OT- JFK Airport | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT- JFK Airport

Good info. How long does it take you to take the E to AirTrain from MSG? An hour or so? Just curious.

About an hour. Maybe a little less. The worst part with the E is waiting for it to come. Seems to be really irregular and it doesn't have the arrival times. Once you get into Queens it goes express and the ride feels a lot faster. Regardless, can't go wrong for a $7.50 trip.

For some crazy reason, threads like this are wildly entertaining to me even though I have no opinion on the topic and there's zero percent applicability of the info.

Maybe too many allen/hunt discussions.
You just never know when this same topic might come up at a dinner party or a cocktail party. Who would be the expert then: You would.

Thanks for everyones help with this. Getting tickets tonight. Monday morning, flying out of LGA straight into Fairbanks looks like the winner.

You all might wanna pull out your drinking shoes, clean em up, maybe take em for a little test run. Mr and Mrs Cusetroop are coming to town!

Thanks for everyones help with this. Getting tickets tonight. Monday morning, flying out of LGA straight into Fairbanks looks like the winner.

You all might wanna pull out your drinking shoes, clean em up, maybe take em for a little test run. Mr and Mrs Cusetroop are coming to town!
LGA or Newark are good calls. Much easier. LGA is much smaller and less crazy than JFK.

Wow .. someone actually paid attention to something I said. I owe YOU a drink for that! (Seriously, that 11 am Monday flight out of LGA makes the most sense to me).

Every time I tell my wife of an escape from cross-town traffic, lie, gcp, tunnels or van wyck (obviously), I use this as a reference. She too is a big Seinfeld fan.

Reactions: cto
For some crazy reason, threads like this are wildly entertaining to me even though I have no opinion on the topic and there's zero percent applicability of the info.

Maybe too many allen/hunt discussions.

It's like a Friends or Seinfeld episode.

I remember going to NYC to visit a couple of high school buddies while I was still at ESF. It was shortly after the episode of Friends or Seinfeld where they went back and forth forever about what's the best train to take to nobody really cares, and a I swear to God the group of manhattanites we were hanging with got into it with each other doing the same exact thing. Of course the wife (live-in girlfriend at the time) were just sitting on the sidelines giggling about it.

Wow .. someone actually paid attention to something I said. I owe YOU a drink for that! (Seriously, that 11 am Monday flight out of LGA makes the most sense to me).

I learned at a young age to listen to smart people lol

I dare you

Hey now. What's the date?

I could use the same ploy mentioned earlier - bring the wife for snow and shopping in NYC, plus skating at Rockefeller Center. This might be the easiest scam I've ever deployed.

Hey now. What's the date?

I could use the same ploy mentioned earlier - bring the wife for snow and shopping in NYC, plus skating at Rockefeller Center. This might be the easiest scam I've ever deployed.
It's a beautiful scam. This might end up being one large posse.
December 15th.

I've never had a problem getting quickly through lines at Newark. And then once you are through TSA, your flight will most likely be delayed anyways :)

Whatever you do, DO NOT fly through Philly. That places sucks. Terrible. Got cancelled twice yesterday after being gone for 9 days so I rented a car and drove to my folks house outside Albany and finished my trip today.

And thus ends my travel rant for the day.

Whatever you do, DO NOT fly through Philly. That places sucks. Terrible. Got cancelled twice yesterday after being gone for 9 days so I rented a car and drove to my folks house outside Albany and finished my trip today.

And thus ends my travel rant for the day.

Coming home from Iraq, Philly was the last atop before Syracuse and short bus ride home. Winter storm. Spent 3 days sleeping on the floor of the Philly airport. The USO there is outstanding. They took care of my unit 24/7 until the last group of soldiers flew out. Cooked us meals, made sure we had pillows and blankets. Real stand up group of volunteers there.

Coming home from Iraq, Philly was the last atop before Syracuse and short bus ride home. Winter storm. Spent 3 days sleeping on the floor of the Philly airport. The USO there is outstanding. They took care of my unit 24/7 until the last group of soldiers flew out. Cooked us meals, made sure we had pillows and blankets. Real stand up group of volunteers there.
USO has a great reputation. That is why I support them. They are seriously under-appreciated

USO has a great reputation. That is why I support them.

We seriously would have lost it if it wasn't for them. All we wanted to do was get home. Shower.eat some real food... There were guys talking about just leaving and renting cars. They showed up, made us an amazing dinner. Had breakfast every morning. Someone was always there, if we woke up or couldn't sleep, always had someone to shoot the with. We couldn't thank them enough as we were leaving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom