OT: Mega Millions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Mega Millions

FYI, the ticket in Georgia was sold in Buckhead next to Phipps Plaza very close to where the team hotel was for the final 4.

And that throws the theory out of country bumpkin towns selling winning lotto tix.
Wonder how close the San Jose vendor was to our team hotel there. Funny, when I heard those two locations on the radio today... I was like ... "I was at both those locations this spring during the NCAA tourney. Maybe there is an omen there for the team

Wonder how close the San Jose vendor was to our team hotel there. Funny, when I heard those two locations on the radio today... I was like ... "I was at both those locations this spring during the NCAA tourney. Maybe there is an omen there for the team

Or maybe you should start buying tickets in places after Syracuse plays there in the tourney... ;)

FYI, the ticket in Georgia was sold in Buckhead next to Phipps Plaza very close to where the team hotel was for the final 4.

And that throws the theory out of country bumpkin towns selling winning lotto tix.

And no one who lives in that area needs the money. Hopefully it wasn't one of them.

San Jose, Cal (gift shop) and someplace in Georgia had winning tickets, so looking like 2 people will each be getting $170 mil cash. Wow.

I don't understand why they don't break it up more. I am a capitalist, but it seems absurd that only 2 people will split that money, and more importantly, likely blow that money away. Especially, money they did not earn. Have different tiered prizes greater than $1-2 mil. $50 mil for grand prize, a few $25 mil prizes, then a bunch of $5-10 mil prizes.

Change the lives of a several instead of a couple.

This and other mega-contests do have smaller prizes ($1,000,000 for 5 #'s without Mega-ball, for instance - a few days ago, 20 or so employees of Syracuse City Hall collectively won $1,000,000). Human nature just won't allow for it.

Lottery officials consider splitting the grand prize now and then, but there just aren't nearly as many sales when the top prize is below $100,000,000. Kinda how SU/Duke outdraws SU/Coppin St.

I try to reference Coppin St. at least once a year for some reason.

This and other mega-contests do have smaller prizes ($1,000,000 for 5 #'s without Mega-ball, for instance - a few days ago, 20 or so employees of Syracuse City Hall collectively won $1,000,000). Human nature just won't allow for it.

I know there are those size prizes. I said greater than $1-2 mil.