OT: NCAA Tournament Square Pools Are Up... | Syracusefan.com

OT: NCAA Tournament Square Pools Are Up...

The Super Bowl is done; it is time to think about the tournament. The squares for the NCAA square pools are now available for purchase. You can find the information here:

The Syracuse.com Pool (10/square): NCAA Pool

The Big Pool (100/square): NCAA Pool

The Second Big Pool (100/square): NCAA Pool

This is not your typical bracket pool. It is a square pool with a chance to win something on all 63 games (not the play-in games). You can see the payouts on the pool web pages.

Thank you,

NUZZI

Yea. Wow. Just got in the big one. Need something to keep me occupied during March madness. In big one and little one.

The 'Cuse pool is struggling a bit. I know there is still a lot of time, but if you have any family or friends who want to play, please share the link: NCAA Pool.

NUZ
gator4302.hostgator.com : localhost : marinzzi_sbpdb : Sold:Paid:Unpaid | phpMyAdmin 4.9.7 202...png

Attachments

• gator4302.hostgator.com : localhost : marinzzi_sbpdb : Sold:Paid:Unpaid | phpMyAdmin 4.9.7 202...png
    gator4302.hostgator.com : localhost : marinzzi_sbpdb : Sold:Paid:Unpaid | phpMyAdmin 4.9.7 202...png
    33.7 KB · Views: 40
Since I have no interest in watching the tourney with us not in it (again), I'm in for more as well to have something to hope for. :)

John,

Shouldn't your grids read "Higher Seeded Team" and "Lower Seeded Team",

instead of "Winning Team" and "Losing Team"?
No, he's noted that this has changed for 2023.

**** me for not reading the fine print.

I guess it all works out the same.
It's easier than having to check the seeds.

the big difference in higher/lower vs winning/losing is that it moves the board around so much more as the score changes. It makes easier to go back after a game to figure out the winner for sure.

If the suggestion box is open, I do have some input. I’m sure that’s shocking.

Under the old format, you could root for both a close win and a ‘big’ win. Under this format, you’re rooting for one or the other.

I liked the dance of the old format, but I’m sure I’ll get used to this. I don’t think I’ve ever won once haha, so change could be good.

Under the old format, you could root for both a close win and a ‘big’ win. Under this format, you’re rooting for one or the other.

I liked the dance of the old format, but I’m sure I’ll get used to this. I don’t think I’ve ever won once haha, so change could be good.
I’m appreciative of the work put into running these polls, but I enjoyed the old format as well. Maybe I’m judging things prematurely and should wait until the games are played.

I don't follow. Your numbers are still your numbers, and they were randomly generated. You can have a winning pair in a close game or a one-sided game.

I don't follow. Your numbers are still your numbers, and they were randomly generated. You can have a winning pair in a close game or a one-sided game.

I’m not complaining.

I have 8 (winning) and 1 (losing). So the closest possible spread that could be a winner for me is 7 points. That wouldn’t really be a close game by NCAAT standards. Hypothetically, I could root for 78-61 or 68-61 but not 71-68.

Under the old format, all three options would be in play. So a close win, ‘medium’ win, and big win were all in play, it was just a matter of which seed did which. The new way takes one of the possibilities away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom