OT - Monte Buh-Bye | Syracusefan.com

OT - Monte Buh-Bye

definitely forced to resign so his son didn't have to fire him. he was atrocious this year. the tampa-2 doesn't work in college.
Even worse to have to consider firing your pops! Hate to be celebrating Xmas w/ the Kiffin family this year.

I think the Tampa-2 could be successful at USC. Most of their defense ends up in the NFL anyway. I feel like the ineffectiveness is more of an issue decreased schollies from sanctions, but I could be wrong too.

Even worse to have to consider firing your pops! Hate to be celebrating Xmas w/ the Kiffin family this year.

I think the Tampa-2 could be successful at USC. Most of their defense ends up in the NFL anyway. I feel like the ineffectiveness is more of an issue decreased schollies from sanctions, but I could be wrong too.
It won't be successful there because college offenses don't play like the NFL. It doesn't matter that it prepares these kids for the pros, it's just not a good defense to play college football.

It won't be successful there because college offenses don't play like the NFL. It doesn't matter that it prepares these kids for the pros, it's just not a good defense to play college football.

You hit the nail right on the head. People have been calling for Monte's job for awhile out here. Without going into detail, it was fairly obvious spread offenses exploited the tampa-2 defense which has the secondary playing far off the line of scrimmage with the idea being to not let up the big play. Problem is the spread rips it to shreds because it throws under the secondary and you end up with very fast athletes with lots of open space, making those open field tackles pretty difficult. It also doesnt help with scholie limits because often times in practice tackling will be toned down, compounding the matter.

If you'd ever met the Kiffin family, you'd hate to celebrate christmas with them any year.

If you'd ever met the Kiffin family, you'd hate to celebrate christmas with them any year.
Except for Mrs. L. Kiffen.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Except for Mrs. L. Kiffen.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
She's very nice... and yes, hot too. Monte also seemed nice the one time I met him. Lane's mom=satan.