OT: My Wife | Syracusefan.com

OT: My Wife

cuseinseattle

All American
so went on a family outing today to do a walk for Multiple Sclerosis. It was a fun and we walked right by UW basketball arena. Which led my wife to go unto this long unreasonable tirade (might be exaggerating) about how we have two season tickets to husky basketball now. She claims she doesn't understand just because some Syracuse assistant gets the head coaching job now we have to go. According to her it's not enough that we watch every Syracuse basketball game twice and I spend ungodly amounts of time on some stupid message board. I told her these statements were hurtful and unnecessary. She claimed that what is unnecessary is spending our weekends talking about high school kids visiting Syracuse. Im assuming she was referring to Jordan Tucker and I told her to name the other small forwards coming back next year. She refused to but I'm assuming that's because their are none.

I honestly don't understand women. I mean you would think if someone is passionate about something that would be a thing you would admire.

so went on a family outing today to do a walk for Multiple Sclerosis. It was a fun and we walked right by UW basketball arena. Which led my wife to go unto this long unreasonable tirade (might be exaggerating) about how we have two season tickets to husky basketball now. She claims she doesn't understand just because some Syracuse assistant gets the head coaching job now we have to go. According to her it's not enough that we watch every Syracuse basketball game twice and I spend ungodly amounts of time on some stupid message board. I told her these statements were hurtful and unnecessary. She claimed that what is unnecessary is spending our weekends talking about high school kids visiting Syracuse. Im assuming she was referring to Jordan Tucker and I told her to name the other small forwards coming back next year. She refused to but I'm assuming that's because their are none.

I honestly don't understand women. I mean you would think if someone is passionate about something that would be a thing you would admire.
This is hilarious. I get "basketball again?!" Or "you're going to watch more basketball now?!" at least once a day. Hurtful and unnecessary.

She watches the games with you and will go to the uw games too? Sir, I think you are the king of the castle.

It's not too late to join the club.
nov15-373_lg.jpeg

There must be good divorce lawyers in Seattle.

Give her half your stuff to leave. Watch all the basketball you want.

I broke my wife in early while we were dating. Everything was going great, brought her Cuse, went to SU hoop game she said "Wow look at all this orange, you guys are really passionate fans!" Later we stopped at Carousel on the way back to L'Pool.
Wife: "Wow, were all these people at the game?"
Me: What do you mean?
Wife:"Well everyone is wearing orange."
Me: Well we're in Syracuse.
Wife: But that lady has green pants on and an orange shirt! And that guy has has on orange and purple!
Me: What's your point?
Wife: Do they think orange goes with anything?
Me (inside voice) : Hmmm. Maybe I was wrong about this one.
Me: Wellllll...it is game day.

Later that night she says "You know I thought all the orange everywhere was a little weird, I mean I'm a Bengal fan so I wear lots of orange but usually with black or white. But when we got home and I saw your Mom wearing those green and blue plaid pants with her orange sweatshirt and your Dad with the green and white checked pants with the orange polo I started to realize, orange really does go with anything!"
Me: Now you're starting to get it!
Wife: You're not dressing like that back in Cincinnati.
Me: Ok. (inside voice: "we'll see.")

23 years later most of my wardrobe is still orange (thank you Bengals and my kids high school). The other day I even wore an orange SU t-shirt with some faded purple shorts I have. As my wife walked by she says "You're not in Syracuse."

:):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom