OT: Kansas, yuck... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kansas, yuck...

Close the football program, or just drop it down to FCS. Kansas needs to get relegated.
They just put millions into a stadium refurbishment. How crazy is that?

We have one in the East, they have one in the Mid West - dumpster fire.

I live in Kansas so I've seen a lot of this up close and personal. They truly are the worst Power 5 program and it's not even close. The Kansas AD is a heck of a fundraiser but I have to wonder if he's going to get a chance to hire a third football coach after Charlie Weis and David Beaty. In Beaty's defense, Weis left the program an absolute mess when he recruited so many JUCOs who struck out. But there's not any evidence the program is going in the right direction at all.

Thank God they put that game on FOX over the Yankees in a Game 7.

The idiot that made that decision should be forced to buy Jayhawks football season tickets.

Those contracts are signed well in advance for the ALCS to be on FS 1 and college football to be on Fox. Not a nightly decision based on the circumstances.

They just put millions into a stadium refurbishment. How crazy is that?
69e0de66981d3c3d8d667ce788fbd7b7.jpg

Those contracts are signed well in advance for the ALCS to be on FS 1 and college football to be on Fox. Not a nightly decision based on the circumstances.

Indeed but Kansas?!! I have a friend/business cohort who went to KU and when I told him they were on national TV this week he said “Why?!”

I live in Kansas so I've seen a lot of this up close and personal. They truly are the worst Power 5 program and it's not even close. The Kansas AD is a heck of a fundraiser but I have to wonder if he's going to get a chance to hire a third football coach after Charlie Weis and David Beaty. In Beaty's defense, Weis left the program an absolute mess when he recruited so many JUCOs who struck out. But there's not any evidence the program is going in the right direction at all.

Yeah and the guy before him whiffed with Gill. When you are Kansas you can’t survive Gill and Weis back to back. Beaty is in a horrific position but they don’t look any better.

I heard Rutgers just filed a trademark for the slogan “At least we’re not Kansas”

Thank God they put that game on FOX over the Yankees in a Game 7.

The idiot that made that decision should be forced to buy Jayhawks football season tickets.

FS1 is on death's door. They need top tier programming or else that network is going under. Putting the ALCS on FS1 is smart. It's like knocking ABC/ESPN/Disney for putting the National Title Game in football on ESPN and not ABC. They do this for a reason as they need to keep the secondary channels strong or else they will die quickly.

As incredible is the FOX executive who decided to make Kansas-TCU it’s mational game of the week.

That was a stunning decision. It would have made a lot more sense to switch time slots with K State -Oklahoma which was the game right before the Kansas game.

It seemed like under Weis at least heading into season 3 that they were approaching being a mediocre average P5 team.

I'm not sure what their long range goal is there but that seems to be a massive step up from whatever it is they're putting on the field right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom