Class of 2023 - OT Jayden Bass (MA) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (7/19/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OT Jayden Bass (MA) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (7/19/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hungry Pancake Day GIF by Aya Murata
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

You look at Jayden from the neck up and he doesn't look anywhere near
295. He runs/moves exceptionally well. Anytime now...here come the big schools/factories.
LOCK HIM UP!!
Agree. He looks kind of skinny on his tape. Looks like his lower body is well developed but he needs to do some work building out the upper body.

He is very quick and athletic. Love his feet, his drive, his ability to get to blockers past the line of scrimmage. You can see him struggle a bit on initial engagement because his upper body is just not strong enough yet. I can see why he isn't going to get a rating of 89 or 88 right now.

But this problem is very fixable. It just takes a year or two of grinding in the weight room.

I would much rather take a guy like this than a 325 guy with slow feet and poor balance who is strong as an ox. You can't fix slow and unathletic. We have had a bunch of those types on the team and they never get on the field.

Agree. He looks kind of skinny on his tape. Looks like his lower body is well developed but he needs to do some work building out the upper body.

He is very quick and athletic. Love his feet, his drive, his ability to get to blockers past the line of scrimmage. You can see him struggle a bit on initial engagement because his upper body is just not strong enough yet. I can see why he isn't going to get a rating of 89 or 88 right now.

But this problem is very fixable. It just takes a year or two of grinding in the weight room.

I would much rather take a guy like this than a 325 guy with slow feet and poor balance who is strong as an ox. You can't fix slow and unathletic. We have had a bunch of those types on the team and they never get on the field.
Great points. He pancakes everyone he lines up against but there is a positive and negative to that. The negative is that it tells you something about the competition level of his opponents. The positive is that Ive seen many kids who have the size advantage not dominate their opponent (including 4 and 5 stars prospects). The fact that he finishes blocks says alot. Like you said he now have to get stronger, improve his leverage and technique so he can do it vs Acc D lineman

Last edited:

Ben used to go out in the hay fields of Pennsylvania, and New York, and get the guys throwing hay on the loaders. Strength, Flexibility, Stamina.

Qadir White and Denzel Ward come to mind as far as your last paragraph is concerned.

Last edited:
OUCH!!
Wasn't really meant as a dig, just seems we've had better luck with OL that come in tall and lean and fill out than those that are physically mature already in HS and have to shed weight.

The other day he had the God's time is the best time quote. Not sure what is going on with his recruitment.

The other day he had the God's time is the best time quote. Not sure what is going on with his recruitment.
Not sure why he is waiting. May be a silent verbal or staff is moving on.

Not sure why he is waiting. May be a silent verbal or staff is moving on.
Exploring options. Probably hoping a big name program comes in (PSU? Miami?) late.

Status
Not open for further replies.