OT Jenna Caira left off the first team All-Big East | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT Jenna Caira left off the first team All-Big East

Not sure they're a lock at this point. That loss is a killer. All they needed to do was beat a St. John's team that got absolutely obliterated by a mediocre LIU team, split with Fairleigh Ridiculous, and has a number of god-awful losses and they couldn't get it done. A win and they're a lock for a bid. A loss and they're still probably in but they could very well be left out in favor of a mid-level SEC or Pac-12 school.

There are 5 Big East teams inside the Top 30 in the NCAA's RPI. Louisville, Notre Dame, Syracuse, South Florida and DePaul. I'm not sure there have ever been this many good teams in the conference.

Syracuse will take a major hit losing to St. John's, who was 116. South Florida's loss won't hurt them too much - DePaul is good. Will the Big East get five teams in?

Yes, they are a lock. Not even debatable. Equating to the NCAA tourney, they would be like a 6 or 7 seed at worst.

Yes, they are a lock. Not even debatable. Equating to the NCAA tourney, they would be like a 6 or 7 seed at worst.

The NCAA softball tournament is NOT the NCAA basketball tournament. I think they get in too, but due to the conference affiliation (right or wrong) it's not a lock.

The NCAA softball tournament is NOT the NCAA basketball tournament. I think they get in too, but due to the conference affiliation (right or wrong) it's not a lock.

The softball tournament is much more RPI based than the bball tourney. So, if anything, they are an even bigger lock. If you are a top 35 RPI, you are a lock. After that, they do a big of juggling but basically the top 40-45 make it. Syracuse isn't even near the bubble.

The softball tournament is much more RPI based than the bball tourney. So, if anything, they are an even bigger lock. If you are a top 35 RPI, you are a lock. After that, they do a big of juggling but basically the top 40-45 make it. Syracuse isn't even near the bubble.
We will find out starting at 9 PM Sunday. I wish more people on these boards came out to see them & meet them. It's a program that all would be proud of. Very dedicated bunch.

We will find out starting at 9 PM Sunday. I wish more people on these boards came out to see them & meet them. It's a program that all would be proud of. Very dedicated bunch.

Definitely good to have a spring season with 3 teams playing in the NCAA tourney (MLax, WLax, and Softball). Certainly good for the Director's Cup standings. Would be nice to crack the top 50 this year. We've come a long, long way from the abysmal placings of 5-10 years ago (and beyond). Re: softball, I'm sure some are stressed from the Mens bball bubble years of 4 and 5 years ago, but there is no such worry with this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom