OT- Knicks playing pretty well so far nm | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Knicks playing pretty well so far nm

Wow, you think with Lin, now they will beat the Bulls and possibly the Heat in 7 game series' ?
Ive never been high on the Bulls. Anything is possible, did you think Dallas could beat Miami...obvi Miami would be favored.

Not just Lin, I also love the JR Smith signing and I think he will pay huge dividends.

If we can win the Atlantic and get the 3 seed. I would bet money that we face Miami in the ECF. I think we will be better than Chicago come playoff time.

Hope you are right, but that is a lot of improvement. Chicago is really good. Also, it may be tough to get the Atlantic. The March schedule is brutal, something like 17 games in 28 days? The talent is there though.

Also in reference to Bron and Wade missing bunnies, they also made a ton of difficult shots (Wade floater in the lane with Fields in his jersey and Lebron fadeaway with Melo all over him to name some)

Sure, but you're also talking about Lebron and Wade; they can make tough shots.

Also we will have Iman Shumpert back on defense which is a huge help against an athletic team like Miami.

Yes, times 1000. And our defense is actually pretty good this year, which is hard to accept, but the numbers are there.

hey, i was excited for linsanity as the rest of them, but lets be honest. hes an undrafted FA, who was cut by 3 teams.

to think he woke up 1 morning and became chris paul is/was ludicrous.

He is a solid player, will be fine, but long term I don't think he is a superstar, he will have a nice career as a back up or even as a starter for some time, I just don't think he has the physical tools to do it over an 82 game season, not taking anything away from the kid

Hope you are right, but that is a lot of improvement. Chicago is really good. Also, it may be tough to get the Atlantic. The March schedule is brutal, something like 17 games in 28 days? The talent is there though.

Sure, but you're also talking about Lebron and Wade; they can make tough shots.

Yes, times 1000. And our defense is actually pretty good this year, which is hard to accept, but the numbers are there.
You just have to go on potential at this point and assume that the ridiculous talent on this team will come together. Obviously if Lin gets shut down by good defenses (Miami/Chicago) or Melo/Amare continue to play like crap we wont be going anywhere. You have to think all three of them will adjust and get better.

Miami's defense was brilliant. They saw that without a point guard the Knicks are a headless horsemen so they came out and said they want to "cut the head off the snake". They attacked Lin/Baron like freakin lions hunting in the jungle. Combined 1 for 18 with a bunch of turnovers. Wow. The Knicks better figure out a counter for the PG hawking defense Miami put out there.

I have to admit, I am a tad worried about Amare. he hasn't been the same since his back injury.

There is definitely a lot of talent there, but I think they are going to really need to coalesce to beat Chicago. (Assuming it even gets there, if we are int he 4-5 series then we will likely never see them).

I have to admit, I am a tad worried about Amare. he hasn't been the same since his back injury.

There is definitely a lot of talent there, but I think they are going to really need to coalesce to beat Chicago. (Assuming it even gets there, if we are int he 4-5 series then we will likely never see them).
Amare has been horrible this year. No other way around it. Right now, hes a max contract role player.

hes becoming very late 90s early 00s ewingesque in his movements. it is quite the concern.

Yeah, especially since late 90's Ewing was in his mid to late 30's, and Amare hasn't hit 30 yet. Very concerning.

It was frustrating because I actually thought Melo moved pretty well last night but when he got in the lane there were 3-4 guys waiting for him...

Amare is broken.

It was frustrating because I actually thought Melo moved pretty well last night but when he got in the lane there were 3-4 guys waiting for him...

Amare is broken.
Yea it was, Miami is insanely athletic and quick combined with the fact that the Knicks starting lineup has no shooters. Fields is a disaster against Miami and Amare and Chandler just clog the lane together.

Kaiser - it's okay that you only watched him play in 1 game. However, it's not alright to pretend you know what your talking about as a result of having watched 1 game.
hey sport, i havnt missed a game all year. right down to dvring a game if its on opposite the Orange and then starting from the tip.

lin has nice backup talent.

hes becoming very late 90s early 00s ewingesque in his movements. it is quite the concern.

The worst part is that we can't unload his contract (if it came to that). Can't get insurance for it. No one is taking it.

We have to hope he just gets back in the groove, but it's not looking great.

I was hoping they could keep the amnesty clause around if they needed to use it on Amare, but I can't complain about getting Chandler.

hey sport, i havnt missed a game all year. right down to dvring a game if its on opposite the Orange and then starting from the tip.

lin has nice backup talent.

Sport? You must be my grandfather - I think you've been sending the birthday and christmas presents to the wrong address because I haven't been receiving them. Maybe you should sit closer to the TV if you say your watching all the games.

Amare for Thompson, Francisco Garcia, and Donte works on the trade machine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom