ot Matt Park | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ot Matt Park

Id love to see them bring back Logan.
great little video about Logan.

PS. there's a clip of Joe Morris (i think) running up the sideline, and he looks as fast as any back I've ever seen in that clip. lol

Matt park is fantastic, this thread should be deleted.... we have it so good here and we still find something to complain about with our broadcasting

Matt Park is not fantastic. He is fine and much better at hoops than football, where he is frustrating.

Not bad, but not great.

Wow...watching that Doug Logan clip brought back memories how great he was at announcing games. Thanks for the clip linkage.

PS. there's a clip of Joe Morris (i think) running up the sideline, and he looks as fast as any back I've ever seen in that clip. lol
I love that video

To this day whenever we make the final four we go around my office and in our logan voice say "final four for syracuse!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt is okay. Tad nasally, not great pipes. Decent hoops PBP. Never going to get a major market PBP gig, but could be here forever.

Good golly, that's the voice of Syracuse University sports.

That's awesome. Totally loved those times.

Matg
Matt park is fantastic, this thread should be deleted.... we have it so good here and we still find something to complain about with our broadcasting[/quoMatt

He's absolutely terrible. I have never seen a worse play by play announcer.

Why can't we have Logan back and then go get Parkins for drive time. Put some pep back into Syracuse sports radio.

I like Matt but I agree he should state the result of the play first and the description of it afterwards. I liked Doug Logan, too. I've liked all our "Voices of the orange" from Bill O'Donnell and Joel Mareiness onward- except Mark Johnson. Melo wasn't the only "one and done" guy that year. Doug Logan was all set to say "And Syracuse wins the National Championship!" in 1987 and I wish he had been behind the mike to finally say it in 2003.

That was in the first ever football game at the Dome, (was it the first event?). A Miami of Ohio running back had just gone 88 yards fort a touchdown on a run from scrimmage. Joe took the kickoff back 95 for the score and we won 36-24. How many of us were there? I was. I still have the ticket stub.

I like Matt but I agree he should state the result of the play first and the description of it afterwards. I liked Doug Logan, too. I've liked all our "Voices of the orange" from Bill O'Donnell and Joel Mareiness onward- except Mark Johnson. Melo wasn't the only "one and done" guy that year. Doug Logan was all set to say "And Syracuse wins the National Championship!" in 1987 and I wish he had been behind the mike to finally say it in 2003.

When I was little we sat in the balcony 2 rows beneath Joel. He always smelled of liquor.

One of them. There are alot of drunks I wouldn't want to listen to. But I'm sure it helped.

He was a good guy.

I had a problem listening to Park on my way back from Chicago on Sirius. SU vs PSU and my wife and I kept asking what happened? How many yards did they get? We had no clue way too many times what yard line the ball was on and it was frustrating as hell.

Then why ask the question? You wanted to know opinions on if he'd go somewhere. My opinion is that he's been here an awful long time. Longer than you'd think if he was on the fast track...because you're right lots of comp for those jobs by a ton of people.

Guess I asked it because I think he's good, obviously Im in the minority ...next topic

I had a problem listening to Park on my way back from Chicago on Sirius. SU vs PSU and my wife and I kept asking what happened? How many yards did they get? We had no clue way too many times what yard line the ball was on and it was frustrating as hell.

Agreed 100% for Football it is a real chore to listen to his broadcast...that Clip of Doug Logan drove the point home to me.

Why doesn't someone tweet Park about this? I mean, don't be a about it, just let him know that some more detail would be appreciated.

Why doesn't someone tweet Park about this? I mean, don't be a about it, just let him know that some more detail would be appreciated.

Because from what I have heard about him he thinks he is Bob Costas.

Spot on. He's good at hoops, below average at football. He's a fairly nice guy, but someone very close to me works with him every so often and says Matt Park is a HUGE Matt Park fan, if you know what I mean. Frankly, thats quite impressive considering he makes Mike Lindsley look like Ryan Gosling.
I know Matt and disagree. He is a down to earth and very friendly guy.you can have any opinion you want on his broadcasting but this little attack on his character is crap.

I know Matt and disagree. He is a down to earth and very friendly guy.you can have any opinion you want on his broadcasting but this little attack on his character is crap.
I know a few people that have worked with him that say otherwise as well. The times I've met him he's been a nice guy but quite a few corroborating accounts.

I know a few people that have worked with him that say otherwise as well. The times I've met him he's been a nice guy but quite a few corroborating accounts.

I was his TA for a semester. He wanted to do whatever he could to help all of the people in his class make it in the business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom