Class of 2025 - OT Kardiear Shepherd (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OT Kardiear Shepherd (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

interesting tape. He is a legit 6’7 and has a good build. Not really skinny and not really fat.

His arms are really long.

He is flexible and does a fine job starting and staying low.

He is athletic and reasonably quick for his enormous size.

Seems pretty strong already. Though I suspect his weight lifting numbers are not where you want a top OL prospect to be at.

Bull rushes his guy a lot. His technique is not refined and it appears he is way further along as a run blocker than as a pass blocker.

There aren’t many guys his size that are athletic. If he is willing to work his butt off, I think he can play in the NFL. But it is going to take a lot of work on the practice field and in the weight room.
With that build and that arm length we are looking at a future tackle for sure

I am a casual observer of the football program. I dont feel like they have collected this many local commitments for a bit. Is this unusual or an unusually good class locally?

I am a casual observer of the football program. I dont feel like they have collected this many local commitments for a bit. Is this unusual or an unusually good class locally?
It feels very intentional on Fran's part. Whether that is appeasing some of the local coaches to build some bridges or we really believe these kids are underrated remains to be seen. But I will trust in Fran until I see reason not to at this point.

I think the big thing is that he's already proven he can land the big fishes, so none of these local players feel like desperation. It feels more like we want them.

It feels very intentional on Fran's part. Whether that is appeasing some of the local coaches to build some bridges or we really believe these kids are underrated remains to be seen. But I will trust in Fran until I see reason not to at this point.

I think the big thing is that he's already proven he can land the big fishes, so none of these local players feel like desperation. It feels more like we want them.
Fran said he wants measurables, size and speed that he can mold into his type of player.

Obviously Fran could aim higher out of the box.
But he's a wily one and seems to want a healthy mix of actualized players (higher rated skills) and moldable players (great potential w/stout "measurables").
Again, love the local angle.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Clearly a WIP (work in progress) recruit. To my uneducated eye, he looks like a guy who hasn't played..
like this was his 2nd season. He's got to be stronger, quicker off the snap and work on his pass blocking footwork. As mentioned by others...where are the post season awards? Can CNS develop an all state player in his senior season?

Clearly a WIP (work in progress) recruit. To my uneducated eye, he looks like a guy who hasn't played..
like this was his 2nd season. He's got to be stronger, quicker off the snap and work on his pass blocking footwork. As mentioned by others...where are the post season awards? Can CNS develop an all state player in his senior season?
You can coach technique, you can’t coach height, arm length, and a frame to train up.

You can coach technique, you can’t coach height, arm length, and a frame to train up.
agreed, I like what Fran is doing getting a nice blend of kids who are highly regarded and more sought after on the recruiting front combined with some kids who will need some more time and developed but they all have the measurables you would like to see for their positions. He's also100% committed to NY/ NJ as well as local CNY kids.

I can see Fran telling these kids that if they stay here and work on their craft and hit the gym like no tomarrow they can turn into something Jr. and Sr. season. He has measurables and length. Would think he has some more rokm to grow at this point also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom