OT - Knicks - do you take Melo/Chandler or George/Hibbert? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Knicks - do you take Melo/Chandler or George/Hibbert?

The last phrase I would use to describe the Knicks is "They are fun to watch".

Of the 8 teams left, I find them the least exciting by a mile.

Woodson's substitution patterns have also been odd.

I agree on KG - he played on two teams that had ANY chance of winning a title, and one of them won it and the other one lost in the 7th game of the finals (and he was post knee injury in that one). In his prime he is definitely a guy that you could win with as the clear #1. You just couldn't have Wally as the #2.

Yeah, in 2004 he got Spree and Cassell and people were like "finally he has some talent around him!". Cassell was good, but Spree was pretty meh, an d they still had a chance to make the finals until Cassell got hurt.

I think you might be underrating a Heat team with Melo-Bosh-Wade. The Heat would have the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players in that series

That's possible, though I think a healthy Chandler (and i'm tired of typing that phrase, btw) is a pretty good comp to Bosh. (They get there in different ways, granted) Miami would have 2 and 3, but Lebron IMO is worth more than the two of them combined. I also think a large part of the reason the Miami role players look so good is because they have Lebron setting them up. They can still get away with going small and playing Melo at the 4 if they didn't have lebron, but it isn't quite the same. And Lebron would make the knicks role players look a lot better as well.

The last phrase I would use to describe the Knicks is "They are fun to watch".

Which is a shame, because for large stretches of the season they were. Spread the floor, bomb 3's, etc. Certainly not now though.

And Woodson is absolutely killing me. Prigioni gets 3 minutes, Kidd, who hasn't scored in 8 games, gets 16. Copeland gets token minutes, hits a 3, and is pulled.

Oh, and Jason Kidd hasn't hit a shot since The Cold War ended

I love posts that have a preface. I also found it interesting you teamed Chandler with Melo for a trade. Yet everyone else was separated. I take Melo over every single player the Pacers have. I also find it interesting after the Knicks have been awful for the better part of 15 years you would blow up the team that made it to 2nd round of the playoffs. You sound like a true fan.
I love posts that question how much of a fan someone is for trying to start an objective discussion about a team.

Let me ask you a question... what is the goal of an NBA team in a major market like NY? Win the NBA title. Can the Knicks ever win a title with Melo and this team? Nope. That is why you blow the team up.

Professional sports is about building a team that has a window of contention, when that window is open you have to walk the fine line between doing everything you can to maximize how long the window stays open while minimizing the amount of time between the current window and next window when you are rebuilding. The problem with the Knicks is that this year and maybe next year is their window of contention with this collection players and they are only 4th best in their own conference behind the Heat, Pacers and Bulls and that won't change next year. A good GM sees this, blows it up and prepares for the next window... a bad GM says something like this: "I also find it interesting after the Knicks have been awful for the better part of 15 years you would blow up the team that made it to 2nd round of the playoffs." and rolls with the current squad screwing the future of the franchise for another decade in order to get to the second round again next year. Wohoo we made the 2nd round.

As has been pointed out, the Knicks would have to give Denver their first round pick next year anyway if they won the lottery.

Honestly, even if you want to blow it up, you basically need to sit through the next 2 years and then Melo, Chandler, and Stat come off the books. Your best bet is probably re-upping Melo and then hopefully you have the cap space to acquire another star.

I think he is destined to be Charles Barkley to Lebron's Jordan.
It's funny you say that... there is an article on Grantland titled who is the next Karl Malone (similar to your Charles Barkley reference) http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9251706/who-next-great-nba-player-not-win-nba-championship

What's interesting is Melo is not even mentioned in that top tier of superstars who Lebron blocked from winning a title. Here's the thing with Karl and Charles, they at least got teams to the point where they could say if it weren't for Mike we would have won the title... I'd add Patrick Ewing to this list as if it weren't for Mike I suspect he would have had a ring or two in the Riley days. I get the impression that right or wrong the NBA intellgensia doesn't even consider Melo to be enough of a title threat that they include him in a second best discussion.

As has been pointed out, the Knicks would have to give Denver their first round pick next year anyway if they won the lottery.

Honestly, even if you want to blow it up, you basically need to sit through the next 2 years and then Melo, Chandler, and Stat come off the books. Your best bet is probably re-upping Melo and then hopefully you have the cap space to acquire another star.
My pipe dream is that somehow they can get Chris Paul this summer, but I think they have screwed themselves. Unfortunately I think their only two tradeable assets are Shumpert and Chandler and this year's first rounder, so I'm not sure how they can clear enough cap space for Paul.

I love posts that question how much of a fan someone is for trying to start an objective discussion about a team.

Let me ask you a question... what is the goal of an NBA team in a major market like NY? Win the NBA title. Can the Knicks ever win a title with Melo and this team? Nope. That is why you blow the team up.

Professional sports is about building a team that has a window of contention, when that window is open you have to walk the fine line between doing everything you can to maximize how long the window stays open while minimizing the amount of time between the current window and next window when you are rebuilding. The problem with the Knicks is that this year and maybe next year is their window of contention with this collection players and they are only 4th best in their own conference behind the Heat, Pacers and Bulls and that won't change next year. A good GM sees this, blows it up and prepares for the next window... a bad GM says something like this: "I also find it interesting after the Knicks have been awful for the better part of 15 years you would blow up the team that made it to 2nd round of the playoffs." and rolls with the current squad screwing the future of the franchise for another decade in order to get to the second round again next year. Wohoo we made the 2nd round.
I agree with your basic premise - this team isn't anywhere near good enough to win a title. But, I think I agree with Knicks411 - keep Melo. Maybe next year someone will take Stat's expiring contract and you can get another star. Rondo could be available. Rondo-Shumpert (who I think could be really good) - Melo - Chandler (bigs age well). That isn't too far away if Shumpert becomes the guy I think he could...need another big for sure and maybe a Monta Ellis type as a third guard. This is so easy to construct from my keyboard btw...

a few thoughts on this thread...
1. Paul George turned 23 last week. He already averages more boards, assts, steals, and blocks than Melo. I'd still take Melo today because his ability to score is so rare, but it will be interesting to see George's evolution...his improvement from last year to this year is amazing.
2. Melo isn't playing great this postseason. But...this Knicks team kind of sucks (yes they beat my C's - congrats) and the construction of the team really sort of forces Melo to shoot 25 times a game minimum.
3. Trade Melo straight up for anyone in the league - would the Knicks win a title? I don't think so. I don't see LBJ and the rest of the Knicks beating a Melo-Wade-Bosh trio in Miami.
4. All this 1 vs 2 stuff is interesting, but it can be kind of misleading. EVERYONE needs good players around them. Shaq needed Kobe. Duncan, though clearly the '1' needed Parker and Ginobli - two underrated all-star talents. KG needed Pierce and Allen. LBJ needed Wade and Bosh. Dirk I suppose is sort of an exception...a team with a bunch of former stars (kidd, marion) and guys that all caught fire at once.

Anyway - can Melo win a title as the clear best player on a team? No. Few can. Can he win as part of a dynamic duo with a Paul? Or a Harden, Westbrook, etc? I still think so.

I think your 3rd point is interesting... can you trade Melo straight up for anyone in the league and still win the title? You are probably right, no you can't. The Knicks problem is they are paying Melo like he is a guy who you can build a team around when in reality it's looking like he would be an amazing complementary player but is never going to win anything as big dog (pun intentional). This is why the rest of the Knicks roster is so bad... they had to gut it in the first place to get Melo.

I think your 3rd point is interesting... can you trade Melo straight up for anyone in the league and still win the title? You are probably right, no you can't. The Knicks problem is they are paying Melo like he is a guy who you can build a team around when in reality it's looking like he would be an amazing complementary player but is never going to win anything as big dog (pun intentional). This is why the rest of the Knicks roster is so bad... they had to gut it in the first place to get Melo.

Let me start out by acknowledging up front that I despise the Knicks, and I'm pleased that the Pacers are taking them behind the woodshed in this series.

Just had to get that in.

But I don't think that the Knicks nucleus is as bad as some suggest--they have some quality pieces of the puzzle in place. Felton is a nice player, and I assume that they'll be able to keep Kidd around for another year or two in a diminished role, to add veteran leadership, stability, and poise. Shumpert is another nice, young piece of the puzzle.

Chandler is starting to get up there. I still think he has several good years left, and I wouldn't look to move him at that salary. Rebounders / defenders of his caliber aren't common, and he is one of the few players who is comfortable being only a complimentary player on offense, in terms of getting shots.

I honestly think that the problem is with the rest of the roster. And Knicks fans won't want to hear this after the year he just had, but Smith is too inconsistent to be relied upon. The Knicks best bet IMO is to move on from headcases like Smith and Martin [who admittedly has performed well since signing on late in the season], and start to fill the roster with less expensive role players who are better system fits. Give me a lunchpail guy like Landry any day over someone who is going to bitch at the refs and get distracted the first time a call doesn't go their way, or who are easily rendered non-contributors if they aren't scoring big.

Amare has to go. He might still have some trade value, but that contract is an albatross for what he's capable of providing. I think the Knicks best bet is to emulate a team like Indiana or Golden State or even San Antonio, and just start to flesh out the roster with quality depth guys. Two journeyman bigs who are content being role players will probably provide more value than Amare, provide way better depth / defense, and make a fraction of what he's tying up in salary cap.

Smith might be a better player and athlete than someone like JJ Redick [just as an example], but the latter would provide a lot more value as well as more consistent outside shooting. NY needs to load up on shooters and rotation bigs. If they do that, the depth will improve IMMENSELY [and injuries were a factor for NY this year], and get guys who can space the floor and balance the defense.

I tend to agree with what was stated above about Melo not being "good enough" to win a championship on his own. But that doesn't mean he CAN'T win a title--the key will be assembling the right supporting cast.

And also, with all due respect to Woodson, who has done a pretty good job there, I think you need a coach who has a better offensive game plan that running ten thousand isolations every game. At the very least, there has to be an assistant coach out there with top flight offensive teaching capabilities--maybe Woodson stays, but turns the reins over to an offensive guru to structure that part of what the Knicks do [similar to Doc Rivers having Thibodeau "run" the defense when he was in Boston].

Summarizing all of the above, I disagree somewhat with the OP that the roster needs to be blown up. The Knicks have the nucleus to be successful for several years. What they lack is depth, role players who fit the system, defensive oriented bigs, and shooters. Adding inexpensive free agents while supplementing with the draft [they'll be picking too low to add top caliber talents, but drafting solid role players like Shumpert will help flesh out the roster] can help them build the roster over the next 2-3 years, and take some of the burden off of Carmelo. Melo was lights out for a significant portion of the season, but the playoffs are a different animal. The defense is so much better, and he's trying to do too much. Maybe he wouldn't have to with a better supporting cast. My viewpoint on Melo as a pro is that less is more; he's always capable of putting up 40 any given night. But he'd probably be exponentially more dangerous scoring ~24 on a more balanced team, with other guys who can put the ball in the basket, where he doesn't have to be the focal point every possession.

I don't watch them that much but at least in the playoffs their guards aren't close to championship caliber. They don't do much out there. Kidd as noted above isn't an NBA player anymore. Felton I don't know what he's doing often. Same with Shumpert who is more of a defender and what Paul Harris should've/could've been. They can't orchestrate anything and it dosn't help that Melo dosn't move much without the ball.

Look at the guards left on the playoff teams. They are having problems even with Hill-Stephenson. I would even put Norris Cole and Chalmers on the Knicks and they would be better, imo. JR Smith also dosn't do anything besides score. I think the Pacers guards are just better all around players. Same with most of their team.

Aside from his basketball talent, Melo sells jerseys and tickets - remember how much ticket prices went up after Melo was in the fold? He's absolutely a franchise corner stone. Melo's teams always make the playoffs - that means more revenue. A team with Melo is a relevant team.

There are 30 teams in the league. One wins the championship. The odds aren't in your favor to win it. They just aren't, and you don't know how things will work out. There's some luck involved.

People had the same questions about Dirk, and then his team got hot. You want to point a finger, point it at Mike D'Antoni. He ran Stoudemire into the ground, and the Knicks are going to pay for years for the little bit of short term success that gave them.

And Knicks fans won't want to hear this after the year he just had, but Smith is too inconsistent to be relied upon.

I'm not sure you will get much argument from Knicks fans on this one.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. But I think Amare is pretty much just unmoveable.

Let me start out by acknowledging up front that I despise the Knicks, and I'm pleased that the Pacers are taking them behind the woodshed in this series.

Just had to get that in.

But I don't think that the Knicks roster is as bad as some suggest--they have some quality pieces of the puzzle in place. Felton is a nice player, and I assume that they'll be able to keep Kidd around for another year or two in a diminished role, to add veteran leadership, stability, and poise.

Chandler is starting to get up there. I still think he has several good years left, and I wouldn't look to move him at that salary. Rebounders / defenders of his caliber aren't common, and he is one of the few players who is comfortable being only a complimentary player on offense, in terms of getting shots.

I honestly think that the problem is with the rest of the roster. Shumpert is another nice, young piece of the puzzle. And Knicks fans won't want to hear this after the year he just had, but Smith is too inconsistent to be relied upon. The Knicks best bet IMO is to move on from headcases like Smith and Martin [who admittedly has performed well since signing on late in the season], and start to fill the roster with less expensive role players who are better system fits. Give me a lunchpail guy like Landry any day over someone who is going to bitch at the refs and get distracted the first time a call doesn't go their way, or who are easily rendered non-contributors if they aren't scoring big.

Amare has to go. He might still have some trade value, but that contract is an albatross for what he's capable of providing. I think the Knicks best bet is to emulate a team like Indiana or Golden State or even San Antonio, and just start to flesh out the roster with quality depth guys. Two journeyman bigs who are content being role players will probably provide more value than Amare, provide way better depth / defense, and make a fraction of what he's tying up in salary cap.

Smith might be a better player and athlete than someone like JJ Redick [just as an example], but the latter would provide a lot more value as well as more consistent outside shooting. NY needs to load up on shooters and rotation bigs. If they do that, the depth will improve IMMENSELY [and injuries were a factor for NY this year], and get guys who can space the floor and balance the defense.

I tend to agree with what was stated above about Melo not being "good enough" to win a championship on his own. But that doesn't mean he CAN'T win a title--the key will be assembling the right supporting cast.

And also, with all due respect to Woodson, who has done a pretty good job there, I think you need a coach who has a better offensive game plan that running ten thousand isolations every game. At the very least, there has to be an assistant coach out there with top flight offensive teaching capabilities--maybe Woodson stays, but turns the reins over to an offensive guru to structure that part of what the Knicks do [similar to Doc Rivers having Thibodeau "run" the defense when he was in Boston].

Summarizing all of the above, I disagree somewhat with the OP that the roster needs to be blown up. The Knicks have the nucleus to be successful for several years. What they lack is depth, role players who fit the system, defensive oriented bigs, and shooters. Adding inexpensive free agents while supplementing with the draft [they'll be picking too low to add top caliber talents, but drafting solid role players like Shumpert will help flesh out the roster] can help them build the roster over the next 2-3 years, and take some of the burden off of Carmelo. Melo was lights out for a significant portion of the season, but the playoffs are a different animal. The defense is so much better, and he's trying to do too much. Maybe he wouldn't have to with a better supporting cast. My viewpoint on Melo as a pro is that less is more; he's always capable of putting up 40 any given night. But he'd probably be exponentially more dangerous scoring ~24 on a more balanced team, with other guys who can put the ball in the basket, where he doesn't have to be the focal point every possession.

RF, I think you are underestimating how poorly the Knicks roster is constructed right now. The only reason they have JR and Martin is because no one else wanted them and they got them for cheap. I agree with you JR sucks and needs to go, the reality is he is probably gone no matter what because the Knicks can't afford to keep him. Kidd is basically disintegrating as an NBA player in front of our eyes... he can't hit a jump shot to save his life right now.

The have Melo at 24MM, STAT at 23MM and Chandler at 14MM for a total of $61MM next year and the salary cap is at $70MM. Now of course they can pay the cap penalty each year, but the bigger problem is that with the new CBA teams have real penalties that really limit player acquisition ability for teams that are consistent cap violators, you can't just pay your way out of it anymore. The Knicks really messed up when they amnestied Billups instead of Amare and they are going to keep paying for it for at least two more years by which time their window and Melo's as a go-to guy on a contender will be firmly shut. Sadly they can't even blow up the team if they wanted to unless they were willing to let Melo and Chandler go because no one really wants any of the rest of their pieces.

Cap is actually gonna be about $60 million, luxury tax was $70 million.

Amare is killing them. They tried to trade Billups before they got chandler, but they couldn't find a taker so they had to amnesty him. That hurts right now.

a few thoughts on this thread...
1. Paul George turned 23 last week. He already averages more boards, assts, steals, and blocks than Melo. I'd still take Melo today because his ability to score is so rare, but it will be interesting to see George's evolution...his improvement from last year to this year is amazing.
2. Melo isn't playing great this postseason. But...this Knicks team kind of sucks (yes they beat my C's - congrats) and the construction of the team really sort of forces Melo to shoot 25 times a game minimum.
3. Trade Melo straight up for anyone in the league - would the Knicks win a title? I don't think so. I don't see LBJ and the rest of the Knicks beating a Melo-Wade-Bosh trio in Miami.
4. All this 1 vs 2 stuff is interesting, but it can be kind of misleading. EVERYONE needs good players around them. Shaq needed Kobe. Duncan, though clearly the '1' needed Parker and Ginobli - two underrated all-star talents. KG needed Pierce and Allen. LBJ needed Wade and Bosh. Dirk I suppose is sort of an exception...a team with a bunch of former stars (kidd, marion) and guys that all caught fire at once.

Anyway - can Melo win a title as the clear best player on a team? No. Few can. Can he win as part of a dynamic duo with a Paul? Or a Harden, Westbrook, etc? I still think so.

I agree with most of this, but just pointing out that for at least 1 or 2 of his titles, Duncan didnt really need anyone else. It was basically the same as when Dirk beat Miami.

Cap is actually gonna be about $60 million, luxury tax was $70 million.

Amare is killing them. They tried to trade Billups before they got chandler, but they couldn't find a taker so they had to amnesty him. That hurts right now.

Ah, I was just about to ask who they used their amnesty on because I assumed Amare would have been gone a long time ago if it were available.

I feel like there is a team out there that will take his salary so that they can tank while still making their salary look like they're trying lol. When does his contract expire? I've been wanting Milwaukee to tank for a long time lol. I just know they're going to bring back Jennings, Redick and add Josh Smith or Andre Iguodala though. It's just inevitable.

If they had the amnesty available I don't th ink they would've used it on him yet. There still seems to be the idea out there that he is an elite player. Maybe this summer they would use it.

He has 2 years left after this one

Like I said earlier, by that line of thinking Memphis should've blown it all up last summer. "OKC has Durant and Westbrook and just went to the finals so we can't beat them, and we just lost to the Clippers so we'll automatically lose to them in the coming years too, and oh the Lakers have Kobe, Howard, Nash, and Gasol now so we're destined to be 4th or 5th in the conference and will never break through"...

Like I said earlier, by that line of thinking Memphis should've blown it all up last summer. "OKC has Durant and Westbrook and just went to the finals so we can't beat them, and we just lost to the Clippers so we'll automatically lose to them in the coming years too, and oh the Lakers have Kobe, Howard, Nash, and Gasol now so we're destined to be 4th or 5th in the conference and will never break through"...

Not a bad point, though if you remember the reaction around the time of the Gay trade, the coach, among others, seemed to think they had begun to blow it up

To be sure, I am a Knick fan but this simply cannot be entirely laid at 'melo's feet. Their center is averaging more fouls than rebounds and is playing top shelf knucklehead ball. The second option is shooting like he just saw a ball for the first time last week, their PF is just getting back, the pg can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle these last few games, and the coach is being severely out coached. It's not too hard to defend one guy when nobody else on the damn team can hit an open jump shot..of which they got plenty of last night. People like to pretend that its just the Pacers outclassing the Knicks but they seem to have forgotten that NY beat them like a drum when they played for home court advantage. The only differences are health and the fact that NY is just not playing/shooting well now. Also, NY never gets any respect from the officials. When they foul, it gets called. When the Pacers foul, which they do on almost every possession, there is silence. When Reggie Miller says they blow a call, you know they are bad. It's not just the NY games, either. The whole playoffs have been very poorly officiated to the point that they resemble pro wrestling more than basketball. Hasn't the league offices noticed that scoring is at the lowest level in years? Boring, boring stuff. Oh yeah...and does anyone really believe the Pacers are actually getting thrown/knocked to the ground a dozen times a game? Sorry for the rant.

Not a bad point, though if you remember the reaction around the time of the Gay trade, the coach, among others, seemed to think they had begun to blow it up
Exactly... they got lucky that the Ewing rule is in full effect here and they hot much better after trading their "superstar"... there's a great article about Mike Conley on grantland which talks about how the Grizzlies are much better without Gay because it opens up the floor for Conley and Gasol.

Sure that's the black and white view of it... in the normal world which is 50 shades of grey... you honestly assess your current roster and decide whether or not you have a realistic shot at winning a title. If the answer is no you have to decide what your real goal is, are you happy with being a 45 to 50 win team and getting to the second or 3rd round of the playoffs each year before losing and maybe if lightning strikes and a major player gets hurt (see Westbrook, Russell) having a shot at the finals. The problem for the Knicks is they don't play in Memphis, they have to decide whether their current squad with some minor tweaking is good enough to contend for the title year in year out and unfortunately there is no minor tweaking this team can do in the next two years because their salary cap is shot to hell and back.

Sure that's the black and white view of it... in the normal world which is 50 shades of grey... you honestly assess your current roster and decide whether or not you have a realistic shot at winning a title. If the answer is no you have to decide what your real goal is, are you happy with being a 45 to 50 win team and getting to the second or 3rd round of the playoffs each year before losing and maybe if lightning strikes and a major player gets hurt (see Westbrook, Russell) having a shot at the finals. The problem for the Knicks is they don't play in Memphis, they have to decide whether their current squad with some minor tweaking is good enough to contend for the title year in year out and unfortunately there is no minor tweaking this team can do in the next two years because their salary cap is shot to hell and back.
I think you are right, but I still think you keep Melo. He has maybe 3 more prime years, and then another 2-3 of 'late prime' where he can be a key piece of a contender. That is what Ainge did - he hung on to Pierce in 2006 while he was about the same age as Melo is now and he accumulated assets - mainly draft picks and expiring contracts. He got lucky (or maybe it was skill) when one of the picks turned into a very marketable young big man (Al Jefferson), another one turned into an all star point guard (Rondo), another turned into a starting center (Perk). Then he flipped Jefferson and the contracts (theo ratcliff etc) for KG, and flipped the #5 pick in the 2008 draft for Ray Allen, and they were off to the races. I'd advocate the same approach if I was a Knicks fan. Keep Melo. Keep Shumpert. Evaluate the marketability of everyone else. Could you get a mid first rounder and an expiring contract for Felton? Chandler (sorry 411)? Let everyone else go. Hope you win 25 games next year and are in play for Wiggins, Smart, or one of the KY frosh (or flip the pick) Will Melo be happy? No...just like Kobe wasn't when the Lakers wouldn't trade Bynum for Jason Kidd, just like Pierce wasn't when the C's dumped Antoine Walker. But this is a 3 year project. Now speaking of the Celtics...we are pretty much in the same boat except our only major asset is coming off an ACL...

I think you are right, but I still think you keep Melo. He has maybe 3 more prime years, and then another 2-3 of 'late prime' where he can be a key piece of a contender. That is what Ainge did - he hung on to Pierce in 2006 while he was about the same age as Melo is now and he accumulated assets - mainly draft picks and expiring contracts. He got lucky (or maybe it was skill) when one of the picks turned into a very marketable young big man (Al Jefferson), another one turned into an all star point guard (Rondo), another turned into a starting center (Perk). Then he flipped Jefferson and the contracts (theo ratcliff etc) for KG, and flipped the #5 pick in the 2008 draft for Ray Allen, and they were off to the races. I'd advocate the same approach if I was a Knicks fan. Keep Melo. Keep Shumpert. Evaluate the marketability of everyone else. Could you get a mid first rounder and an expiring contract for Felton? Chandler (sorry 411)? Let everyone else go. Hope you win 25 games next year and are in play for Wiggins, Smart, or one of the KY frosh (or flip the pick) Will Melo be happy? No...just like Kobe wasn't when the Lakers wouldn't trade Bynum for Jason Kidd, just like Pierce wasn't when the C's dumped Antoine Walker. But this is a 3 year project. Now speaking of the Celtics...we are pretty much in the same boat except our only major asset is coming off an ACL...

Unfortunately as others have pointed out if the Knicks win the pick that pick goes to the Nuggets as a result of that trade that got Melo in NYC in the first place.

I think the only way the Melo wins a title in NYC is if he, Chandler and Amare all take a pay cut so the Knicks can get out of cap hell and get some real players. For the record Melo makes $22MM and $24MM over the next two years, Amare will make $21MM and $23MM... for comparison purposes Lebron will make $19MM and $20MM over that same period. So Melo needs to decide what it's going to be title or the benjamins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom