OT - Lakers Cavs | Syracusefan.com

OT - Lakers Cavs

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Anyone catch this gem tonight? The Lakers started the game with only 8 players. Two guys got hurt, which put them down to only 6 players. Then they had two players foul out. By NBA rule, you have to have 5 guys on the floor, so Sacre's sixth foul was also a technical foul, and any subsequent fouls he committed would be a technical foul. With all that, the Lakers still won easily. Poor Cleveland.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chica...players-had-2-of-them-injured-and-2-foul-out/

Capture33-480x268.jpg

Oh and nice game from Wes with 20 points and 9 boards. Of course he did play 41 minutes. Dion continues to struggle. 6 points on 3-11 shooting.

that's not what LA needed. On a side note I'm loving this free fall down the standings. Last I checked they'd have the #6 pick. Even in the Ceballos/Threat era and the lost Kobe years they were barely in the lottery. This could be the first time I've seen them in the lottery top 10. I'd feel much better about the pick if Jerry West was still around. I'm worried Kupchack will screw it up.

laker fan. wasnt happy about tonite, they won. they need to lose every game.

That is an interesting scenario. Was it just the last guy to foul out that gets this treatment where he can keep playing but there are techs after that? I wonder could they just pick from any of their guys who had fouled out to get that treatment? I mean all fouled out players are equally fouled out, right?

That is an interesting scenario. Was it just the last guy to foul out that gets this treatment where he can keep playing but there are techs after that? I wonder could they just pick from any of their guys who had fouled out to get that treatment? I mean all fouled out players are equally fouled out, right?
If Sacre was DQ'd the Lakers would have had 4 players, which you can't have; so they had to keep Sacre in.

I think you were implying if LeBron had 6 fouls could the Heat just keep him in? I don't think they could, as long as they had at least 1 healthy player on the bench.

The NBA would just rather keep counting Sacre's fouls as a technical as well as opposed to ending the game because the Lakers had 4 players.

No I think he's saying that could they have brought one of their other players who had fouled out in instead of Sacre? (Think they only had one other guy foul out). But I believe it has to be the last guy to foul out.

Im assuming those technicals dont count toward your personal total for the year?

My question is: how could the Lakers be in the situation where they're only dressing 8 players for a game?

Cavs as per usual were down 20 or so already in the 2nd Q. Kyrie and Dion allowed Blake to get a triple-double. Opposing PGs feast on those two. Offensively Dion and Kyrie were horrendous. They checked out mentally weeks ago. Chris Grant, Mike Brown, Kyrie/Dion/Bennett are getting killed in the media here and rightly so.

My question is: how could the Lakers be in the situation where they're only dressing 8 players for a game?

Yeah that was my question. Especially cause they just got 2 or 3 guys back from injury.
Though checking the box, Nash was a DNP CD.

And there is this

Jordan Hill, PFDNP CERVICAL STRAIN

Yeah that was my question. Especially cause they just got 2 or 3 guys back from injury.
Though checking the box, Nash was a DNP CD.

And there is this

Jordan Hill, PFDNP CERVICAL STRAIN

Its just weird. I can see being down a player or two due to illness, unexpected injury, somebody being called away due to family circumstances, etc. That type of stuff happens. But there is a big difference between dressing 10-11 players and 8.

Couldn't they shift somebody over from IR, or call up an NBDL player, or sign some FA to a 10 day? Poor logistical management on the Lakers' part.

They may have been trying to save a little money by only having 12 guys on the roster? You'd think for the Lakers that isn't an issue, but maybe not. Or maybe a guy was ruled out real close to the start of the game and they didn't have time to call someone up if they have anyone in the D-League.

I remember the Knicks dressing 8 guys in the 97 playoffs because of all the fight related suspensions, but that's obviously a different story.

Its just weird. I can see being down a player or two due to illness, unexpected injury, somebody being called away due to family circumstances, etc. That type of stuff happens. But there is a big difference between dressing 10-11 players and 8.

Couldn't they shift somebody over from IR, or call up an NBDL player, or sign some FA to a 10 day? Poor logistical management on the Lakers' part.

The Lakers tried to tank the game and the Cavs screwed it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom