OT: May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month

thx for this. I got Lyme last month. Red bite I should have focused on sooner turned dark and a bit painful and then I had fever for 2 days. On verge of going to ER per my doctor but after 2 rough nights fever broke and was on antibiotics 3 weeks. Curious if you think I’ll be effected by this down the road? Thank you and good luck to you.

Man I hope not, but I'm not really sure. I've read about people dealing with this for years, so I'm just trying to stay positive. Good luck to you, as well.

I got Lyme about 5 years ago with a similar story to many here. I had my knee swell up 2-3 times, got it drained and it would swell up again (dr thought it could be age/an old sports injury/or strained MCL). Then I got night sweats so bad my pillow would be soaked in the morning. After the night sweats I luckily I went to a doctor that figured out Lyme disease quickly and put me on drugs.

One more rare possible effect of Lyme disease is memory loss which my wife swears I have some of since getting Lyme disease but I think it's really just selective memory on my part because I can still remember Syracuse game details from 30 years ago.

Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up a tick about a week ago. Pretty sure I don't LD: pulled the tick out after just a few hours; no erythema migrans; also, the tick was all black. We do have some lyme disease here in NoCal but not much. I saved the tick in scotch tape in case it would help with a diagnosis later.

Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up a tick about a week ago. Pretty sure I don't LD: pulled the tick out after just a few hours; no erythema migrans; also, the tick was all black. We do have some lyme disease here in NoCal but not much. I saved the tick in scotch tape in case it would help with a diagnosis later.

Not sure what your lyme situation is in NoCal but if that were Saratoga County they would have given you 2 pills of doxycycline. 100mg each.

Last edited:
How's this for irony. My son found it crawling on his thigh last night as he was getting into the tub. He had been wearing compression pants all day long so it got underneath them. I could barely see it, just looked like a spec of dirt, so I asked him what made him react to it and he said he it was moving. (he'd only been playing in the neighbors front lawn to not the woods.)

IMG_0988.jpg
0.jpg
IMG_0984.jpg

Last edited:
I found a tick inside my waistband and had the bulleyes rash a few years ago, took the antibiotic course and it was effective, maybe. I don't know. Unfortunately, it seems like some of the symptoms for Lyme can be mild and unnoticed until they aren't.

I went for a hike near Green Lakes the fist nice day this spring after the snow melted, maybe late Feb, early March. Pulled four ticks off my clothes. I carry one of these tick keys on my key chain now and I put one on the dog's collar when he was still alive. Just to have it handy.

This covid-19 is also a big compromise to figuring out possible symptoms of Lyme disease.

I felt like I was fighting Covid-19. Two weeks later I was feeling well enough to do some necessary yardwork. A few days after that, I had this huge headache overnight that I could swear was a Lyme headache, but I have decided later that it was part of Covid-19. But its all a guess, including if I actually had Covid-19, but I think I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom