OT- Knicks playing pretty well so far nm | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Knicks playing pretty well so far nm

the Knicks need a starting point guard. in the last 2 weeks theyve found a great backup.

the Knicks need a starting point guard. in the last 2 weeks theyve found a great backup.

Baron Davis hasn't been playing for 2 weeks

He is like 6 inches taller than JJ barea.

Guy has one bad game and people are bailing on him.
hey, i was excited for linsanity as the rest of them, but lets be honest. hes an undrafted FA, who was cut by 3 teams.

to think he woke up 1 morning and became chris paul is/was ludicrous.

Geez, I was as disappointed in Lin last night as the rest of you but the Heat shut down Derrick Rose last year in the playoffs and have beaten everyone in the past month by double digits. Lin just came off what some said was his best game as a Knick against Atlanta. He got beat down by Miami, they physically assaulted him and made him look like a girl scout, it was that bad, but im not giving up on him. Baron Davis didnt look any better.

The Knicks are 3 games into this season with all their pieces. They will have basically a week of practice after the ASB. Lin will get better, JR Smith will take over the shooting guard spot, Melo will shake the rust, hoping Amare does as well and Tyson will anchor the Center spot. Baron hopefully regains his form and leads the second unit, Fields imo is a bench player (but a good one at that), Shumpert will be very helpful against Miami because the dude is as athletic as the Miami guys and can guard D-Wade. Novak is our shooter off the bench, JJ is our defensive back up and Harrellson will be our stretch 4 or 5. This team has the talent to contend, they just need some time.

Miami is next level right now compared to everyone in the NBA, Chicago and OKC included. They are obviously the favorites but as the season goes on I am confident that the Knicks will gel, find their roles, win the Atlantic division and join Chicago and OKC as the third team that could possibly take down Miami. (Maybe the Lakers can contend if they get a point guard)

Only thing that worries me right now is that I think its obvious that the Knicks are a better team with Jeffries in the game over Amare. That has to change.

hey, i was excited for linsanity as the rest of them, but lets be honest. hes an undrafted FA, who was cut by 3 teams.

to think he woke up 1 morning and became chris paul is/was ludicrous.

There is a long way from Chris Paul to backup.

He is like 6 inches taller than JJ barea.

Guy has one bad game and people are bailing on him.

Just because they are different height doesn't mean they don't play similarly. Comparing Lin to JJ Barea is a compliment.

He needs to get better going left and reduce TOs, but he's really solid. But they can't rely/expect 20 ppg from him over the course of a season (not that they need to).

One thing I noticed was that noone seemed to come to the ball when they hedged and doubled on his PnR plays. Melo or someone needs to come get the ball and attack, then you have a 4 on 3 if you go to the basket. There was one play when Lin was stuck after he picked up his dribble...again...and Melo just stood there calling for the ball on an iso play. No way Lin could make that pass, go get the friggin ball.

Also it needs to be addressed that Lin/Fields/Melo/Amare/Chandler is a lineup that doesnt compliment each other AT ALL. Maybe they can figure it out but I think JR needs to start over Fields or Novak needs to start over Amare and since that wont happen JR needs to start. Lin has an ok shot but is running the point, Landry Fields may be the worst shooting, shooting guard...EVER. Melo and Amare have the same game since Amare is incapable of posting up and Chandler occupies the paint. Everything in this offense is inside the three point line. No wonder Melo gets blocked by Joel Anthony 5 times last night.

Just because they are different height doesn't mean they don't play similarly. Comparing Lin to JJ Barea is a compliment.

He needs to get better going left and reduce TOs, but he's really solid. But they can't rely/expect 20 ppg from him over the course of a season (not that they need to).

Agreed. I don't see how the guy has been exposed as a backup is all. He was amazing for 10-12 games. He had an awful game against a great defense, on the road.

Knicks played terrible on the road and lost to the hottest team in the NBA by 12. Nothing to see here...

Knicks played terrible on the road and lost to the hottest team in the NBA by 12. Nothing to see here...
Im actually shocked they kept it a game for as long as they did. They played horrible basketball for a while meanwhile the Heat came at them with fire in their eyes.

Kaiser - it's okay that you only watched him play in 1 game. However, it's not alright to pretend you know what your talking about as a result of having watched 1 game.

Agreed. I don't see how the guy has been exposed as a backup is all. He was amazing for 10-12 games. He had an awful game against a great defense, on the road.

That Miami team was primed for him. He'll bounce back. They take advantage of teams that turn the ball over better than anyone.

The Knicks are rounding into a nice team. Would like to avoid Miami or Chicago in round 1 in the playoffs, but who knows.

Im actually shocked they kept it a game for as long as they did. They played horrible basketball for a while meanwhile the Heat came at them with fire in their eyes.

15 TO in the first half (how is that possible?) and they were only down 4. Gotta be happy with that. Second half, not so much.

Yeah...wasn't a bash at all!!

I think he could be an elite backup PG/sixth man on a championship team = I think he sucks?

Bron and Wade didnt play great offensive games. Missed a lot of bunnies they usually make.

I don't think Mia/NY will be much of a playoff series, if it comes to that. How is NY going to get enough stops to win 4 games against Bron and Wade?

That Miami team was primed for him. He'll bounce back. They take advantage of teams that turn the ball over better than anyone.

The Knicks are rounding into a nice team. Would like to avoid Miami or Chicago in round 1 in the playoffs, but who knows.
If we can win the Atlantic and get the 3 seed. I would bet money that we face Miami in the ECF. I think we will be better than Chicago come playoff time.

Bron and Wade didnt play great offensive games. Missed a lot of bunnies they usually make.

I don't think Mia/NY will be much of a playoff series, if it comes to that. How is NY going to get enough stops to win 4 games against Bron and Wade?
NY's defense has been pretty good this year. For once I actually think they can stop someone when they need to.

Also in reference to Bron and Wade missing bunnies, they also made a ton of difficult shots (Wade floater in the lane with Fields in his jersey and Lebron fadeaway with Melo all over him to name some) and when Miami had an open shot they did not miss. The Knicks outside of Novak missed a ton of open shots.

Also we will have Iman Shumpert back on defense which is a huge help against an athletic team like Miami.

NY's defense has been pretty good this year. For once I actually think they can stop someone when they need to.

Also in reference to Bron and Wade missing bunnies, they also made a ton of difficult shots (Wade floater in the lane with Fields in his jersey and Lebron fadeaway with Melo all over him to name some) and when Miami had an open shot they did not miss. The Knicks outside of Novak missed a ton of open shots.

Also we will have Iman Shumpert back on defense which is a huge help against an athletic team like Miami.

Wow, you think with Lin, now they will beat the Bulls and possibly the Heat in 7 game series' ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom