OT - Lebron was a -32 tonight! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Lebron was a -32 tonight!

I swear I'm the only person born in the 1970s or 1980s that doesn't treat a slight towards Michael Jordan as if it's someone insulting my own mother.

sounds like the reaction of half the posters here when someone has the gall to criticize or question The King.

Funny enouh despite Lebron shooting 2 for 13 to start they were only down 6 at half. They got killed by 9 points and 21 in the last two quarters. If San Antonio wins easily next game at home everybody and their grandma will pick the spurs.

I don't get why anyone thought the Finals would be a cakewalk for the Heat to begin with. They really almost lost the Eastern Conference Finals to the Pacers, and you can argue the Spurs had to play better competition in the Warriors and Grizzlies. Besides the Golden State series, the Spurs have pretty much had a cakewalk through the playoffs.

The Lebron hype machine is at the highest it has ever been, and while he was great in the regular season, I don't think hes had a "playoffs for the ages". He was much better last year in the playoffs. Maybe the wear and tear has taken it's toll. I guarantee if it was the Knicks in the finals and Carmelo had the line Lebron did last night, this entire board and the media would be killing him. I get that Lebron is a great player, but he is not transcendent. He hasn't even reached Kobe, Bird, or Magic level yet, let alone Jordan. Let's see how the rest of this series shakes out, but I'll take the Spurs in 6.

Were a lot of people picking Miami in a walk? I don't think, I'm pretty sure the general consensus was someone in a close series.

The Lebron hype machine is at the highest it has ever been, and while he was great in the regular season, I don't think hes had a "playoffs for the ages". He was much better last year in the playoffs.

I would agree that, especially with the last 3 games, that he was better in the last playoffs. Of course, he was at an otherworldly level in the playoffs last year. Averaged 30-10-6 on 50% shooting. He's now down to 25-8-7 on 49% shooting for this playoffs.

I guarantee if it was the Knicks in the finals and Carmelo had the line Lebron did last night, this entire board and the media would be killing him.

Probably true. Hell, if Lebron had this game last year, people would be killing him. The title last year bought him some rope.

He hasn't even reached Kobe, Bird, or Magic level yet, let alone Jordan.

I would not put kobe in the class with those other guys. Lebron has only not reached Kobe's level if you're talking about
career accomplishments, since he hasn't played as long. But I think the other 3 guys you mentioned are all among the top 7 or 8 players of all time; I don't quite have Kobe at that level.

I feel like these last few weeks of the playoffs have been a rollercoaster. If Miami wins the next game, it's going to shift to how it's inevitable that Miami is going to win the title, Lebron is going to reach Jordan, etc.

Probably you're right, but cna you imagine him driving without all the hand checking?

I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought well say Jordan was getting by his man with ease, would it matter if a team like SA had 2 or 3 guys waiting for him in the paint when he did. Jordan was an unbelievable player and obviously would have adjusted but its fun to think about.

I'm a big believer in that its almost impossible to compare players from different generations. The style of play changes so much and the game changes as well. I mean Bill Russell has an untouchable resume with his rings and player coach etc. but if people want to get nit picky would a 6'9 215 lb center have the same impact blocking shots in the middle today as he would have back then? No knock on Bill Russell just used that as an example. He's no doubt an all time great and one of the best of all time.

I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought well say Jordan was getting by his man with ease, would it matter if a team like SA had 2 or 3 guys waiting for him in the paint when he did. Jordan was an unbelievable player and obviously would have adjusted but its fun to think about.

I'm a big believer in that its almost impossible to compare players from different generations. The style of play changes so much and the game changes as well. I mean Bill Russell has an untouchable resume with his rings and player coach etc. but if people want to get nit picky would a 6'9 215 lb center have the same impact blocking shots in the middle today as he would have back then? No knock on Bill Russell just used that as an example. He's no doubt an all time great and one of the best of all time.

Imagine Bill Russell trying to guard Shaq. Would have been no contest.

Not a lot different than him having to guard Wilt.

Someone older than me can certainly challenge this but I don't think he had much of an offensive game. Plus, how is he going to back 300 pounds of The Diesel down into the paint? Russell was painfully thin.

Wilt didn't have much of an offensive game?

Anyway, Shaq is way bigger than Wilt, poundage wise.

Wilt didn't have much of an offensive game?

Anyway, Shaq is way bigger than Wilt, poundage wise.

Not to my memory but I was pretty young. I recall him being more of a defensive player. Like I said someone much older is free to correct me.

Chamberlain is the only player in NBA history to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game in a season, a feat he accomplished nine times. He is also the only player to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game over the entire course of his NBA career.
He was about 275 in his prime, but I think he must have been over 300 when he was with the Lakers.

Wilt was one reason I fell in love with basketball. Surprisingly enough, I was once young and when I was a kid I loved the old "NBA on CBS" when Wilt was playing. He also won 7 scoring, 9 field goal percentage, 11 rebounding titles in addition to an assist title. The assist title showed how diverse and skilled he was. Despite leading the league in field goal percentage, rebounding, scoring and minutes - he also led in assists that same year. In fact for a 4 year period from 1965 through 1969 he averaged over 8 assists per game - amazing. Statistically Kareem comes in 2nd to Wilt, David Robinson 3rd, Artis Gilmore 4th, Bill Russell 5th and Shaq 6th for centers in the NBA.

http://hoops-nation.com/community/topic/53308-the-strength-of-wilt-chamberlain/

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chambwi01.html

Chamberlain is the only player in NBA history to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game in a season, a feat he accomplished nine times. He is also the only player to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game over the entire course of his NBA career.
He was about 275 in his prime, but I think he must have been over 300 when he was with the Lakers.

My apologies. We were talking about Russell then someone mentioned Wilt and I obviously did not read correctly or my brain simply farted. In regards to offensive game I was still taking about Russell. Wilt was a fantastic scorer.

• I've never seen a player considered one of, if not, the greatest of all time where the opposing teams' defense is to literally not guard him and play 5 feet off - can u imagine playing 5 feet off Bird, Kobe, Dirk or Jordan? Dude is a better version of David Robinson - stack the team enough and he's gonna win but don't wait around for him to keep scoring under pressure

The Admiral 2.0 was pretty solid last night.

The Admiral 2.0 was pretty solid last night.
Solid's an understatement. LeBron wasn't the Heat's problem in their two losses, despite, for him, subpar performances. A key last night was some other players showed up, including Wade, Bosh and Allen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom