans might not want reminders.)

You're pretty obtuse, but great stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing if you can miss the point anymore.

Who called for banning a sport? That, my friend, tells me you have interpretation difficulties and further attempts to clarify are likely futile.

The initial post pointed to the irony of a cheap shot in the NBA being vilified, in contrast to a thread about a sport where (as I later referenced) similar behavior is "commonplace", "front and centre", and "not really out of the ordinary".
Yanno what? I apoligize. Too mean, you're doing the best you can with what ya got.
The NHL playoffs are fantastic (especially if the Ranger are in it). However, lets get one thing straight: Ncaa March Madness>Nhl Playoffs and its not even close. NHL Playoffs are exciting and games can end in dramatic fashion in OT. But nothing beats the single elmination, 64 team tournament. Thats drama! Best of 7 game tournaments can be a little long and dry- both nba and nhl.
Thats sort of why those are my 2 fav sporting events, because they are so polor opposite, but each great in their own way. With hockey each round is a war. By the end you despise theother team, their coach, and their fans. Things get chippy, theres highs and lows, and after 2 weeks of this if you come out on top, your reward is to start it all over again with a new team to hate. It takes 2 long hard months of battle to win. You WILL lose games along the way, nobody goes through unscathed. Its exausting as a fan, much less a player. Nothing is more grueling or harder earned in team sport. Then the tourny on the other hand is so fast paced. Those 1st 4 days there are games everywhere. Every one is do or die for both sides. You may have the better team, but one off day and you're done. 9 days after you start, if things went right, you're in the final four. Its a whirlwind and every second is spectacular. Love em both.
Why don't you just admit that actions like Artest's are commonplace in hockey and move on? You're free to like whatever you want, but you should at least be honest with yourself about what you're watching. (Though Buffalo fans might not want reminders.)
Because thats an incredibly stupid and untrue statement. Your own posts prove that when a true cheapshot occurs it causes outrage and not the acceptence you claim. Why dont you just admit you have the head of a giraff growing from your rectum? It'd be just as valid and accurate. Also, what kind of sociopath posts over and over on an OT topic they proclaim no interest in? Nascar isn't my thing, although I wouldn't trash it, so if theres an OT Nascar post I'l skip it in favor of topics I care about.

Yanno what? I apoligize. Too mean, you're doing the best you can with what ya got.
Thats sort of why those are my 2 fav sporting events, because they are so polor opposite, but each great in their own way. With hockey each round is a war. By the end you despise theother team, their coach, and their fans. Things get chippy, theres highs and lows, and after 2 weeks of this if you come out on top, your reward is to start it all over again with a new team to hate. It takes 2 long hard months of battle to win. You WILL lose games along the way, nobody goes through unscathed. Its exausting as a fan, much less a player. Nothing is more grueling or harder earned in team sport. Then the tourny on the other hand is so fast paced. Those 1st 4 days there are games everywhere. Every one is do or die for both sides. You may have the better team, but one off day and you're done. 9 days after you start, if things went right, you're in the final four. Its a whirlwind and every second is spectacular. Love em both.
Because thats an incredibly stupid and untrue statement. Your own posts prove that when a true cheapshot occurs it causes outrage and not the acceptence you claim. Why dont you just admit you have the head of a giraff growing from your rectum? It'd be just as valid and accurate. Also, what kind of sociopath posts over and over on an OT topic they proclaim no interest in? Nascar isn't my thing, although I wouldn't trash it, so if theres an OT Nascar post I'l skip it in favor of topics I care about.

1. Where's this outrage? Outside of the Hossa hit, nobody gives two flying fs about the cheap shots. They are too culturally ingrained into the sport. You can't glom on to the worst of the worst of the worst as the exception that proves the rule. Weber uses Zetterberg's head as a pinata and gets only a $2,500 fine. Plays like the latter dwarf the former in number of occurrences, and they give hockey a differentiation point, for better or worse..

2. Maybe if this was on the OT board it wouldn't get discussed as heavily and I'd be spared of your ignorance. There is an OT board, right?

3. Still laughing at the fact that you used a synonym for irony (sarcasm) as your means of supposed retaliation. Classic.

speaking as a die hard ranger fan, i got a feeling im gonna die a little tonite.

stanley cup is the toughest trophy to win in all of sports, no doubt about it.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

1. Where's this outrage? Outside of the Hossa hit, nobody gives two flying fs about the cheap shots. They are too culturally ingrained into the sport. You can't glom on to the worst of the worst of the worst as the exception that proves the rule. Weber uses Zetterberg's head as a pinata and gets only a $2,500 fine. Plays like the latter dwarf the former in number of occurrences, and they give hockey a differentiation point, for better or worse..
Well, tbh Weber would have been gone if his name was Mike Jones. Shea Weber is a big name (by hockey standards), and all the sports do their best to protect those people. Also, I think there was a decent amount of outrage over that hit at least w/ hockey people (especially over the lack of punishment).

Well, tbh Weber would have been gone if his name was Mike Jones. Shea Weber is a big name (by hockey standards), and all the sports do their best to protect those people. Also, I think there was a decent amount of outrage over that hit at least w/ hockey people (especially over the lack of punishment).
Zetterberg played it up a lot and didn't look too injured. You can see him brace himself as well. Not saying it's ok, Weber should have at least got a game, but the NHL isn't protecting anyone. Nicklas Backstrom got suspended a game for crosschecking one of the Bruins in the face and he's one of their best players.

How do all hockey fans not die of massive heart attacks during playoff games? I don't care about this Bruin/Capital series in the least, but I've been watching most of the game and it has me on edge.

With football and basketball (the sports that I follow), you have natural breaks that allow you to catch your breath, but with hockey, everything hangs in the balance at any given moment.

I'm not a hockey person, but I respect the hell out of it.

I don't get the excitement at all. It's a game of false alarms. Nobody scores on 99.9% of possessions, no matter how close they may seem. It's like getting a phone call from a neighbor saying your house is burning down - there's adrenaline and your heart is racing the first time you rush home, and maybe the second. By the third time, you're saying screw it - I'll watch basketball or football.

I don't get the excitement at all. It's a game of false alarms. Nobody scores on 99.9% of possessions, no matter how close they may seem. It's like getting a phone call from a neighbor saying your house is burning down - there's adrenaline and your heart is racing the first time you rush home, and maybe the second. By the third time, you're saying screw it - I'll watch basketball or football.
Ah yes, the excitement of football. The game where there is about 10 minutes of real game action for the 3 and a half hours that you're watching. I struggle to watch the NFL. I know I'm in the minority, but the rise of popularity of the sport and the constant TV timeouts force me to flip something else on. The "touchdown, commercial while they review, PAT, commercial, kick off, commercial" sequence kills me.

I like football too don't get me wrong. But would it help if hockey counted each goal as 7 points so that low scoring 4-3 game is suddenly a 28-21 shootout?

So far the Stanley Cup playoff games have been more physical than usual, that much is true. But at least the teams are given the opportunity to fix the problem themselves, a la the Blues at the end of Game 2 against the Sharks. That was hardcore.

I like football too don't get me wrong. But would it help if hockey counted each goal as 7 points so that low scoring 4-3 game is suddenly a 28-21 shootout?

Wrong thinking. When your football team gets within 30 yards of the end zone, they have a reasonable chance for 3 pts. In hockey, you can tango with the goalie and still probably come away empty. Why do they even need a goalie? The net is not even big enough to fit one of the waitresses at the Solvay Diner.

Wrong thinking. When your football team gets within 30 yards of the end zone, they have a reasonable chance for 3 pts. In hockey, you can tango with the goalie and still probably come away empty. Why do they even need a goalie? The net is not even big enough to fit one of the waitresses at the Solvay Diner.
I don't want this to sound like I'm down on football, I'm not, can't wait for the draft. I love them both. But what you're talking about, your team within the 30, happens what, 4-5 times over 3 1/2 hour game? Hockey you have 20 -40 moments a game where theres a real chance. Each sport gives you about the same number of actual scores. So its a matter of what you find exciting I guess.