OT: Kansas, yuck... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kansas, yuck...

Probably should never have gotten rid of this guy

Mark-Mangino-John-Rieger.jpg

Mangino led them to a 12-1 season and a top 10 finish about 10 years ago.

Probably should never have gotten rid of this guy

Mark-Mangino-John-Rieger.jpg

Mangino led them to a 12-1 season and a top 10 finish about 10 years ago.

he did a great job, but he probably shouldn't have told his African American players to go back to the ghetto with their homies, or whatever stupid crap he said. The guy was a hell of a coach, but stupid can get you canned too

he did a great job, but he probably shouldn't have told his African American players to go back to the ghetto with their homies, or whatever stupid crap he said. The guy was a hell of a coach, but stupid can get you canned too

Yeah no doubt, I always got the impression from him that he was a pressure cooker waiting to burst.

Probably the bigger issue is that if they were going to make a change away from him, they should have been able to use the base he built up to springboard rather than drive the program straight into the ground. Turner Gill was such a lousy hire, I'm so glad we avoided that land mine.

Yeah no doubt, I always got the impression from him that he was a pressure cooker waiting to burst.

Probably the bigger issue is that if they were going to make a change away from him, they should have been able to use the base he built up to springboard rather than drive the program straight into the ground. Turner Gill was such a lousy hire, I'm so glad we avoided that land mine.

Oh I know, we made 2 bad hires out of 3 and that killed us, imagine going from GROB to Gill?

Oh I know, we made 2 bad hires out of 3 and that killed us, imagine going from GROB to Gill?

I don't know if the program would have recovered from that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom