OT: Interesting schedule for Notre Dame.. Try out for the ACC ?Wake, Maryland and BC | Syracusefan.com

OT: Interesting schedule for Notre Dame.. Try out for the ACC ?Wake, Maryland and BC

CuseLegacy

Notre Dame will play Wake Forest Saturday at 8:00 and it will be televised on ABC/ESPN. This is the first time the two teams have ever played each other. The one ND comment that got me was that ND has never played in a stadium (Wake) this small. LOL.

Not sure why they are playing at Wake, was that game scheduled in 1985? Other than their traditional opponents (to include BC for these purposes), ND's mission in road games was to avoid any stadium that was smaller than about 60k I thought. What does Wake seat, maybe 35k? Is this game related to a lost bet?

BB&T Field seats about 31,500- perfectly suitable for a school Wake's size. Despite the smallness the stadium itself is very nice and modern, and they just installed a huge new video board that puts the Dome's two TV screens to shame. Wake would be a great road trip for SU fans once were in the ACC.
I'm guessing this game happened because Wake president Nathan Hatch was a long time provost at ND before coming to WFU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom