OT: I'm going to be an ACC blogger this year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: I'm going to be an ACC blogger this year...

Sherman's March to the AC-Sea: How Sherman Douglas did something, working title.

A pre-ACC history of the contenders would be a cool article series. Maybe 300-500 words on each school.

Plus it gives you a great reason to brag about about SUs recent tourney success and why not?

A pre-ACC history of the contenders would be a cool article series. Maybe 300-500 words on each school.

Plus it gives you a great reason to brag about about SUs recent tourney success and why not?
That would make for a good series, actually. Previewing the contenders over the last, say, 10 years, one at a time. That's a week's worth of articles right there.

And Rocco...I'll try to work in something about arena domination. But to be honest, I have no idea how to actually quantify that...ha.

First article: cast eeach ACC team as a character from the Wire.

Then do each ACC team as an animal that Manimal turned into at one point during the obscure show's brief run.

Congrats! How about an analysis of the rosters of the ACC teams. I suspect we'll see that the league draws a lot of player s from NY/NJ/Conn, giving further credibility to the ACC tourney at MSG.

FLORANGE44

First article: cast eeach ACC team as a character from the Wire.

Then do each ACC team as an animal that Manimal turned into at one point during the obscure show's brief run.
HA! Wire comparisons would be a hell of a lot of fun. I mean after all, I've done something similar with Game of Thrones before. I wonder if they'd allow that, of course...not sure what kind of creative freedom I have yet.

Stringer Bell - Duke
Avon Barksdale - North Carolina
Marlo Stanfield - Louisville
Boston College - Ziggy Sobotka

Carolina thinks it's the power and certainly has the muscle, but Duke is the brains and ultimately is the school that really drives the conference. Louisville is the new ruthless kid on the block who doesn't play by the rules (Pitino, anyone?). And Boston College is just laughably pathetic and inept.

I haven't decided who Syracuse is. I'd say Omar, except, well, I don't want us to share his fate. Maybe go with Bunk, since he played lacrosse in high school and actually references Jim Brown and Syracuse in the show.

Duke without Chris Collins. Chris was to Duke what Mike Hopkins is to Syracuse. K relied very heavily on him. I would love to see an article from both the K perspective and the Collins perspective. (Chris became the coach of Northwestern during the off-season). Also, Collins was such a fixture at Duke (and in the ACC) for so many years. Maybe an article about how he's doing at Northwestern -- and the real reason why he left Duke. (I realize these two ideas may sound somewhat parochial... but if you have to write something every day... I think they come in handy some day).

Oh, and here's another one. Who will succeed K at Duke? Dawkins (now at Stanford)? Collins? Wojo? All of those guys are so well known within college basketball circles ... and there is such speculation on this subject.

Last edited:
Oh, and I just submitted my first article. I decided to keep it simple and gush about CJ Fair.

And yes, I managed to work in a Thickburger reference. Let's see if the editors let that stay.

Link?

Congrats that's wonderful news!

Remember this...if you're intelligent and informative you'll have loyal fans...write bad/controversial stuff about popular schools and you'll get the hits. Please don't turn to the darkside.

Nicely done. And the thickburger reference made it through editing so you win even more points.

Have to say though, I hate the auto run on the videos on the side. So annoying - but not your issue I'm sure.

My suggestion for an article is ranking the ACC teams based on teams composed of their best players from the last 25 years. I would like to know who the ACC teams have had. I'm a little ignorant on several of the new ACC foes, so I would appreciate the information.

Controversy can be good. People would disagree with who you choose and how you rank them. You won't have to manufacture it, it will just come with the territory. As long as you don't put SU any worse than third we're good.

How about piece about Maryland's last year in the ACC... through the eyes of the other schools. Lots of fans of the Carolina schools never considered MD a "real" ACC team. Would be interesting to see how the other teams view Maryland's departure. You might get some contraversy going if you get some good quotes in this one. (I'm trying to think outside-the-box with non-SU topics in all these suggestions).

"Warning! A Syracuse Guide to Arena Takeovers"

Actually, that isn't a bad one. Which team travels best in the ACC? Or, how well do the ACC noobs travel? or something along that lines

My fluff piece on CJ Fair is online. I'm kinda looking forward to the season starting just so I can write more about actual games, but hey, at least I can praise a Syracuse guy for now: http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-bask...c-j-fair-is-the-best-player-you-may-not-know/

You're off to a good start, man. Following the well-placed Thickburger reference, I'll be watching for more board-based Easter eggs, such as "tavern-league defense," WV_Barbi, the purchase of love spells, etc. And Lucious Pusey.