Class of 2019 - OT Matthew Bergeron (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OT Matthew Bergeron (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Land of the moose to the Cuse! I like it! Welcome to the Orange!

KP_04_022_CLIP5.00_01_05_22.Still001.jpg

We about to get your Bergeron.

The staff saw this kid up close and personal at camp. If they did not think he could play in the ACC they would not have offered.

He sure looks pretty fit and trim for 6-6 300 and moves well and in that film. I like it.

Majority of lineman are generally a few years away from playing anyhow.

Last edited:
Like that he was a camp guy who earned an offer that's always a good sign plus we can always use OL. That said hoping we can land a few more guys with high end offers, we already have a few "project" or at least under the radar types and it would be hypocritical not to mention it as we bust on Rutty pretty good for their class so far. Still way early obviously but I am hoping we can ramp it up like we did last year especially once the season starts and we hopefully take that next step forward..

Love this kids size and he can move. For those that know the dynamics of recruiting, do stars follow him after the commitment? Or does he remain ranked as an unproven talent from another country? I get it either way, just superficially wondering if he will attain 3 stars or so given the commitment. To bolster our class rating?

Love this kids size and he can move. For those that know the dynamics of recruiting, do stars follow him after the commitment? Or does he remain ranked as an unproven talent from another country? I get it either way, just superficially wondering if he will attain 3 stars or so given the commitment. To bolster our class rating?
I shall assign him 6 stars ...One more than 5 but not quite 7, because that would be too much

Who cares about the stars this kid has. He had a full in person tryout in front of our staff. We have limited spots this year and they offered him on the spot. Kids a stud in the coaches eyes, Cavanaugh has forgotten more about OL talent than most. Id say the kid is going to be on the 2 deep in 2 years.

I also feel if u get a offer after camp, it’s cause u have ACC potential. Does it effect our star rating yeah, but I don’t care and in 2 full years of weight room he should be good to go. Feet look pretty quick so that’s the base of everything anyways. I trust coaches.

It doesn't matter if the player is from Canada or small town USA if they don't attend sponsored camps there is little likelihood that they will be "evaluated" and ranked. The evaluation by the coaches that see them at campus camps is more important than an evaluation by a pay service.

We have limited spots this year and they offered him on the spot. Kids a stud in the coaches eyes, Cavanaugh has forgotten more about OL talent than most. Id say the kid is going to be on the 2 deep in 2 years.
Agreed. If the guru (Cavanaugh) was infatuated with him, that's good enough for me. And I could stare at that picture of him all day ...ahem ...not like that ...I swear

I like OL and DL recruits who look about 27.
Ha! For real

Looks like every OL this staff offers has exceptional agility and quickness, Matthew included. Looks like they are targeting tall, lean guys who can run. Qaadir is an exception.
Yeah, he looks like a basketball player in that tape.