Class of 2020 - OT James Pogorelc (VA) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OT James Pogorelc (VA) Offered

I pointed out that Ryan Alexander would be exactly what he is (a Sun belt conference type O-lineman) and alot of people on here criticized me, complained that the coaches know better and he would be great etc etc etc. Blah blah blah. Now that they see that I was correct you cant find them. Smh. Again as I have said repeatedly HCDB has got to improve our recruiting especially in the trenches.
Who is "they"?

Who is "they"?
The whole group that says "stars dont matter, HCDB recruiting classes are better than the rankings, etc etc etc. The group on this site that in all honesty love Syracuse just as much as you and I, but defend to the end without any subjectivity any criticism of our recruiting. I dont want to make it into a big fight with "them" so I will leave it at that. But you can look at the "recruiting reality" or the "recruiting higher rated kids" threads to see who "they" are. Again not looking to fight with "them" just hope they now see what was so obvious to anyone looking at our teams strengths and glaring weaknesses as I was in assessing our O-line.

More importantly we need to step up our recruiting and get players like Pogelrec. Really concerned about our O-line next year and D-line. This kid would be plug and play for Syracuse from day 1. Really really really want him.

Pogerlc is an 88. Barclay is an 85. Look at me with a straight face and say one is plug and play and the other isn’t

The whole group that says "stars dont matter, HCDB recruiting classes are better than the rankings, etc etc etc. The group on this site that in all honesty love Syracuse just as much as you and I, but defend to the end without any subjectivity any criticism of our recruiting. I dont want to make it into a big fight with "them" so I will leave it at that. But you can look at the "recruiting reality" or the "recruiting higher rated kids" threads to see who "they" are. Again not looking to fight with "them" just hope they now see what was so obvious to anyone looking at our teams strengths and glaring weaknesses as I was in assessing our O-line.

More importantly we need to step up our recruiting and get players like Pogelrec. Really concerned about our O-line next year and D-line. This kid would be plug and play for Syracuse from day 1. Really really really want him.
OK, thanks. I thought you were saying you couldn't find your posts because they had been deleted.

Good prospect, needs development. Not a plug and play.

We do not get those EVER along OL, not DL really

Good prospect, needs development. Not a plug and play.

We do not get those EVER along OL, not DL really
All college freshmen need or better pit can improve with development!!! Do you think our current tackles Vettorelo and Alexander are better than him RIGHT NOW???

All college freshmen need or better pit can improve with development!!! Do you think our current tackles Vettorelo and Alexander are better than him RIGHT NOW???
Right now yes.

Will he be better at their current stage of development, is up to him.

It's too early to write off Vettorelo

Right now yes.

Will he be better at their current stage of development, is up to him.

It's too early to write off Vettorelo
You cant write off a freshman who didnt expect to see the field and has been thrust into starting in the ACC. But you can watch the games and see thst he is incredibly overwhelmed.

You cant write off a freshman who didnt expect to see the field and has been thrust into starting in the ACC. But you can watch the games and see thst he is incredibly overwhelmed.
Right, he needed more time.

He is overwhelmed.

But in a couple years he should be an anchor for us.

Right, he needed more time.

He is overwhelmed.

But in a couple years he should be an anchor for us.
IDK about that BUT i hope your correct. i dont blame the kid is doing the best he can. I just think if you havecever recruited ir watched a Pogorelc game, sooooo much more to work with from day 1. He is the type of CLEAR top Power 5 recruit we should be on year in and year out as a focus

IDK about that BUT i hope your correct. i dont blame the kid is doing the best he can. I just think if you havecever recruited ir watched a Pogorelc game, sooooo much more to work with from day 1. He is the type of CLEAR top Power 5 recruit we should be on year in and year out as a focus
I've wanted him for a while. I don't see it playing out in our favor though

Pogerlc is an 88. Barclay is an 85. Look at me with a straight face and say one is plug and play and the other isn’t
Depending on what site that can be a HUGE difference lol.
Alot of people on here like to compare players by offers so lets do that with these two and

Barclay P5 offers: 2 Syracuse UVA
Others: Toledo, William and Mary, Temple, Richmond, Old Dominion, UMASS, Lafayette,CMich UCONN, Buff, Bowling Green

Pogorelc P5 offers: 14 Syracuse, Michigan, NC, Stanford, UVA, AZ ST, Ill, Indiana, Pitt, Purdue,Rutgers, Tenn, UCLA, Wake,
Others: too many to list

Pogorelc is a National P5 prospect with more Power conference offers than Barclay has total offers. Barclays 3 and 4th option are MAC teams. Pogorelc has more Power 5 offers than are Teams in the MAC. The two players aren't even close from a offer perspective. I use the "offer" defense on this site because that is commonly used to defend our low ranked recruits. Hoping Barclay is a player but Pogorelc I know will be a solid P5 player

I pointed out that Ryan Alexander would be exactly what he is (a Sun belt conference type O-lineman) and alot of people on here criticized me, complained that the coaches know better and he would be great etc etc etc. Blah blah blah. Now that they see that I was correct you cant find them. Smh. Again as I have said repeatedly HCDB has got to improve our recruiting especially in the trenches.
This thread is about Pogorelc. This forum is about recruits, not current players. If you want to have that discussion take it to the football forum.

Depending on what site that can be a HUGE difference lol.
Alot of people on here like to compare players by offers so lets do that with these two and

Barclay P5 offers: 2 Syracuse UVA
Others: Toledo, William and Mary, Temple, Richmond, Old Dominion, UMASS, Lafayette,CMich UCONN, Buff, Bowling Green

Pogorelc P5 offers: 14 Syracuse, Michigan, NC, Stanford, UVA, AZ ST, Ill, Indiana, Pitt, Purdue,Rutgers, Tenn, UCLA, Wake,
Others: too many to list

Pogorelc is a National P5 prospect with more Power conference offers than Barclay has total offers. Barclays 3 and 4th option are MAC teams. Pogorelc has more Power 5 offers than are Teams in the MAC. The two players aren't even close from a offer perspective. I use the "offer" defense on this site because that is commonly used to defend our low ranked recruits. Hoping Barclay is a player but Pogorelc I know will be a solid P5 player

You can’t know that anybody is going to be a solid P5 player. If you think that 100% then you haven’t figured out recruiting yet. The signs can be there for a large percent of success but nobody knows regardless of how you like his offers better.

You can’t know that anybody is going to be a solid P5 player. If you think that 100% then you haven’t figured out recruiting yet. The signs can be there for a large percent of success but nobody knows regardless of how you like his offers better.
Nothing in life is 100% except death, taxes and people making excuses for failure. This kid is going to be a solid P5 player. Thats why sooooooo many high P5 teams across the country are recruiting him. Its "much more probable" than not.

Looks like UVA out in front.
Looking at their depth chart, they have a junior, two sophomores and a freshman at the OT spots.

It would be a lot easier for him to play early at Syracuse, where help at OT is desperately needed.

Looking at their depth chart, they have a junior, two sophomores and a freshman at the OT spots.

It would be a lot easier for him to play early at Syracuse, where help at OT is desperately needed.
I agree. At this point we either have to land some game ready Jucos or Transfers for next season or hope that we can improve the current group as we are not going to land any HS kid that can help us next year.

I agree. At this point we either have to land some game ready Jucos or Transfers for next season or hope that we can improve the current group as we are not going to land any HS kid that can help us next year.
Barclay and Ilaoa say hi.

Neither is going to help. I personally hope they move llaoa (and Froumy) to the DLine.

The assertion was that Pogorelc could step in and help next year and since he will probably commit elsewhere we have to go the JUCO/Transfer route. By thinking Pogo could help immediately then why not Ilaoa and Barclay? The Oline may have to depend on the incoming talent and the kids, like Froumy, that are being developed for next year.

The assertion was that Pogorelc could step in and help next year and since he will probably commit elsewhere we have to go the JUCO/Transfer route. By thinking Pogo could help immediately then why not Ilaoa and Barclay? The Oline may have to depend on the incoming talent and the kids, like Froumy, that are being developed for next year.
Pretty sure Ilaoa is going to play OG, or maybe C. He is a little too small to play at OT. Barclay looks like a fine prospect. I like him a lot. But he is around 250 pounds. That is why he hasn't gotten a lot of P5 offers. It is likely going to take him a while to build his body up to where he can play against P5 opposition.

Pogo isn't ready to play right away either. He is apparently around 270 right now. All things being equal, that probably gives him a year or two head start on Garth though.

The bottom line is, Syracuse needs OTs about as badly as any P5 team in the country. I don't think UVa is in nearly as much of a bind there as we are.

Pretty sure playing time will be easier to come by in Syracuse.

Addendum:

If Garth continues to add 4 pounds a month, he will be where he needs to be in about a year. That would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:

In that case Pogorelc won't be helping next year either. Any good HS tackle can likely find the field early but it won't be next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom