OT: Looking for posters to discuss Marshall St Bars for a TNIAAM piece | Syracusefan.com

OT: Looking for posters to discuss Marshall St Bars for a TNIAAM piece

BlackKnight76

All American
EDIT: I was going to send out the questions in a DM on here but we created a nifty questionnaire, so feel free to fill this out if you're interested in participating:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Cy4G8_3yZdnDmgUERbMJi-GqoD2-DUu6XFrqlCcEKdQ/viewform

Coming off of the news that Lucy's was changing into a new bar, over at NunesMagician we're planning a big comprehensive piece on the history of the Marshall Street bar scene (think Grantland oral history type stuff), and I'd love help from a few of us. We're looking for Syracuse fans/alumni/whoever from various times to answer a few questions about what Marshall Street was like during their time on the Hill. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you the questions we have.

Damn right, lord knows I spent enough time at the bars on M-Street. And I probably remember at least some of it through the alcohol induced haze.

99-03

i was there from 03-07 if u need help

Sure. You can shoot me some questions. Most of my focus will be on some of Maggie's ridonkulous beer specials (free beer night. That really happened). But happy to contribute. It's not often I'm able to contribute on subjects of any kind. This one is my best shot at being helpful.

I spent a ton and ton of time at the bars (maybe a little TOO much). I was there 04-08, I'd be glad to help.

All of my answers are already scrawled across the walls and tables of Chuck's.

So that's why Chip's name is written so many places. The accompanying doodles were a bit much for my taste, though.

With overlapping years, Kaiser and I literally lived at the bars from '88-'93.

Mostly Harry's, Maggie's (when it was awesome, seriously) O&O, 44's & a little Faegan's.

Had friends working the door and bartending at all of the above.

id like to submit tboxer as a character reference to erase any doubt on my qualifications to answer questions about the M-Street bars for the same years listed.

Without even knowing what tboxer states, I can second it.

Kaiser did good work at the bars - both with the booze and the broads. (and occasionally the fists)

Coming off of the news that Lucy's was changing into a new bar, over at NunesMagician we're planning a big comprehensive piece on the history of the Marshall Street bar scene (think Grantland oral history type stuff), and I'd love help from a few of us. We're looking for Syracuse fans/alumni/whoever from various times to answer a few questions about what Marshall Street was like during their time on the Hill. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you the questions we have.
I didnt attend school on the hill...but i was there from 2001-current (LEGALLY haha) 98-current officially. You should get the point of view from a local

Shoot me a PM. I can talk about times...well, times before many of the posters here.

If you need the voice of a Mormon that never actually ever entered one of those bars while taking 15 SUPA credits as a highschooler circa 99-00, I'm the guy for that.

I worked at Darwins from 2005-2006 until they shut down... :-(
Man did I love Darwin's. We would get there at 3 on a Friday to make sure we got one of the tables and just hold down the fort there for hours, playing a$$hole and drinking cheap pitchers and eating wings. Those were good times. I still have a couple Darwin's pint glasses that I may have taken without permission.

Man did I love Darwin's. We would get there at 3 on a Friday to make sure we got one of the tables and just hold down the fort there for hours, playing a$$hole and drinking cheap pitchers and eating wings. Those were good times. I still have a couple Darwin's pint glasses that I may have taken without permission.

I never got to work until like 7-8 on Fridays because I had practice, but I used to see people with 20-30 $1 pitchers that they got at 4:55 and drank them all night.

Oh hell yes. 92-97 I got several incidents at Sutters Mill and the Original Hungry Charlies (off which I was removed several times) vaguely etched in my memory.

I can even do Westcott well (TAPs and East L.A./Planet 505/The Orange Grove)

Don't you guys love how one mention of "tell me about all the times you got drunk" gets people to turn out in droves?

Classic.

If you need the voice of a Mormon that never actually ever entered one of those bars while taking 15 SUPA credits as a highschooler circa 99-00, I'm the guy for that.
Instead, maybe you can comment on why Mormon women in the middle of Utah are so ridiculously good looking?

I grew up on Marshall Street.

My dad took me for my first haircut at the Fine Arts Barber Shop when I was three - 1962. I got my hair cut by the owner "John" until I went away for college.

My family friends owned and operated the women's closhing shop, "Casual Miss" (later "Casual Ms.") on Marshall Street for many years.

When I think of Marshall Street, I think of haircuts, Cosmo's pizza, rainy weather and SU Football games.

The drinking came many years later during law school!

Instead, maybe you can comment on why Mormon women in the middle of Utah are so ridiculously good looking?

Oh, that one's easy. Perfect balance between nature and nurture. I'd explain more, but then you'd want to get baptized and you're not ready for that yet.

So that's why Chip's name is written so many places. The accompanying doodles were a bit much for my taste, though.

My two favorite Chuck's grafittis, circa 1991-95...

"I f#$ked your Mom!"
"Shut up Dad, you're drunk"

...and...

"Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!!!"